Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Revised

Hybrid View

Life Revised

Going into the final segment of Raw, I have to say that I was pretty tuned out into almost everything that was going on due to the news about the King. Given the circumstances, I was pretty sure that there was nothing that could turn around the somber feeling of the show, but things changed pretty drastically. For all the negative things that I've though about Cena, over the course of this year, I've changed how I felt about him. I used to classify him as Super Cena, boring, unable to wrestle, etc., but that's all changed. He had a, dare I say, classic match with the Rock, he took a legit beating from Brock Lesnar and tonight he delivered one of the most inspiring promos going into a PPV that I've seen in a while.

Punk is no doubt a great talker, but tonight showed me that John Cena may even be a little better. The crowd was against him at the beginning of the segment and this just wasn't any crowd. I respect the Canadian crowd as true wrestling fans for some reason. Maybe it's because of their impact on the Hogan vs Rock WM 18 classic. He was able to get a true wrestling crowd to sway to his side by the intensity, the realness and even the classic Cena homer tactics, which weren't even cheesy tonight. For as much as we bash him, I thought I'd change it up by making a positive Cena thread. I don't know about you guys, but when he pulled down CM Punk's mic and told him that he was going to kick his ass, I got goosebumps. Needless to say, I'm definitely way more interested in the main event of Night of Champions than I was before going into tonight.

I want your guys' thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Bralon23; 09-10-2012 at 10:50 PM.

It is still Cena, a leopard can change its spots but it is still going to be a leopard.
    THE GRIM REAPER OF THE IWC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slivon View Post
    It is still Cena, a leopard can change its spots but it is still going to be a leopard.
    Which means?

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Which means?
    Which means, he always gives this kind of promo before a "big" match. So when ever he does it is like seeing the sun rise, you know it is going to happen at the same time. If that makes sense?
    THE GRIM REAPER OF THE IWC

that promo was so full of holes, I am surprised people thought it was so good.
    Example: Cena says punk has been champ for almost 300 days and has done anything to keep it. WRONG, hes only been a heel since a month ago and even at summerslam he threw cena off big show... its triple threat any1 would of done it.
    He says cm punk just stays by and watches the main event go by because its his fault. No its wwe booking to make money off cena by making him the main attraction. They could have d bryan or kane as champ and cena would be main eventing. Only hhh surpassed cena because hes a bigger draw. Point is it's not punks fault wwe dropped the ball with him last summer. It's overbooking by wwe.
    thats enough to say something right?

I am not surprised however that wwe continues to let cena have more freedom on the mic to bury talent with off-script crap.
    Last edited by #BITW; 09-10-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah. That was a pretty great promo from John Cena and CM Punk as well.

This feud is reaching Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage type levels of awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Blog Entries
    People will try finding fault with it because it's Cena. Like the above comment, which states that it was full of holes, but doesn't bother to elaborate on what those holes were. Now that is full of holes.

Punk is the anti-hero: marks like him because he's cool - a little bit underground and hardcore; the voice of a new generation(see what I did there?). There's a certain section of fandom that believes the person they are is defined by the fact that they like Punk and hate Cena. The pure fact that they are defined by something external means that they will never be even close to being like the actual CM Punk - a man who's true moral compass is defined within himself - not the hero worship of others. If CM Punk was a fan in the stands, I bet he wouldn't be wearing a CM Punk shirt. I don't expect a lot of people to get what I am saying.

Cena's promo was a rip on the CM Punk character - but moreso, the WWE writers. Punk's character has had little to no follow through in any of the things he's done. SES, Nexus, 'Winds of Change' Punk - they have all just kind of petered out. The fans have just as much follow through - 90% of fans get bored and want something new every second week.

Cena needs Punk and Punk needs Cena. Cena is meat and potatoes. Punk is the condiments. Cena will keep wrestling alive. Punk makes wrestling palatable. Like it or not, they're two sides of the same coin.

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    that promo was so full of holes, I am surprised people thought it was so good.
    Example: Cena says punk has been champ for almost 300 days and has done anything to keep it. WRONG, hes only been a heel since a month ago and even at summerslam he threw cena off big show... its triple threat any1 would of done it.
    He says cm punk just stays by and watches the main event go by because its his fault. No its wwe booking to make money off cena by making him the main attraction. They could have d bryan or kane as champ and cena would be main eventing. Only hhh surpassed cena because hes a bigger draw. Point is it's not punks fault wwe dropped the ball with him last summer. It's overbooking by wwe.
    thats enough to say something right?

I am not surprised however that wwe continues to let cena have more freedom on the mic to bury talent with off-script crap.
    Didn't see this coming.

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    I noticed that and I was a little annoyed by it at first as it is complete bullshit. Thinking about it now all I see is the WWE thinking that the fans have short term memories and can only remember Punk's heel turn a month ago and nothing prior to that. They also need to get as much heat as possible on to Punk from the fans.

There are certain things in Cena's promo (which to be fair was pretty good, and by no means am I a Cena fan) that have confirmed what I believed would happen all along. He mentioned that a year ago Punk said he would bring about "change" to the WWE, well Punk was reported to have said at comic-con that the new belt would be appearing soon. My belief was that Punk would retain at Night of Champions probably not cleanly as he is a heel and now linked with Heyman and that the next night on Raw he will introduce the new belt. Cena's promo last night and his previous one when he told Punk, facing me will define your reign as a champion, have me believing this is what will happen.

Also this would fit in quite nicely with the WWE '13 release and tag line "A Revolution is coming!".

Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slivon View Post
    Which means, he always gives this kind of promo before a "big" match. So when ever he does it is like seeing the sun rise, you know it is going to happen at the same time. If that makes sense?
    I get what you mean but he should still get credit for that.