Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Should Christian Be in WWE or TNA?

In my free time, i went to watch some old Christian stuff. It really got me wondering if Christian should be in WWE any longer. I mean, they don't treat him as good as he should be treated. In WWE, he is just a temporary IC Champ. In TNA, he was a World Champion, and considered one of the greats in that company (hell, he was plain BETTER in TNA).

What do you guys think?

Yikes, I know I'm going to get hammered but I'm honest about my observations and yrs of wrestling knowledge, since the 70s.

Here we go...I never liked Christian as a singles wrestler in the WWE. He is cursed with the "Owen" syndrome. All the skills in the world, but just not as entertaining as his legendary counterpart, which is Edge. Unfortunately there's always going to be that direct comparison in the WWE. Just like Owen to Bret and Eddie to Chavo.

He should be in TNA as far away from The Rated R Superstar as possible.

Sorry, just my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Yikes, I know I'm going to get hammered but I'm honest about my observations and yrs of wrestling knowledge, since the 70s.

Here we go...I never liked Christian as a singles wrestler in the WWE. He is cursed with the "Owen" syndrome. All the skills in the world, but just not as entertaining as his legendary counterpart, which is Edge. Unfortunately there's always going to be that direct comparison in the WWE. Just like Owen to Bret and Eddie to Chavo.

Sorry, just my opinion.
    I'll say this. Your opinion was great. And you made a great point which i should have STRESSED. He shouldnt be so attached to Edge. His career would have been better in TNA. You are 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post

Sorry, just my opinion.
    Honestly, I couldn't have said this any better. You're absolutely right. TNA is really where he should be. He had a nice return to WWE a few years ago, but honestly, he should really close it out down in Orlando.

Honestly, Christian sucks in the WWE. He had the limelight for some time but that ended quickly. He was a champion in TNA so his choice is obvious. In Christian's case, it's better to be champion in the #2 company than a jobber in the #1 company.
    I want to know who looked at David Otunga and said "You know something? This guy's good." They deserve to be fired.

in case nobody knows, Christian has said he doesn't want anything to do with TNA and can you blame him.

Blog Entries
    You're making the huge assumption that they'd use him right in TNA. Things aren't the same as when he was there previously.

Quote Originally Posted by kcg87 View Post
    in case nobody knows, Christian has said he doesn't want anything to do with TNA and can you blame him.
    ...I don't recall Christian ever saying this. As far as I understood, his departure came down to $$$ and him wanting to save enough of it. Can I blame him for not wanting to be a part of a company that gave him a world title and is presenting a better wrestling program than WWE? I guess no, huh?

Blog Entries
    You can't blame him for wanting to get paid. That's what I think anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You can't blame him for wanting to get paid. That's what I think anyway.
    Money wise, you guys are definitely right. But career wise? Better in TNA.