View Poll Results: What do you think of Bob Backlund.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Underrated

4 66.67%
  • Overrated

1 16.67%
  • Rated Correctly

1 16.67%

Bob Backlund : Underrated Wrestler

In WWE/WWF History has had a lot of underrated wrestlers such as the likes of Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat, and Jimmy Snuka all who have never held the WWE Title and are usually the ones regarded as the most underrated wrestlers of all time. But I feel Bob Backlund, a former 4 time wwf Champion is the most underrated wrestler of all time. With one of the greatest submission finishers in WWF History and having been in some of the greatest matches of all time Bob Backlund seems to be overlooked by the WWF, and fans alike when mentioning some of the greats in WWF history. Bob Backlund was one of the best in-ring wrestlers, one of the greatest techincians, and has even sold out Madison Square Garden on more than one occassion. Yet when he returned in people called him bland he was able to change his character completely in turn into a psycho heel that was able to incite a crowd that few wrestlers could do back in the early 1990s. I feel Bob Backlund deserves a little more recognition and the one wrestler I feel to be the most underrated and perhaps one of the all time great in-ring competitors, as well as talkers in WWF/WWE History.

Thoughts on Mr. Backlund..