Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Second Face of The Company?

John Cena, as we all know is currently the face of WWE. If Cena decided to quit WWE tomorrow, there would have to be someone to be the next face of the company immediately. That is way, there is always someone right behind first in charge. There is three superstars, that come to mind Orton, Sheamus and Punk. We always considered Orton to be 2nd in charge but now he has competition. I would say since 2009. Sheamus and Punk become series competitors, in WWE. Punk won his second World Heavy Weight Championship against the highly popular Jeffy Hardy. Randy Orton managed to regain the WWE Championship at Backlash. Sheamus came on the scene and defeated Cena at TLC, for the WWE Championship. They have come a long way.

Who do you consider to be the second face of the WWE?
    A star in the making

Blog Entries
    CM Punk

10 char

Blog Entries
    I'd say there are two main faces. Cena is the face of the majority (the primary audience). Punk is the face of the company for everyone else.

Sheamus, a face Miz, a Built up A-Ry.

CM Punk and Orton are far better as heels.

I think Sheamus or Miz would probably take over.

1st: John Cena
    2nd: Randy Orton
    3rd: CM Punk
    4th: Nobody cares and nobody remebers

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar83 View Post
    1st: John Cena
    2nd: Randy Orton
    3rd: CM Punk
    4th: Nobody cares and nobody remebers
    This. Randy Orton is definitely number 2 because of Punk's relative newness to the main event scene. A loss of momentum from a suspension wont stop that. For a character that has admittedly got boring over the past few years, his pops are top two regularly.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

i would agree Randy Orton , Cm Punk then Sheamus

I think there would be a sorting out period where Punk, Orton, and many others could supply the short term goal of filling in. The problem when you break it down is how suited long term are any of them? Punk chafes at the role as a face, Orton is in the dog house and floundered the last time they tried to push him as top face, and to be honest Sheamus still dose not have the 100% rate on his promos. I could see The Miz from his promo skills but he suffered too much for being second fiddle to Michael Cole as the main heel during his big run. I think a true replacement would have to work their way up through the ranks the same way Cena and the Rock did. The best I can see for that right now is Dolph Ziggler, they love his work effort, he has (like many company faces) started winning over the fans despite being a heel, and he is in the right time frame of experience to build up to it.

Blog Entries
    Definitely Orton, the guy is SD's number 1 face Sheamus is nowhere near. As great as Punk is though, I would say he is stuck in 3rd with maybe Rey in 4th place.

Perhaps a face Bryan would do well, but still not be at the same level as Orton.