Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Really? So there was no interest when AJ and Styles won the Tag Titles at Slammiversary, even though the so many claimed that it was an easy 5star match? And there was no interest when Aries put the belt up at Destination X, to which I have yet to hear anyone say Aries did not earn the shot AND belt? You are disregarding a whole years worth of them showcasing the other belts (especially the Tag Titles with CriMorgan losing to MagnaJoe and ultimately losing it to Kaz and Daniels) simply because they have been focusing on the BFG Series to set up for this month’s PPV? Wow, that's the exact mentality I expect from WWE fans these days. Forget what happened 3 months ago and just focus on the now. Story continuity means shit these days because of "instantaneous gratifiers" like you


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Really? So there was no interest when AJ and Styles won the Tag Titles at Slammiversary, even though the so many claimed that it was an easy 5star match? And there was no interest when Aries put the belt up at Destination X, to which I have yet to hear anyone say Aries did not earn the shot AND belt? You are disregarding a whole years worth of them showcasing the other belts (especially the Tag Titles with CriMorgan losing to MagnaJoe and ultimately losing it to Kaz and Daniels) simply because they have been focusing on the BFG Series to set up for this month’s PPV? Wow, that's the exact mentality I expect from WWE fans these days. Forget what happened 3 months ago and just focus on the now. Story continuity means shit these days because of "instantaneous gratifiers" like you
    What... are you talking about? o.O.

    I never said anything about TNA's Tag-Division, i was referring to WWE's tag-division being like TNA's X-Division, an afterthought.

    I never said anything about their other belts, nor wanting instant gratifications.

    Which means, most of my point, went right over your head.

    TNA's X-Division is dead. When Aries won the title, there was no viable person to take the title off him and they did nothing to build anyone up to do it. They brought in people, and those people are more or less gone again. Rubix? Rashad? King hasn't been seen since his title match for the belt. Dutt recently got a shot, but wasn't going to win it anyway.

    So, tell me, what is Evan gonna do in the X-Division? Get the title? Then what? There is no one for him to face. No one has any build, TNA cast them off, or if they are still with the company, work house shows. So, excuse me for thinking Evan going to the X-Division is going to do nothing for him, or TNA, aside from having an extra name.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

    Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

    Winner of BotN[Seraphim]



    I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

     

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    What... are you talking about? o.O.

    I never said anything about TNA's Tag-Division, i was referring to WWE's tag-division being like TNA's X-Division, an afterthought.

    I never said anything about their other belts, nor wanting instant gratifications.

    Which means, most of my point, went right over your head.

    TNA's X-Division is dead. When Aries won the title, there was no viable person to take the title off him and they did nothing to build anyone up to do it. They brought in people, and those people are more or less gone again. Rubix? Rashad? King hasn't been seen since his title match for the belt. Dutt recently got a shot, but wasn't going to win it anyway.

    So, tell me, what is Evan gonna do in the X-Division? Get the title? Then what? There is no one for him to face. No one has any build, TNA cast them off, or if they are still with the company, work house shows. So, excuse me for thinking Evan going to the X-Division is going to do nothing for him, or TNA, aside from having an extra name.
    Apparently, your point was taken out of context. Let's break it down for a second, shall we?

    The X title gets less focus than any other major title in TNA is your complaint, correct? When Aries won the belt, he managed to do his best to cover up the disgrace that was "Abyss Kills the X Division" after a failed Kendrick was poorly booked as the savior. Kendrick won the title on 07/10/2011. After Kendrick won the belt, he had 10 title defenses before dropping the belt to Aries on 09/11/2011. Now comes the fun part. Austin Aries defended the belt 58 times before dropping the title at Destination X this year. This means that he DEFENDED the belt 58 times (a total of 68 title defenses in 1 year) and does not include non-title defenses and tag team matches.

    Now if you are the kind of fan who only goes off of televised shows, then you have an argument to be made (because apparently the only thing that matters to people these days is television, whereas a fan who has followed the sport for more than 5 years actually cares about the total work load of the champ). However, most people who bring up this point are also the fans who claim seeing titles being defended each week on TV make the champion stale. And yes, there was no one being built up to take the belt off of him, except for that kid Sorensen and Ion, which resulted in the kid being built up having his neck broke. Since Sorensen broke his neck, Aries in turn is to blame for killing a division. And as to the Jigsaw and Sabian comment, they were brought in, much like Jack Evans, Jimmy Rave, and other previously, only as viable challengers for the contract(belt this year) in a one off. These guys are not signed talent because it would crowd the division. If you remember, the year that Aries won the contract, Zema, Sorensen, and Neese all got contracts later on after doing house shows, with Zema being the first to actually get signed.

    But what gets me the most is your contradiction. The X Division is dead to you, correct? Aries buried it because there were no stars there and no one was built up to take the belt from him. If that's the case, why would you not want someone like Evan (who fits the division) to come in and add a bit to the talent pool that you are saying is non-existent? Wouldn't the smart thing to do in order to revive a division that you say they don't give a shit about (which also doesn't make sense if they just passed the stipulation that the title holder at Dest X can trade it in for a WHC title shot) be to bring in more talent to challenge the champion for the belt?

    Yeah, you're comment went way over my head, sport... Or the better answer is that you have no clue what you're talking about and got upset that someone pointed that fact out.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Apparently, your point was taken out of context. Let's break it down for a second, shall we?

    The X title gets less focus than any other major title in TNA is your complaint, correct? When Aries won the belt, he managed to do his best to cover up the disgrace that was "Abyss Kills the X Division" after a failed Kendrick was poorly booked as the savior. Kendrick won the title on 07/10/2011. After Kendrick won the belt, he had 10 title defenses before dropping the belt to Aries on 09/11/2011. Now comes the fun part. Austin Aries defended the belt 58 times before dropping the title at Destination X this year. This means that he DEFENDED the belt 58 times (a total of 68 title defenses in 1 year) and does not include non-title defenses and tag team matches.

    Now if you are the kind of fan who only goes off of televised shows, then you have an argument to be made (because apparently the only thing that matters to people these days is television, whereas a fan who has followed the sport for more than 5 years actually cares about the total work load of the champ). However, most people who bring up this point are also the fans who claim seeing titles being defended each week on TV make the champion stale. And yes, there was no one being built up to take the belt off of him, except for that kid Sorensen and Ion, which resulted in the kid being built up having his neck broke. Since Sorensen broke his neck, Aries in turn is to blame for killing a division. And as to the Jigsaw and Sabian comment, they were brought in, much like Jack Evans, Jimmy Rave, and other previously, only as viable challengers for the contract(belt this year) in a one off. These guys are not signed talent because it would crowd the division. If you remember, the year that Aries won the contract, Zema, Sorensen, and Neese all got contracts later on after doing house shows, with Zema being the first to actually get signed.

    But what gets me the most is your contradiction. The X Division is dead to you, correct? Aries buried it because there were no stars there and no one was built up to take the belt from him. If that's the case, why would you not want someone like Evan (who fits the division) to come in and add a bit to the talent pool that you are saying is non-existent? Wouldn't the smart thing to do in order to revive a division that you say they don't give a shit about (which also doesn't make sense if they just passed the stipulation that the title holder at Dest X can trade it in for a WHC title shot) be to bring in more talent to challenge the champion for the belt?

    Yeah, you're comment went way over my head, sport... Or the better answer is that you have no clue what you're talking about and got upset that someone pointed that fact out.
    He did his best by... beating everyone there after winning the title and then moving on to people who weren't in the x-division, with a few call backs to it.

    58 defenses against WHO though? Did you really think any of them had a chance of taking the belt off Aries? After a while, it just became the X-Division Title has a match, Aries is going to win it, and we're all going to move on.

    I never said anything about the title being defended every week, unless that's how you build a division, which would be remarkably slow. They did little, after the neck breaking incident, which was not Aries' fault, and like Ion's, they slowed down the x-division, kept the belt on Aries and had him move on, while the rest of the X-Division did little to nothing.

    Crowd the X-Division they did little to nothing with. Haskins, whom is signed to TNA, doesn't get used(Rightly so, because he is currently injured if I remember correctly), the rest just sit in the back and wait for their turn. Now everyone is slowly moving out, and the process is starting to repeat.

    Bring in talents, give them a shot, sign a couple, do nothing with them.

    Zema Ion = Champ
    Haskins = hasn't been around, injured.
    Nese = Wasn't used much, gone.
    Sabin/Shelley = Both pretty much just sat around while the other was injured. Now one is gone, and the other is injured and rumored to be possibly leaving.
    Kendrick = Gone

    I never said I don't give a shit about it, I said it's dead(I think the WWE tag division is dead, but that doesn't mean I don't give a shit about it).

    Again I asked, what is he going to do? Based off the past year - Aries dominated it for a year, and only lost the title for a shot at the big one, which turned out to be a good gamble for him. Ion won the title, had a mini-feud with King, then both went missing. Ion showed back up, won against Dutt, and it's yet to be seen if he's going to be featured more.

    If they want to bring in Bourne fine, they'll have to wait until he gets out of jail(I'm not sure on the marijauna laws everywhere, but getting caught smoking a joint, gets you arrested in most places stateside), then decide if he's worth the risk with his injured foot, and tendency to get stoned. But I wanted to know, what is he going to do? If TNA doesn't do something with the X-DIvision, and it's going to take more than one man, then it's likely he'll get swept under the rug, unless TNA decides it wants to push the X-Division again, which imo, they haven't seemed to want to do.

    The tournaments are nice to bring in a few indy talents, or some past favorites, but last year the only one that really thrived was Aries.

    And lastly, why would I be upset? Anyone who gets upset on the internet should probably step away from the computer and take a nice long gulp of fresh hair.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

    Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

    Winner of BotN[Seraphim]



    I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

     

  5. #15
    Super Member Rockstar83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where Ever I Am Currently
    Posts
    665
    Depends if Stephanie McMahon has final word then it's Evan. But if it's Triple H then Santino.

    I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

  6. #16
    Remember when cena begged for his push at world title?
    Ur comment makes me think


    Not removing till alex riley is pushed
    Dean ambrose makes his debut
    Bray wyatt scares a kid on raw
    Aj lee wins divas title
    The miz turns face
    Mick foley goes in Hof
    Paige brings her sexiness to wwe

    Money in the bank-tied 19th

    I've been a miz fan since the real world

  7. #17
    Give Bournes spot to Tyson Kidd and send Bourne packing. Kofi too for that matter!

  8. #18
    Senior Member Los Conquistador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Republic of Ireland
    Posts
    491
    Blog Entries
    2
    does anyone feel that the WWE values Bourne more than we think
    he has two wellness policy strikes both within a short space of time - a thing that got chris masters fired

    two strikes usually costs anyone who is not a valued employee their job (Umaga, Carlito, Rene Dupree)
    he has powerful supporters in John Cena and Evan Bourne

    he still has his job despite despite having not competed all year due to wellness policy violations and injury
    how many stars have lost their jobs because they were injured e.g A-train (Tensai), Candice Michelle, Michael Tarver, Perry Saturn, Heidenreich, to name a few

    i'm not saying they are grooming him for a world title run but they obviously want to keep him by the looks of things

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mt. Olympus
    Posts
    330
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador View Post

    i'm not saying they are grooming him for a world title run but they obviously want to keep him by the looks of things

    Vince owns intellectual property rights for a lot of the gimmicks that were in the AWA, so he plans to put Bourne and Misterio together as The High Flyers.
    --Stately

    visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm


  10. #20
    He should return by smashing through a wall with a painted storm trooper helmet.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.