Page 1576 of 2280 FirstFirst ... 5761076147615261566157415751576157715781586162616762076 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,760 of 22796
    Blog Entries
    Night of Legends Review

Nice little opening having a live band play. Interesting seeing the Endurance Championship match take place first. Normally I'd say I'm surprised by who the pick was, but I knew it was Darius. I didn't like the ending of this match though. The match was well written, but the ending didn't fit Smyth in my opinion. This is a guy who weaseled his way out of numerous matches with Kyojin. I would have expected something different.

Nice Kayfabolous promo. Sometimes they can talk too much, but this one was just right. So next we have Wells vs Lay-Cena. Here is my one issue with this match. I feel like Wells heel turn was handled poorly. Until it was pointed out in the thread, I hadn't even realized Wells was a heel. And Wells makes a good mid card contender, so you would think that his turn would be something to kick him up a notch. This match was rather basic, didn't really excite me or have me on the edge of my seat. Good to see Oscar get the win, as Des does amazing with him. my only other gripe with this match, is after the video, in the written portion, asides from a small bit of offense Wells got in, Lay-Cena dominated. I would have expected more back and forth.

Nice little promo from Carlos and Van. I also noticed the subtle drop they made there, makes me wonder if someone is coming back.

Up next was Black Blooded vs Kayfabolous. Nice match here, my favorite so far of the night, for whomever wrote it. Glad to see Black Blooded get the win. Asher does an amazing job with them, and I smell tag team gold in their future.

Following that match, is the tag title match. now, personally I would have put this later on in the show. The tag division in IWA is super hot, and to me, I feel like the levels of titles goes like this World title at the top, then Endurance and Tag titles, then Blackout, then Bombshell. I would have liked to see the tag titles later in the show, to show their significance. Good match though, with a nice ending. Glad to see Carlos and Van retain.

Here I go, boasting about Asher, and he delivers a good Vivica promo. Kudos. So a match I've been waiting for, Pisces Pink vs Vivica. Personally I'm surprised Pink won. I feel like Vivica has been on a roll, and while she would have to lose the title eventually, I was expecting Juno Mercury to be the one to take it off her, in some kind of Scramble match that featured all of the bombshells. But, Kudos to Pink, and hopefully scribs is ok and comes back.

Nice promo from Ace Note, and we are on to Kyojin vs Jman. I like playing up the Superstar of the Year aspect. Reminds me of the Miz constantly boasting about beating John Cena at Wrestlemania. Good match, and great promo from Kyojin. He is the premier heel in IWA. Though, the small Darius promo after this, made no sense. It was short, and didn't serve a purpose. I would have rather waited to hear from him on the next show.

Ok, now we've got Orion Slayde vs Israel Pamich. A very well written match by whomever wrote it. Interesting to see Pamich get the win, but here is where I am torn. S.E.Z as Slayde, is a hit and miss. One week, he can deliver a promo that makes me go "this guy deserves a title", and another week he delivers a promo that makes me think "meh, he is ok". I think if S.E.Z. starts hitting the money week in and week out, he is a future champ in IWA.

Great promo from Jackson Smith. I've always been a big fan of CM Rock's, and this promo right here proves why he will be a champion before the end of 2013, mark my words. Now we've got Malcolm Adonis vs Mike Hawk for the Blackout championship. Here is where I am torn. I am a fan of Adonis, as I envision him akin to the Rock. A side of comedy, a side of serious, but over all great. On that note though, I'm also on the Hawk train, as WF does a great job as him. This match imo is match of the night so far, so whomever wrote it, Kudos! Nice ending, and congrats to Hawk for retaining. Could have went either way in my opinion, and I feel like Adonis still has great things on his horizon.

time for the draft. nice touch on the Dave Ryan part. Interesting way of doing the draft. I would have rather seen where each GM gets 5 picks, instead of the randomness. But i digress. So, AJ Dixon to Chaos, Chaos has Bombshells, and Revolution has tag teams. So, Infection is split up. I feel like this is a good thing, as Carlos and Van have a chance to really shine and be at the forefront of the tag division. Interesting to see Kyojin on Chaos, and KJ Punk on Revolution. I was hoping for an eventually Kyojin vs Punk feud, so who knows, maybe it'll be a cross brand feud at some point.

So we've got Doom vs Jackson. Interesting match, interesting ending. I am certain this is far from over, so I wonder where it goes next.

Nice promo from Sagittarius Blue, but disappointing that Scribs could do the promo, but not the matches.

So we've got Ace Note vs Jonathan Seahawk. Nice match, glad to see Note get the win, as he deserves it more than Seahawk.

Now we have a Sugar and Spice promo. First...Night of Destiny? Erm...does GG not realize what PPV this actually is? While I like the idea of Sugar and Spice, this promo, mixing up the PPV name to start with, just didn't pop to me. I'm hoping GG kicks it up a notch, as I think Sugar and Spice can be really prominant in bombshell division, but that comes down to Glamour Girl showing she wants it, in her promos. Stuff like this...won't cut it. Now it's time for the 2 on 1 handicap match. While I am a fan of Juno, I would have rather seen S&S win by nefarious means, as to continue this feud in some manner. Short match.

Great promo from Chris Diamond. Props to Nial. Nice to see The Vegas Kid win, but now it leaves me pondering where Diamond will go. Will he twist his words around and go with the idea that he has never lost a match in under 7 minutes, or will he go in a completely different direction with a new gimmick. Definitely someone to look out for.

Time for the main event. So, I'm going to be brutal here, and if I catch slack for it, oh freaking well. We all knew, Divine wasn't going to win, and we all know, Ashley Punk had to quickly get this match done, but look at this match. PRetty much as soon as this video ends, it becomes a one way match with Shaz dominating. I would have preferred to see some more back and forth (like we should have seen in Oscar vs Wells), and give that illusion of "what if Divine does win", just as a curveball. Now mind you, I'm not saying this, because Divine is my guy. This could have been ANYONE, this could have been Jman, with J vanishing, and I'd say the same thing.

Now for my over all thought. While this wasn't a bad show, it wasn't a great show. I'd say it borderlined good/ok. I envisioned IWA has having 4 big PPV's. Destined for Immortality, Death by Glory, Blackout, and Lost Cause. With DBG being the next PPV, I expect a huge step up, and some amazing writing. To me, there is no #1 efed, IWA is right alongside the likes of WWE Fantasy, and EWNCW, and this next PPV, is the chance to really shine and show what is possible, much like at Destined for Immortality.

Blog Entries
    So most seem to think I'll be back eventually, anyone have any guesses when it might be?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Night of Legends Review

Nice little opening having a live band play. Interesting seeing the Endurance Championship match take place first. Normally I'd say I'm surprised by who the pick was, but I knew it was Darius. I didn't like the ending of this match though. The match was well written, but the ending didn't fit Smyth in my opinion. This is a guy who weaseled his way out of numerous matches with Kyojin. I would have expected something different.

Nice Kayfabolous promo. Sometimes they can talk too much, but this one was just right. So next we have Wells vs Lay-Cena. Here is my one issue with this match. I feel like Wells heel turn was handled poorly. Until it was pointed out in the thread, I hadn't even realized Wells was a heel. And Wells makes a good mid card contender, so you would think that his turn would be something to kick him up a notch. This match was rather basic, didn't really excite me or have me on the edge of my seat. Good to see Oscar get the win, as Des does amazing with him. my only other gripe with this match, is after the video, in the written portion, asides from a small bit of offense Wells got in, Lay-Cena dominated. I would have expected more back and forth.

Nice little promo from Carlos and Van. I also noticed the subtle drop they made there, makes me wonder if someone is coming back.

Up next was Black Blooded vs Kayfabolous. Nice match here, my favorite so far of the night, for whomever wrote it. Glad to see Black Blooded get the win. Asher does an amazing job with them, and I smell tag team gold in their future.

Following that match, is the tag title match. now, personally I would have put this later on in the show. The tag division in IWA is super hot, and to me, I feel like the levels of titles goes like this World title at the top, then Endurance and Tag titles, then Blackout, then Bombshell. I would have liked to see the tag titles later in the show, to show their significance. Good match though, with a nice ending. Glad to see Carlos and Van retain.

Here I go, boasting about Asher, and he delivers a good Vivica promo. Kudos. So a match I've been waiting for, Pisces Pink vs Vivica. Personally I'm surprised Pink won. I feel like Vivica has been on a roll, and while she would have to lose the title eventually, I was expecting Juno Mercury to be the one to take it off her, in some kind of Scramble match that featured all of the bombshells. But, Kudos to Pink, and hopefully scribs is ok and comes back.

Nice promo from Ace Note, and we are on to Kyojin vs Jman. I like playing up the Superstar of the Year aspect. Reminds me of the Miz constantly boasting about beating John Cena at Wrestlemania. Good match, and great promo from Kyojin. He is the premier heel in IWA. Though, the small Darius promo after this, made no sense. It was short, and didn't serve a purpose. I would have rather waited to hear from him on the next show.

Ok, now we've got Orion Slayde vs Israel Pamich. A very well written match by whomever wrote it. Interesting to see Pamich get the win, but here is where I am torn. S.E.Z as Slayde, is a hit and miss. One week, he can deliver a promo that makes me go "this guy deserves a title", and another week he delivers a promo that makes me think "meh, he is ok". I think if S.E.Z. starts hitting the money week in and week out, he is a future champ in IWA.

Great promo from Jackson Smith. I've always been a big fan of CM Rock's, and this promo right here proves why he will be a champion before the end of 2013, mark my words. Now we've got Malcolm Adonis vs Mike Hawk for the Blackout championship. Here is where I am torn. I am a fan of Adonis, as I envision him akin to the Rock. A side of comedy, a side of serious, but over all great. On that note though, I'm also on the Hawk train, as WF does a great job as him. This match imo is match of the night so far, so whomever wrote it, Kudos! Nice ending, and congrats to Hawk for retaining. Could have went either way in my opinion, and I feel like Adonis still has great things on his horizon.

time for the draft. nice touch on the Dave Ryan part. Interesting way of doing the draft. I would have rather seen where each GM gets 5 picks, instead of the randomness. But i digress. So, AJ Dixon to Chaos, Chaos has Bombshells, and Revolution has tag teams. So, Infection is split up. I feel like this is a good thing, as Carlos and Van have a chance to really shine and be at the forefront of the tag division. Interesting to see Kyojin on Chaos, and KJ Punk on Revolution. I was hoping for an eventually Kyojin vs Punk feud, so who knows, maybe it'll be a cross brand feud at some point.

So we've got Doom vs Jackson. Interesting match, interesting ending. I am certain this is far from over, so I wonder where it goes next.

Nice promo from Sagittarius Blue, but disappointing that Scribs could do the promo, but not the matches.

So we've got Ace Note vs Jonathan Seahawk. Nice match, glad to see Note get the win, as he deserves it more than Seahawk.

Now we have a Sugar and Spice promo. First...Night of Destiny? Erm...does GG not realize what PPV this actually is? While I like the idea of Sugar and Spice, this promo, mixing up the PPV name to start with, just didn't pop to me. I'm hoping GG kicks it up a notch, as I think Sugar and Spice can be really prominant in bombshell division, but that comes down to Glamour Girl showing she wants it, in her promos. Stuff like this...won't cut it. Now it's time for the 2 on 1 handicap match. While I am a fan of Juno, I would have rather seen S&S win by nefarious means, as to continue this feud in some manner. Short match.

Great promo from Chris Diamond. Props to Nial. Nice to see The Vegas Kid win, but now it leaves me pondering where Diamond will go. Will he twist his words around and go with the idea that he has never lost a match in under 7 minutes, or will he go in a completely different direction with a new gimmick. Definitely someone to look out for.

Time for the main event. So, I'm going to be brutal here, and if I catch slack for it, oh freaking well. We all knew, Divine wasn't going to win, and we all know, Ashley Punk had to quickly get this match done, but look at this match. PRetty much as soon as this video ends, it becomes a one way match with Shaz dominating. I would have preferred to see some more back and forth (like we should have seen in Oscar vs Wells), and give that illusion of "what if Divine does win", just as a curveball. Now mind you, I'm not saying this, because Divine is my guy. This could have been ANYONE, this could have been Jman, with J vanishing, and I'd say the same thing.

Now for my over all thought. While this wasn't a bad show, it wasn't a great show. I'd say it borderlined good/ok. I envisioned IWA has having 4 big PPV's. Destined for Immortality, Death by Glory, Blackout, and Lost Cause. With DBG being the next PPV, I expect a huge step up, and some amazing writing. To me, there is no #1 efed, IWA is right alongside the likes of WWE Fantasy, and EWNCW, and this next PPV, is the chance to really shine and show what is possible, much like at Destined for Immortality.
    Thanks, Shag.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    So most seem to think I'll be back eventually, anyone have any guesses when it might be?
    Will you?

Well, I better not blink as I may miss it.

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    I'd say before the end of summer. No reason why, I'm just guessing haha! Around early to mid August

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Will you?

That sums up Aston Villa this season then, huh?

FOOTBALL in the IWA thread FTW

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Will you?

Boom! Headshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    That sums up Aston Villa this season then, huh?

FOOTBALL in the IWA thread FTW
    BOOM! HEADSHOT!

Efedding:
    Creative of the Year 2012
    Superstar of the Year 2012 (Kyojin)
    User of the Year 2013
    Writer of Match of the Year 2013
    EWNCW Tag Team of the Year 2013 (Hot Wasabi- with Torphy)
    eWN eFed Hall of Famer Class 2
    Final ICW World Champion (Kyojin)
    Current WWE Champion (Cody Rhodes)

i am thinking Bear will just start up a new efed during the summer. Insane will in the name somehow. As for his comment on Glamour getting the PPV name wrong in the promo- it happens, we all make mistakes in promos. And it could have been an easy fix on creatives side when proof reading promos that come in

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

UPDATE ON SCRIBBLER

I finally got a hold of Scribbs a moment ago and he explained to me that the reason he left so suddenly was because he had a medical condition that became serious due to him being unable to take the time off work to recover. He will be checking his inbox some time tonight and has not abandoned us. He hopes to be back full time tomorrow or in the next few days.

WWE Fantasy Fed
    Eve Torres
    Chyna
    ???
    ???

RTE
    Eden Sky - First and only TWE Vixxen's Champion

IWA

Sugar & Spice

JBW (Closed Fed)
    Athena
    - First female to become Intercontinental Champion
    Eden Sky - JBW Bombshell Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eyehatecena View Post
    i am thinking Bear will just start up a new efed during the summer. Insane will in the name somehow. As for his comment on Glamour getting the PPV name wrong in the promo- it happens, we all make mistakes in promos. And it could have been an easy fix on creatives side when proof reading promos that come in
    I don't proof read other people's work. I read and enjoy what they do but I never make edits or corrections. Not my job.

#BennysTeddy