Page 312 of 2280 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302310311312313314 322 362 412 812 1312 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 22796
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Pretty easily, the PM limit is 5k characters, so specifying like a limit of 1PM per person per promo or something could work quite well

of course, that is just my opinion. Been sitting back reading all of this, rolling it around in my head for a bit.
    Like I replied to benny, we had discussed this thought on putting a limit to the length of promos, because a few people were making extremely large promos, and at times they weren't even group promos, it was just individual promos. But then the nagging part of me took over in the thought "why limit someone's creativity". This was originally what I was thinking in regards to promo limits.

For a normal show or normal promo, a limit of 2 messages per person per promo. So that would give someone 10k characters to use. I know I use that myself normally for each promo for other efeds, and I know others use close to that if not a little more, and some only use 1. For PPV's a limit of 3 messages per person per promo. Now of course if you are doing a joint promo with 1 or more other people, it would be a combined amount of like. Like for instance, with the Shaz/Hawk/Smith promo, the limit would have been 6 pm's in total.

Now there would be on occasion those promos that the two people involved have a chance to make something really impactful. I don't want to name names but there are a few promos coming up between now and then that would qualify, and to me, in those times, you shouldn't have a limit, because it comes down to creativity and letting your ideas flow and making it all gel, and not worry about if your within a limit.

What do you guys think of that?

I usually do between 5k and 6k character promos, essentially 5 paragraphs of speech worth. I think for individuals there should be a 2 message limit, maybe a 3 message limit for pairs, and a 4 message limit for groups?

Efed stuff that doesn't matter

1 x IWA World Heavyweight Champion - Malcolm Adonis

Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Dean Ambrose

1 x EWNCW Tag Team Champion - Malcolm Adonis w/ Kyojin

Current No 1 Contender to the EWNCW Title - Arthur Lansdale

I lied, it matters.

"Tell me.. what is insane about wanting to create perfection? I'd be crazy not to." - Jarvis Cole

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Like I replied to benny, we had discussed this thought on putting a limit to the length of promos, because a few people were making extremely large promos, and at times they weren't even group promos, it was just individual promos. But then the nagging part of me took over in the thought "why limit someone's creativity". This was originally what I was thinking in regards to promo limits.

For a normal show or normal promo, a limit of 2 messages per person per promo. So that would give someone 10k characters to use. I know I use that myself normally for each promo for other efeds, and I know others use close to that if not a little more, and some only use 1. For PPV's a limit of 3 messages per person per promo. Now of course if you are doing a joint promo with 1 or more other people, it would be a combined amount of like. Like for instance, with the Shaz/Hawk/Smith promo, the limit would have been 6 pm's in total.

Now there would be on occasion those promos that the two people involved have a chance to make something really impactful. I don't want to name names but there are a few promos coming up between now and then that would qualify, and to me, in those times, you shouldn't have a limit, because it comes down to creativity and letting your ideas flow and making it all gel, and not worry about if your within a limit.

What do you guys think of that?
    Perfect example, Torph's just sent me a promo for Adonis this week that is excellent, and it's 2 pms, My guess is it's a little less than 10k. Perfect example...

and yes...I just pulled a Tommy Thunder and quoted myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Torphy View Post
    I usually do between 5k and 6k character promos, essentially 5 paragraphs of speech worth. I think for individuals there should be a 2 message limit, maybe a 3 message limit for pairs, and a 4 message limit for groups?
    My only problem with going with like a 4 msg limit for groups is, what if you have a group thats big, like last weeks promo with Dixon, Athena, Carlos, VHX, and Rage? Or the one with Kayfabolous, Carlos/VHX, and Three of a Kind.

I take it like real life, a promo is cut to hit there points...I'm not saying anybody does talk a lot ,but a long promo overshadows what the person before said and what the next person will say. Because of the on and on and on they just did.

Mind you I'm thinkin about it as real life , imagine for somebody to do a promo so long that you atually would like to read some/hear some and skip the rest because basically the outcome is known. The point was already given, so why drag the subject.

Ya know what I mean? (Its Sunday morning, I'm in-n-out of it lol )

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Quote Originally Posted by chunkkynutzzz View Post
    I take it like real life, a promo is cut to hit there points...I'm not saying anybody does talk a lot ,but a long promo overshadows what the person before said and what the next person will say. Because of the on and on and on they just did.

Mind you I'm thinkin about it as real life , imagine for somebody to do a promo so long that you atually would like to read some/hear some and skip the rest because basically the outcome is known. The point was already given, so why drag the subject.

Ya know what I mean? (Its Sunday morning, I'm in-n-out of it lol )
    Bullseye. Therefore no one really sticks out because they're always looking to end with the last laugh so to speak, trying to be the bigger and better promo writer which doesn't always work out.

There is no point in limiting promos, just don't drag them out. If you can't cover what need to in under 10k characters (alone), which is a full page post wise then damn, you may be trying too hard to stand out. Over 10k should be done well with a joint promo, as more than two people can work well enough to do over 10k just fine.
    S.E. Zero is now Luizero. Look him up

Quote Originally Posted by S.E. Zero View Post
    Bullseye. Therefore no one really sticks out because they're always looking to end with the last laugh so to speak, trying to be the bigger and better promo writer which doesn't always work out.

There is no point in limiting promos, just don't drag them out. If you can't cover what need to in under 10k characters (alone), which is a full page post wise then damn, you may be trying too hard to stand out. Over 10k should be done well with a joint promo, as more than two people can work well enough to do over 10k just fine.
    This. I pretty much get to the point in mine and don't drag them on, because that's where most promos get lost and get boring. If I feel myself struggling with something to say, then I know it's time to end it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S.E. Zero View Post

This is a very valid point. I know I've been guilty of this a few times - wanting to have a lengthy, substantial promo - but a more "economical" promo would be much better.

The Star Signs
    IWA - JBW - TWE - BITW

Sagittarius Blue - 1st Ever JBW United States Champion

#WhereIsPiscesPink

WWE Fed...
    Kharma/Awesome Kong
    Lei'D Tapa, The Queen of the Rings
    Kenny King, The Prettyboy Pitbull

Schweizner: So, the IWA World Championship has changed hands 3 times in a month. The IWA Endurance Championship is being put on the line with "representatives". So I guess that means my boys are not only the most fighting champions in IWA, but also in possession of the most prestigious championship.
    ‚Äč

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    This. I pretty much get to the point in mine and don't drag them on, because that's where most promos get lost and get boring. If I feel myself struggling with something to say, then I know it's time to end it soon.
    I don't know if anybody else does this, but since IWA started, Eddie & I do a structure before commencing the promo. Can't remember who came up with the idea, but it is useful with back and forths. It's just a plan to say person (a) says this, person (b) responds, person (a) covers this point, person (b) issues challenge etc.

Promos may still be lengthy, but at least there is something there to build on so at least something new crops up, as opposed to repetitiveness.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy