Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Triple H.... Is his time gone???

Don't get me wrong, in his time, he has made a very good name for himself. For what this man lacked in in-ring ability, he made a great name in promos and getting his views and persona across to the public. But for all of this.... This man was in fact a very, VERY bad ring performer. Thankful for injuries we are lucky that we haven't had this man on our screens!!! Kliq aside, this man would probably now be working in a school near you. He fell on his feet and good luck to him. This is a man who single-handly dismantled many a career, not in anyway due to his beloved sledgehammer!!! He has kept many a good man back, but has kept my beloved William Regal on our screens... Triple H needs to go behind the sceens and stay there, that is my view...

Thanks,

Russ

Blog Entries
    Yeah there's no denying that you wouldn't pick HHH's moveset in Create A Wrestler part of Smackdown vs Raw, lol. This is a contentious issue and one well overdue for debate.

No doubt, Hunter is Vince's little puppet son-in-law/employee/tattletale who has manuevered himself into a pretty much solid position in WWE. No doubt, he is part of the 'system', the regime who decides ('Taker/Orton/Cena et al) who moves up, who goes and who stays. No doubt, William Regal is awesome and anyone who stands up for him is ok in my book.

But check it out - if you are looking for diverse, talented in ring performers - you won't find HHH among that group. But neither will you find people like Cena, 'Taker, Orton, Kane, Goldberg, Hogan or Nash there either. These particular performers (and I'm sure there's more) bought something else to the table - be it great mic and promo skills or be it an overall sense of menace and domination - WHATEVER - they all married their limited physical ability to one or more other skills. Like Cena; great on the mic, always works the crowd and yet still hated more than he ever was as a heel. Lmao. Kane; formerly silent and scary, now psycho bustin' the mic as World Heavyweight Champion. Hogan; what needs to be said there? It's all been said before. Even Rey Mysterio matches have become almost like watching Hogan's Hulk-Up/Punches/Clothesline/Legdrop routine-that-never-changes.

I'd be happy for HHH to work behind the scenes. One or two more injuries may put him there, but just as likely the missus will lay down the law first, lol. Once he's not competing, who knows, maybe he'll be a little more fair backstage. But I think he's got a way to go yet and I don't think his ego would let him step aside just yet.

Thanks Rob, some good thoughts there. I'm my mind, there are only 2 people who deserve more title runs than Triple-H.... That is Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. This "status" he is trying to impose on himself is very lack-lustre and very undeserving.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    HHH is not done. However, I do agree that most of the older guys' stuff is easily called on how they are going to perform. It's a formal though, the crowd wants to see the pedigree, 619, tombstone, etc. They want the setups and that's usually when the biggest pops come.
    Ariba!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggy View Post
    Thanks Rob, some good thoughts there. I'm my mind, there are only 2 people who deserve more title runs than Triple-H.... That is Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. This "status" he is trying to impose on himself is very lack-lustre and very undeserving.
    You Must be a big mark if you think Triple H deserves all those title runs.

i agree abuot Hogan and Flair, but tbh, his gotting those shots of you know what reason. i can name you soo many wrestlers who deserve more then him.

but to you orginal post, his getting old, he wont be able do long matches unless others make the work easy for him, and i too belive he should atleast now stick to the backroom.

Blog Entries
    Triple H is/was World Champion Material, but 13 World Championships are far too many title runs that suggests that the WWE changes the title too often and too often does it go to Trips. I don't think it's time for him to retire yet, and I'd rather see him put over than Cena, but he's just another guy in the WWE who needs to learn to put over people, preferably those who don't kiss ass to get it (Sheamus).

Blog Entries
    I'm sure Steph wants to keep him in the "frontroom" lol.

no defo not the fact he gets more cheers or boo's than 95% of other performers says it all. would like to see him and taker start putting over more people would be a good thing and make good tv i remember the HHH n jeff hardy feud and i think it helped jeff alot

Fresh Member
    The Wilds of the Desert Wasteland of the Biggest Ghetto in Parts Unknown
    This sentence:

"This man was in fact a very, VERY bad ring performer."

...made me not even want to bother reading the rest of this post.

Can you tell me what makes him a "bad" ring performer? What could you possibly know about it besides what you're told to believe?

Blog Entries
    ^^ Exactly. I kept reading these posts thinking to myself, why do these people consider H to be a bad wrestler? Guy was/still is better than most anything they have now. I'd put HHH over anyone in the "pure wrestling" category, as rated by the IWC. I mean, sure - Kofi, Bourne, etc can wrestle, but they aren't The Game.

So I'm a mark for thinking HHH is a top wrestler? Pfft...you don't know what you're talking about. You can't lace his jock and you're saying he's a bad wrestler.

I continued reading for entertainment. I for one hope H comes back better than ever and runs roughshot over the roster. Him vs Sheamus would be a money match, IMO.