Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happiness

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Weird, I think the 3DS already actually has a stronger library of games at this point in its life-cycle than the DS did (especially when you factor in all of the excellent eShop stuff). I'm also not sure I can get on board with saying that the Wii had a barren library when I can name 3 to 4 dozen games that range from really good to fucking great that are available for it. I mean, sure, it might not have the wealth of great multi-plat stuff that the other two consoles are rocking, but there are certainly enough high-quality Wii exclusives to warrant owning one.

With the launch window line-up for Wii-U blowing the Wii's launch window line-up out of the water, I personally couldn't resist already reserving and paying for my Deluxe bundle (aside from someone really wanting a white console, I can't imagine why anyone would go Basic when the Deluxe is clearly such a better value, but different strokes and all o' that, I guess). Shit, the 18th of November can't come soon enough. New Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, and Scribblenauts Unlimited on launch day? My body is so ready. Hell, I'm even jazzed for Nintendo Land (after hearing lots and lots of uber-positive hands-on impressions). And then we're getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, and Bayonetta 2 before the end of March? Best. Nintendo. Launch. Ever. Hands-friggin'-down.
    I love when Ape goes all nerdy on us.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Your anus, K2. Ring is a euphemism for anus.

Quote Originally Posted by thejman93 View Post
    I love when Ape goes all nerdy on us.
    There's plenty more where that came from.

Said nerdiness has matured somewhat, though, in that I won't be waiting in line for 12 hours to get my console like I did when the original Wii launched. Don't get me wrong: that was actually a blast...but I was admittedly under the influence of some foreign substances that time, and this old guy just can't party like he used to (partly because my girlfriend won't allow it). I figured by pre-ordering my console ahead of time, I can now just wake-up that Sunday and then roll over to Best Buy to pick up my stuff at my leisure. I also won't have to mingle with grown-ass people in Nintendo cosplay, which is a huge plus.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Weird, I think the 3DS already actually has a stronger library of games at this point in its life-cycle than the DS did (especially when you factor in all of the excellent eShop stuff). I'm also not sure I can get on board with saying that the Wii had a barren library when I can name 3 to 4 dozen games that range from really good to fucking great that are available for it. I mean, sure, it might not have the wealth of great multi-plat stuff that the other two consoles are rocking, but there are certainly enough high-quality Wii exclusives to warrant owning one.

With the launch window line-up for Wii-U blowing the Wii's launch window line-up out of the water, I personally couldn't resist already reserving and paying for my Deluxe bundle (aside from someone really wanting a white console, I can't imagine why anyone would go Basic when the Deluxe is clearly such a better value, but different strokes and all o' that, I guess). Shit, the 18th of November can't come soon enough. New Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, and Scribblenauts Unlimited on launch day? My body is so ready. Hell, I'm even jazzed for Nintendo Land (after hearing lots and lots of uber-positive hands-on impressions). And then we're getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, and Bayonetta 2 before the end of March? Best. Nintendo. Launch. Ever. Hands-friggin'-down.
    Yeah I was pretty harsh on the Wii library, but I truly feel that way about the 3DS.. One of the more disappointing video gaming investments ive made lately, when I compare my DS and 3DS libraries, im more likely to play the DS back catalogue over the few selections I have on 3DS.. I just think I expected a lot more from the cartridge perspective and im continuing on my catalogue of 3DS games, Im just disappointed with the lack of good third party titles.. Just high hopes shot down for me, now im not saying I wont purchase a Wii U, but I wont be one of the pioneers on launch day.. I will be looking forward to reading all your reviews though, it could sway me (ive been swayed before on this forum on my purchases, so who knows)..

Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    Yeah I was pretty harsh on the Wii library, but I truly feel that way about the 3DS.. One of the more disappointing video gaming investments ive made lately, when I compare my DS and 3DS libraries, im more likely to play the DS back catalogue over the few selections I have on 3DS.. I just think I expected a lot more from the cartridge perspective and im continuing on my catalogue of 3DS games, Im just disappointed with the lack of good third party titles.. Just high hopes shot down for me, now im not saying I wont purchase a Wii U, but I wont be one of the pioneers on launch day.. I will be looking forward to reading all your reviews though, it could sway me (ive been swayed before on this forum on my purchases, so who knows)..
    Well, the DS has been out for almost 8 years now, so of course when comparing those libraries the 3DS is going to come out looking inferior. But if you look back at what the DS had to offer in the first year and a half of its run, there really isn't much of a disparity in the quality of the machines' respective catalogs. The more I think on it, I actually still give the 3DS the edge (granted, this is due to a handful of really stellar first party content, but my opinion still stands).

I definitely agree with you in regards to third-party content- to be fair, there are at least a couple of good ones in games like Resident Evil: Revelations and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars- but I attribute much of the dearth of those to hesitant developers who were in fear of the era of dedicated handheld consoles being over and done with. I mean, traditionally third party-friendly Sony aren't faring much better on this front with their Vita (of course, they aren't doing too well on the first party front, either, but that's a whole other conversation ). Now that Nintendo has righted most all of the 3DS' initials wrongs and are pushing units like true West Baltimore corner boys, I fully expect this to change. Plus, there are quality third-party downloadables to be find on the eShop at least, so that sort of helps to ease the wait until we get those full-fledged releases .

Well, the DS has been out for almost 8 years now, so of course when comparing those libraries the 3DS is going to come out looking inferior. But if you look back at what the DS had to offer in the first year and a half of its run, there really isn't much of a disparity in the quality of the machines' respective catalogs. The more I think on it, I actually still give the 3DS the edge (granted, this is due to a handful of really stellar first party content, but my opinion still stands).

I definitely agree with you in regards to third-party content- to be fair, there are at least a couple of good ones in games like Resident Evil: Revelations and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars- but I attribute much of the dearth of those to hesitant developers who were in fear of the era of dedicated handheld consoles being over and done with. I mean, traditionally third party-friendly Sony aren't faring much better on this front with their Vita (of course, they aren't doing too well on the first party front, either, but that's a whole other conversation ). Now that Nintendo has righted most all of the 3DS' initials wrongs and are pushing units like true West Baltimore corner boys, I fully expect this to change. Plus, there are quality third-party downloadables to be find on the eShop at least, so that sort of helps to ease the wait until we get those full-fledged releases .
    You know what, that totally makes sense.. Now that I think of it, I was late on the DS.. My first DS was a DSi, which I got on launch day, so there were plenty of titles by the time I hopped on that train.. I smoke a lot of weed lol so I blame that lolol.. Nah really I felt like I had the DS since launch but it was the DSi..

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Haha. Gotta love the ganj.

But, yeah, the original DS's launch library had the remake of Super Mario 64, and, um...the remake of Super Mario 64. Did I mention the DS version of Super Mario 64 yet? Seriously. That first year or so was brutal. It wasn't until, like, 18 months in (around the time stuff like Kirby's Canvas Curse started dropping) that things really turned around.

Haha. Gotta love the ganj.

But, yeah, the original DS's launch library had the remake of Super Mario 64, and, um...the remake of Super Mario 64. Did I mention the DS version of Super Mario 64 yet? Seriously. That first year or so was brutal. It wasn't until, like, 18 months in (around the time stuff like Kirby's Canvas Curse started dropping) that things really turned around.
    LMAO Yeah I wouldve hated that.

MARVEL > EVERYTHING

Interesting how the topic turned from the Wii U to the 3DS. :/ ADD much? lol
    A Irishman, a Russian, and an Italian were having a tea party.............

I lost my love for Nintendo after the N64. While there were some fantastic games for it, in my opinion it never stacked up with the Playstation. My PS1 got far more play time out of me. I thought it just got worse with each passing console. Before with the NES and SNES, not only were Nintendo games kicking ass but so were third party games. The amount of third party kickassery seems to get smaller and smaller with each passing Nintendo console.

If the processor in the Wii U being slower than the PS3 and 360 doesn't prove to be too much of a problem, the Wii U may have a chance. The graphics card is supposedly very very good, but not the CPU(which apparently makes spammy crap like the Dynasty Warriors games run worse on the Wii U than the PS3/360).

The Wii-U's larger VRAM and more powerful GPU are there to compensate for the CPU clock speeds. That's actually sort of the whole point.