Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Life Revised

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Didn't see this coming.
    Yep, you know it. Anything that happens to Punk is creatives fault - everything that happens to Cena is his own doing - of course! Look how stupid we all are!

Check out how he edited this after I challenged him on it.

It's still real to him, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Yep, you know it. Anything that happens to Punk is creatives fault - everything that happens to Cena is his own doing - of course! Look how stupid we all are!

Check out how he edited this after I challenged him on it.

It's still real to him, dammit.
    You mean he didn't put in quantifiable reasons initially??

Awww, I love that innocence.

I thought the whole thing was pretty damn awesome, both men contributed to a fantastic promo and both men came out of it looking great in my opinion. The whole show for me was going very nicely up until The Kings collapse, after that I couldn't really watch with a lot of concentration as I was just hoping he was alright. But this segment really set up NOC incredibly well, for the first time in a few months i'm really looking forward to a WWE Title match!

Edit: I also really appreciated the undertones of the promo, respect and how Punk is desperate to get some from just about anybody. But surely the person in this segment that gained the most respect must have been Cena. To listen to thousands of fans in the crowd chant 'You can't wrestle', not be phased by that and in the end have them cheering for you, that's pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Torphy; 09-11-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Efed stuff that doesn't matter

1 x IWA World Heavyweight Champion - Malcolm Adonis

Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Dean Ambrose

1 x EWNCW Tag Team Champion - Malcolm Adonis w/ Kyojin

Current No 1 Contender to the EWNCW Title - Arthur Lansdale

I lied, it matters.

"Tell me.. what is insane about wanting to create perfection? I'd be crazy not to." - Jarvis Cole

Quote Originally Posted by Torphy View Post
    for the first time in a few months i'm really looking forward to a WWE Title match!
    You mean you you did not like the Punk vs Bryan fued and the matches they had ? But Punk vs Cena will never be as good as Punk vs Bryan so I don't understand how this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    You mean you you did not like the Punk vs Bryan fued and the matches they had ? But Punk vs Cena will never be as good as Punk vs Bryan so I don't understand how this is possible.
    You don't understand how someone can like different matches to the ones you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    You don't understand how someone can like different matches to the ones you prefer?
    Of course I understand. I never say "please think like me. Period". I just can not imagine how a match between Cena & Punk can be better than a Bryan vs Punk, if we talk about in ring performance and entertainement.

Of course I understand. I never say "please think like me. Period". I just can not imagine how a match between Cena & Punk can be better than a Bryan vs Punk, if we talk about in ring performance and entertainement.
    Again some people can have differing views.

I enjoyed the first CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan match for the title at Over the limit, but I never really saw it as a 'game changing' feud, the WWE didn't really acknowledge it enough as something that mattered, it wasn't in the main event, Cena hit the nail on the head last night. I'm afraid the AJ angle ruined the rest of it for me, I just never really saw that as entertaining. The match at Summerslam never caught my imagination either as it had the world's most boring athlete in it.

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan is a purists dream, no doubt, from a wrestling stand point it was the most anticipated feud of the year. CM Punk vs John Cena is for my money a far more entertaining prospect in terms of where the WWE can actually go with this creatively, Daniel Bryan was never gonna beat Punk for the title, was he?
    Last edited by Torphy; 09-11-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Efed stuff that doesn't matter

1 x IWA World Heavyweight Champion - Malcolm Adonis

Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Dean Ambrose

1 x EWNCW Tag Team Champion - Malcolm Adonis w/ Kyojin

Current No 1 Contender to the EWNCW Title - Arthur Lansdale

I lied, it matters.

"Tell me.. what is insane about wanting to create perfection? I'd be crazy not to." - Jarvis Cole

Quote Originally Posted by Torphy View Post
    Daniel Bryan was never gonna beat Punk for the title, was he?
    This was the original plans, yes. But finally, they changed their mind, so Punk is always the champ.

Cena's a great talker, the thing that grates on everyone's nerves is when he's not serious and goes into that sarcastic, high pitched smile-like voice, or when he comes off as non-genuine. I'm sure everyone's eyes were rolling when he first mentioned that Montreal is an honest crowd after they chanted "you can't wrestle", but somehow he turned it around for me and for a lot of people I think. Give me that latter part of Cena any day of the week, not that happy go lucky "nothing bothers me" Cena.