Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bound for Glory

Too early if you ask me. When they begin adding matches to the event. You start to get pumped for it. I'v gotten pumped for a BFG ppv like who's going to win and who is facing who. Example: Joe vs Sting young gun wanting take the spotlight away from the vets while vet wants more respect than that. You have also on the card Angle vs Jarrett 1 when they never battled before. I don't see him as main event talent, but the shots he took at Angle during his promos made you want to see who won that match.

I was wanting a bigger main event. Hardy vs Aries wasn't the main event I wanted. I didn't want Storm vs Aries either because he had like 4 or so shots for the title this year. I was wanting Angle, Joe, or even AJ Styles vs Aries. I can see why they chose Hardy because the merch sales top guy and most popular right now drawing. Jeff to me, I still look at him as a WWE guy. The other guys I mentioned provide more meaning to TNA in my opinion. At least, in my heart. LOL! AJ and Joe dominated the X-Division while Aries brought it back to the top just recently. That along with AJ being the original TNA guy. Joe wanting to get back to the top after being dumped to the midcard 3 years ago. Angle is still the top guy in the company in my eyes. He put TNA to the next level. Be nice to give Aries a rub on the biggest ppv of the year. Beating 1 of those 3 particularly AJ or Angle would make him the man!! Jeff just been riding the midcard w/exception of losing matches to Roode. Last meaningful fued he had that intrigued me was vs Jarrett which I was glad it ended. Jeff losing doesn't say to me he is the man. If Aries loses, I'll be very upset. Not intrigued by another Storm/Roode match either. Card hasn't been solid the past 2-3 years. However, I believe the best moment in the history of the ppv happened in 2009 when AJ retired Sting. Wish he would have stayed retired because he isn't providing much at all to TNA. Isn' wrestling like Hogan. Just hogging up air time. Since he came back, I havnt been interested in Sting. The more he stays around, the more I think he is hurting his legacy. Sting was my favorite wrestler when I watched WCW. No WCW moment topped him beating Hogan at Starrcade. Time to hang up the boots unless he provides a match w/Taker....I could really care less about seeing him on TNA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    I was wanting a bigger main event. Hardy vs Aries wasn't the main event I wanted...

Jeff losing doesn't say to me he is the man. If Aries loses, I'll be very upset. Not intrigued by another Storm/Roode match either. Card hasn't been solid the past 2-3 years.
    Okay, I see what you're saying with Hardy vs Aries, but the thing that I do like about this is that Hardy hasn't really been given WHC shots. He has been hanging in the midcard and doing what Hardy does best. The reason I wasn't upset with Hardy winning is that it was his only way to get back to another shot. The doghouse that he was in (rightfully so) was dug so deep that the most popular guy on the roster wasn't in the Main Event scene since his return. He put in the hard work, time, and dedication to not fucking up. This alone helps to build a storyline, but I am wondering how they will tie it in with Aries. Aries didn't have a thing to do with this, so basically if we go off this story alone there are 2 results possible.

(1) Jeff loses and turns heel after all the hard work he put in didn't get him anywhere. Similar to Bobby Roode's turn, but it would be a more out assault on the roster (A&8's does need a big name to head up the group after all) rather than just taking the belt and holding it by any means necessary.

(2) Jeff wins after the storied comeback from fuck up to top dog. Fans love him and have stuck by him no matter what problems he has faced in life. It might not be the most popular for the IWC, but Jeff would bring in more casual fans who love him on his name alone. Plus, with his contract coming up for negotiations soon, what better way to keep him happy than to give him the belt. Would I want this; no... But from a TNA business stand, it makes sense to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    Since he came back, I havnt been interested in Sting. The more he stays around, the more I think he is hurting his legacy. Sting was my favorite wrestler when I watched WCW. No WCW moment topped him beating Hogan at Starrcade. Time to hang up the boots unless he provides a match w/Taker....I could really care less about seeing him on TNA.
    First, I don't see Sting as hogging the spotlight. When he was GM, he was on camera a lot but I was never annoyed with him. Sting has that ability to keep my attention and fits the GM role perfectly because he gives a credible sense to the role, while still playing his character. Hogan became better after his return, but he still is involved in far too many segments of the show, whereas Sting was only involved in the major angle, or if someone was back stage and approached him.

To your point of Stings greatest match, yes Starrcade will probably be the highlight of his career. However, HBK had his highlight years ago but would you prefer to never see him again? The Rock will never out do the highlighted matches he has had, but do you not want to see him back from time to time? Austin will never have a more memorable angle than what he's known for, but would you not mark out to see him as GM? My point is this; these guys are past their prime for sure, but they still serve purpose on the shows. I hope that one day, when AJ chooses to retire, that he fills in that GM position. I think Sting still brings a sense of entertainment with his Joker character and he is one of those people that can cue the crowd to give a reaction when needed. As for the Taker/Sting match... In all honesty, I hope it never happens. 20-0 is perfect for UT to bow out on and Sting would ruin the legacy he has by appearing on a live WWE program. He is infamous in the wrestling world for having become a wrestling star without the backing of WWE and to do it at this stage in his career makes no sense. I'd rather Sting go into the WWE HOF for having never been in WWE, rather than for a one-off that happened a decade after when it should have taken place. My opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone