Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

WWE can do without him now

Anyone else think that Randy Orton has outlived his usefulness? I feel like he needs to go away. He is at that upper stage in WWE now where he can be put into a feud with Brock Lesnar(like John Cena & HHH were) and lose to him, like HHH did & John Cena should have. I wish that could happen. He has already feuded with Sheamus twice, had dozens of matches with Dolph Ziggler before even ever having any actual feud with him; which was there even really a feud between the two of them that led to the NOC match? Sheamus, I believe, is doing just fine at the top; especially after i saw his deposition segment with David Otunga HAHA! Wade Barrett I think is good enough to be at top now. Dolph Ziggler has been good enough for a long time but I bet Vice President Randy Orton (John Cena is President) tells Owner Vince McMahon he still doesn't wanna give up his spot to him.

Randy Orton should not be a face, he does not know how to be a face. He should be a heel. Randy Orton is a top guy in this company just like Cena, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, and all of these guys should be used a lot to put over young talents. And I really don't think Randy Orton vs Brock Lesnar would bring something ! For me Lesnar has done nothing since his return. I liked his match vs Triple H but that's all so nothing that I won't forget.

I think WWE should turn Drew McIntyre face, and Randy Orton heel and make them have a solid fued. Drew McIntyre has a lot of potential and is not used correctly we know why, and this has to stop ASAP. WWE should push McIntyre hard, as a top face.

Speaking of Brock Lesnar, I want WWE to resign him after Wrestlemania and put him as a Tag Team with CM Punk, with Paul Heyman for as their manager ! I'm sure they will be successful and that would bring ratings.

Blog Entries
    I don't think he has out lived his usefulness. I am an Orton fan. Granted his recent run as a face has been lackluster at times, there is no denying he makes a dynamite heel. Hopefully before years end we see that Orton again

Blog Entries
    WWE sure is treating Orton like just a house guest in his own house. He's the face of SmackDown! now ever since Undertaker left. Randy Orton is always set aside though because apparently SmackDown! isn't important enough to host there own main events each week and NEED John Cena.

Randy Orton lost everything ever since losing to Cena back in 2009, being buried so badly because superman needed his push for the 50th time. Randy Orton fought at WM26 against the other members of Legacy and buried them. Then Orton didn't really do anything else memorable in 2010, and then he just got John Cena's sloppy seconds for WrestleMania. After Cena's rivalry with NEXUS in all 2010, CM Punk took over and targeted Cena, then nothing happened, and then he went after Orton. It as Orton's time to take out NEXUS and had what seemed like a thrown together match at WrestleMania 27. Then came 2012, when Kane returned an tried to get Cena to "Embrace the Hate" and REAL thought out story for their rivalry, but Cena had to get ready for hiss match with Rock, so Kane needed someone to fight, and who else should he face> That's right in second consecutive thrown together match for WrestleMania 28, it;s Orton vs Kane(In the second match of the event). And now what? Is Orton gonna be in a thrown together rivalry with AJ 2 weeks before WrestleMania 29 and be betrayed to face Langston? I wouldn't doubt it. rather him or Ziggler, guaranteed.

Those amazing RKO's(Where the opponent does all the work to flip and shit just for Orton to simply catch them a couple feet from the ground) are nothing when there is no personality behind them. He's just someone to face mid-carders - who's careers he does nothing for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWonder View Post
    Anyone else think that Randy Orton has outlived his usefulness? I feel like he needs to go away. He is at that upper stage in WWE now where he can be put into a feud with Brock Lesnar(like John Cena & HHH were) and lose to him, like HHH did & John Cena should have. I wish that could happen. He has already feuded with Sheamus twice, had dozens of matches with Dolph Ziggler before even ever having any actual feud with him; which was there even really a feud between the two of them that led to the NOC match? Sheamus, I believe, is doing just fine at the top; especially after i saw his deposition segment with David Otunga HAHA! Wade Barrett I think is good enough to be at top now. Dolph Ziggler has been good enough for a long time but I bet Vice President Randy Orton (John Cena is President) tells Owner Vince McMahon he still doesn't wanna give up his spot to him.
    I will answer your question with a couple of questions...
    Can randy orton still wrestle at a high level?
    Is randy orton "over" with the fans?
    Is there a better natural heel in the wwe?
    I would answer the following questions Yes,Yes,No.
    #BeJelly

For me, Orton's been missing something for YEARS now. What that something is, I'm not really sure... but does anyone else feel that way? Does anyone else feel like a piece of the puzzle is missing? If I had to try and fill that piece and name something, I'd say the viper gimmick isn't quite clicking with people. For that matter, Kofi's "wildcat" thing isn't clicking for me either. Maybe I hate animals or something... but Jake the Snake was Jake the Snake because he had an actual snake, and the delivery of his promos I suppose could be construed as snake-like... like "oh my god, that guy gets under my skin... he's creepy... like a snake". Orton as the viper doesn't have the same feel, and he certainly doesn't have an actual snake with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    For me, Orton's been missing something for YEARS now. What that something is, I'm not really sure... but does anyone else feel that way? Does anyone else feel like a piece of the puzzle is missing? If I had to try and fill that piece and name something, I'd say the viper gimmick isn't quite clicking with people. For that matter, Kofi's "wildcat" thing isn't clicking for me either. Maybe I hate animals or something... but Jake the Snake was Jake the Snake because he had an actual snake, and the delivery of his promos I suppose could be construed as snake-like... like "oh my god, that guy gets under my skin... he's creepy... like a snake". Orton as the viper doesn't have the same feel, and he certainly doesn't have an actual snake with him.
    I can see where you're coming from.

For me, Randy Orton stopped being entertaining after 2009. That was the year he was the freaking VIPER. His character was demented, sick, twisted, and remorseless. He was the heel equivalent to John Cena, and there was no bigger bad guy in the company. The Lex Luthor to Superman.

But it's like as soon as he turned face at WrestleMania 26, he lost it. His character was never meant to be face, and "The Apex Predator" is nothing but a watered-down, boring version of "The Viper". Orton's just a shadow of what he used to be, and he's been that way for 3 years now.

Outlived his usefulness?

No.

Orton is still, imo, one of the best WWE has. His timing is completely perfect, he doesn't try to pull off hundreds of moves in a match, just because he CAN do them; tells one of the best stories when he's in a match, often has one of the better matches of a PPV. He's still over with the crowd, whether or not the IWC thinks he's boring.

The only thing he needs is to go back heel.

--

WWE is treating him, and likely Rey to an extent, the way they are because they both have TWO strikes against them already.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    I just watched his Smackdownmatch with Antonio Cesaro. It was really good. As were his matches with Ziggler, with Sheamus, with Christian, with Del Rio.. Randy Orton has really good matches with everyone. I understand that some like to see him lose more often, but besides that, the matches are very good and in my opinion even help midcard guys. Sure, winning would mean more for them, but Orton did give Cody a rub in their matches, Rhodes got in offense and looked like a contender.

In my opinion: Orton has real good matches on PPV's, is one of the superman/superstar guys that once in a while loses a match. I'm not saying he really lets guys go over him, but he's no Cena either. Yes, his character is a bit stale because he has nothing to do, and I don't see that change in the near future. But I see no point in letting him leave / side tracking him. He's one of the biggest stars, (after two not very relevant years) still consequently scores one of the biggest pops, and is not that old. To compare: Ziggler and Orton both are 32. So fading out the established name Orton in favour of Ziggler doesn't make any sense. Sure, we the IWC will love it, but it's not like they're building for the future if they do.

I'd like to suggest the opposite of what you suggest. Orton still has all the tools, but nothing to do. He needs a good feud.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

I came in expecting this thread to be about Mysterio.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.