Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Wade Barrett Return

    I am relieved Wade Barrett has finally returned, with not only a great new entrance, but a more hard hitting style. I feel Wade Barrett this year will indeed be World Heavyweight Champion and I feel this style will have people take him more seriously. His finisher looks downright brutal (though I wouldn't have minded if they gave it to Kassius Ohno) and thank god he didn't use his god awful Wasteland, and now he has even added a beard to his appearance (all great world champions have beards) I am most support greatness is in the bare knuckled fighters future.

    Thoughts on his return, and where he is heading?

  2. #2
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,311


    Barrett will be such a big threat and a successful heel. Glad to see him back.



  3. #3
    I did not like his return match. I don't know if that's on Barrett or Tatsu... sometimes two guys just don't have chemistry together. I thought it was downright awful to be honest. His knee strikes on Tatsu when he had him between the ropes were so soft and I believe the first one went nowhere near the chest. The match was fairly slow paced and it made me appreciate Randy Orton a little more because Orton knows how to work a slower pace. Orton's slick, Barrett wasn't as polished.

    If he's going to be a striker, the strikes have to look like they connect and they have to look like they hurt, and this is where his partner comes in.

  4. #4
    The Trinity Torphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    I did not like his return match. I don't know if that's on Barrett or Tatsu... sometimes two guys just don't have chemistry together. I thought it was downright awful to be honest. His knee strikes on Tatsu when he had him between the ropes were so soft and I believe the first one went nowhere near the chest. The match was fairly slow paced and it made me appreciate Randy Orton a little more because Orton knows how to work a slower pace. Orton's slick, Barrett wasn't as polished.

    If he's going to be a striker, the strikes have to look like they connect and they have to look like they hurt, and this is where his partner comes in.
    I noticed the same in all honesty, the match was a little sloppy and I would either put that down to ring rust on Barrett's behalf, or some almost blatant no-selling from Yoshi. Watch the strikes Barrett delivers to the rib cage of Tatsu, he doesn't even flinch, complete no sell.

    The finisher looked like it could hurt though, big fan of that.
     
    Efed stuff that doesn't matter

    1 x IWA World Heavyweight Champion - Malcolm Adonis

    Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Dean Ambrose

    1 x EWNCW Tag Team Champion - Malcolm Adonis w/ Kyojin

    Current No 1 Contender to the EWNCW Title - Arthur Lansdale

    I lied, it matters.




    "Tell me.. what is insane about wanting to create perfection? I'd be crazy not to." - Jarvis Cole

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Torphy View Post
    I noticed the same in all honesty, the match was a little sloppy and I would either put that down to ring rust on Barrett's behalf, or some almost blatant no-selling from Yoshi. Watch the strikes Barrett delivers to the rib cage of Tatsu, he doesn't even flinch, complete no sell.

    The finisher looked like it could hurt though, big fan of that.


    I think it was ring rust and agree with tatsu no selling hated the finish though. I understand it fits with this street fight gimmick he now seems to have but they got kassius ohno who is a striker and makes them look like they hurt in nxt imo he is ready to be brought up so he needs a new finish ive always thought he should use a submission as a finish like a rear naked choke with a one arm full nelson. and i got the vibe from the promo after the match he is gonna be some kind of hired goon??

  6. #6
    I've always been a fan of Barrett and he's world champion material for sure. Supposedly he was penciled in to win MITB this past year but got injured and those plans changed. I see him eventually getting his hands on the World Title, most likely next year though.

  7. #7
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,269
    Blog Entries
    14
    What a plain return.

  8. #8
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,255
    Good to see him back looking forward to what he does now. Come on Stu Sanders!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    I've always been a fan of Barrett and he's world champion material for sure. Supposedly he was penciled in to win MITB this past year but got injured and those plans changed. I see him eventually getting his hands on the World Title, most likely next year though.
    Most likely fake and anyway Wade doesn't need a MITB, hes big so he could take Sheamus in a match someone like Cody could do better with the MITB next year.

  10. #10
    God scribbler_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Land of the Red Clay, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,823
    Blog Entries
    10
    Personally, I was very pleased with Barrett's return. I think they did a good job repackaging him (though I miss the blue rose lol) and his ring gear matches him - very simple black with white fist tape. I wasn't too thrilled with the way the match went - though I like Yoshi, I think he could have sold a little better. Plus, I would have liked to have seen a little more from Barrett. What he did was okay in my book, but I wanted to see maybe a couple more moves from him. For an appetizer, it was a good match IMO. Can't wait to see what he does to Seamus. Or Orton. Or (dare I dream it?) Cena.

    Welcome back, Wade!


    The Star Signs
    IWA - JBW - TWE - BITW

    Sagittarius Blue - 1st Ever JBW United States Champion

    #WhereIsPiscesPink

    WWE Fed...
    Kharma/Awesome Kong
    Lei'D Tapa, The Queen of the Rings
    Kenny King, The Prettyboy Pitbull


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.