Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71
  1. #21
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,477
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    How is anything a Miracle if it's of science?

    miracle/ˈmirikəl/


    1. A surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a...: "the miracle of rising from the grave"
    2. A highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment that brings very welcome consequences.
    is it possible that science solves the questions of miracles we just happen to not know all the science laws? thus either making this definition too explicit or the word miracle is always questionable.
    #BeJelly


  2. #22
    The Trinity Dr. Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Where I'm at.
    Posts
    3,069
    Blog Entries
    14
    Accidents/circumstances and unknown scientific laws is a poor argument for the belief in nothing especially in terms of miracles.


    UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

  3. #23
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,477
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    Accidents/circumstances and unknown scientific laws is a poor argument for the belief in nothing especially in terms of miracles.
    if you can't prove it's not a unknown science law then according to your definition you can't say anything is a miracle with absolute certainty trust me I have spent way to much time arguing definitions... that definition is way too explicit
    #BeJelly


  4. #24
    The Trinity Dr. Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Where I'm at.
    Posts
    3,069
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    if you can't prove it's not a unknown science law then according to your definition you can't say anything is a miracle with absolute certainty trust me I have spent way to much time arguing definitions... that definition is way too explicit
    I can prove that science has unknown laws - if the scientists don't know them, then they are unknown.

    I'm not trying to push my beliefs onto anyone. I just said that the belief in nothing is a terrible thing. Everyone has to believe in something, even if it's in gravity.


    UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

  5. #25
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,477
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    I can prove that science has unknown laws - if the scientists don't know them, then they are unknown.

    I'm not trying to push my beliefs onto anyone. I just said that the belief in nothing is a terrible thing. Everyone has to believe in something, even if it's in gravity.
    since we don't know them doesn't mean they don't apply. so would you say before we found out that gravity exists it would be ok to say its a miracle that we are not floating?
    #BeJelly


  6. #26
    The Trinity Dr. Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Where I'm at.
    Posts
    3,069
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    since we don't know them doesn't mean they don't apply. so would you say before we found out that gravity exists it would be ok to say its a miracle that we are not floating?
    Well that depends on how heavy you are and how strong the wind is blowing.


    UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

  7. #27
    The Trinity Amerinaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Joplin Strong
    Posts
    3,266
    Blog Entries
    13
    OK, this has gotten a great discussion going, but I'd like to point out that Nothing is still a thing. Therefore, I can believe in nothing. I believe other things besides nothing exist. Like ponies. Atoms. Stars. Even Heavenly bodies.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!





  8. #28
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,477
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    Well that depends on how heavy you are and how strong the wind is blowing.
    I mean if we didn't know that gravity existed we should think that it's a miracle we are all on the ground and not floating haha but good joke
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    OK, this has gotten a great discussion going, but I'd like to point out that Nothing is still a thing. Therefore, I can believe in nothing. I believe other things besides nothing exist. Like ponies. Atoms. Stars. Even Heavenly bodies.
    just in curiosity you don't have to say but what's your religion if you don't want to post it for the public you could pm me
    #BeJelly


  9. #29
    The Trinity Amerinaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Joplin Strong
    Posts
    3,266
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I mean if we didn't know that gravity existed we should think that it's a miracle we are all on the ground and not floating haha but good joke

    just in curiosity you don't have to say but what's your religion if you don't want to post it for the public you could pm me
    I'm not religious. I've stated very often that I am Agnostic.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!





  10. #30
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    If there's life out there, they sure as hell can't be smarter than us. Who the hell travels millions of light years just to poke through a hillbilly's asshole?
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.