Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I don't mean to be a jerk but if you believe all of these characters are terrible why watch the wwe. Cm Punk is one of the most original characters in the wwe right now and in comparison to others I doubt you could ever call him vanilla. heyman is gold on the mic and so is punk what bad can come from this pairing?
    You're not being a jerk. It's a fair question. The thing is, I don't watch WWE anymore. I stopped after Raw 1000 because they've disappointed for far too long. But look at what you wrote. CM Punk is one of the most original characters in WWE, "Right Now". And unfortunately, that's just not saying a whole lot. And I disagree with Paul Heyman. He USED to be PRETTY GOOD on the mic. I never considered him gold except in the real ECW. Now, he's just loud and annoying, and honestly, quite disturbing to look at with this overly flabby face and bloated body. He really should have just left well enough alone and stayed retired, or actually helped make Extreme Reunion somewhat of a success.

    And if Punk is so great, why do they need to bring in Heyman in an attempt to elevate him? That answer is simple. Because he is basically bland and will never be a draw. That's why he took a backseat to Cena in all the PPVs? Not because WWE had this genius storyline to create a heel Punk. But because nobody will buy PPVs for Punk. They buy them for Cena. It's a fact. I'm a Punk fan. I'm not a Cena fan. But this is the reality of it all. There is one star in WWE. Sheamus is becoming one but I can't see him reaching the heights of Cena. Everyone else is just pretty much there. Entertaining? Sure, in some ways. I hear the Anger Management segments were funny. But ultimately, is there anyone besides Cena who can carry this company? No. When Cena goes away, the numbers, which already have dwindled and spriraled down consistently over the last several years, will fall even further.

    Everyone has their opinion. You like WWE today, with CM Punk and all that, and that's great. I'm glad you like it. I come from a time when wrestling was about 5000 times better. So I just don't like what WWE has become today. And my feelings are that Punk and Ziggles, and all the other "Top Stars" of today, aren't qualified to scrub the jock straps of Rock, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, HHH, Bret Hart, etc. or even the next tier guys like Angle, Edge, Benoit or Guerrero. In my opinion, today's crop is just sad in comparison.
    Last edited by DK Wrestling Savior; 09-05-2012 at 08:03 AM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    I'm with you. Calling Punk vanilla is probably the stupidest comment I've read on here. He is by far the most original character in the WWE today. To me Cena is the most vanilla wrestler and I hope he doesn't win and NOC and that Punk retains cleanly.
    Come on dude, get real. Do you actually think Punk will ever have a chance at winning cleanly over Cena? Punk is the backseat boy to Cena. Always will be. I know you hate it and that stupid Ronald McDonald guy does too. But facts are facts. Come into the reality. Cena is TOP DOG, and Punk is SECOND PUPPY.

  3. #43
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    14,884
    This place is hilarious.

  4. #44
    The Trinity Amerinaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Joplin Strong
    Posts
    3,266
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    This place is hilarious.
    I agree at this point. Apparently I'm on the short bus because I made sense.


    @ DK: The actual wrestling is MUCH better than it was "5000 years ago". I've been watching the same wrestling as you and probably more. I won't say everything about the current product is good. However, I will say that Punk would be an upper mid-card even in the Attitude Era. He compares to Bret Harts ability and Stone Cold's mouth. He is easily the most original thing to happen to the WWE since the Cena Rapper heel. (Hard to believe Cena was a heel when he started.). Cena is the draw for the younger fans. Wrestling fans buy the PPV's for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan before they buy it for Cena now.

    Punk doesn't need to have Heyman, but what does it hurt. He is just as good a mouth as Punk. The only thing I guess I agree with you with, is Heyman looks old and unfit. But He always looked unfit.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!





  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Come on dude, get real. Do you actually think Punk will ever have a chance at winning cleanly over Cena? Punk is the backseat boy to Cena. Always will be. I know you hate it and that stupid Ronald McDonald guy does too. But facts are facts. Come into the reality. Cena is TOP DOG, and Punk is SECOND PUPPY.
    Believe me I know that Vince considers Cena the top dog, but I want Punk to win cleanly over Cena. I also know that a clean win is unlikely but I would like to see it all the same.


  6. #46
    The Trinity Amerinaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Joplin Strong
    Posts
    3,266
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    Believe me I know that Vince considers Cena the top dog, but I want Punk to win cleanly over Cena. I also know that a clean win is unlikely but I would like to see it all the same.
    At least he never called you stupid.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!





  7. #47
    [QUOTE=Amerinaine;623330He compares to Bret Harts ability and Stone Cold's mouth.[/QUOTE]

    Are you actually serious about this comment? You can't be. It has to be a joke.

  8. #48
    The Trinity Amerinaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Joplin Strong
    Posts
    3,266
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Are you actually serious about this comment? You can't be. It has to be a joke.
    If you feel like you're in the minority.....go with the feeling. I'm at least not throwing names at you. I bet you stopped when you got to that point to make your comment. I said "compares to" Not "better than" When I choose my words, I choose them wisely. I don't just say something randomly than have to go back and correct them later.
    Last edited by Amerinaine; 09-05-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!





  9. #49
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,914
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Are you actually serious about this comment? You can't be. It has to be a joke.
    I would agree more with the stone cold comment then the brett comment but cm punk is a great wrestler as well. though I would say daniel bryan is comparable to brett as far as in ring ability... and the mic skills of an upper mid carder during the attitude era... and I think he is right about punk I think punk about the point that he could of been an upper mid carder, I would go as far as he could of been a main eventer during that era... he is a much better wrestler than scsa
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

  10. #50
    The Trinity Amerinaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Joplin Strong
    Posts
    3,266
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I would agree more with the stone cold comment then the brett comment but cm punk is a great wrestler as well. though I would say daniel bryan is comparable to brett as far as in ring ability... and the mic skills of an upper mid carder during the attitude era... and I think he is right about punk I think punk about the point that he could of been an upper mid carder, I would go as far as he could of been a main eventer during that era... he is a much better wrestler than scsa
    Thank you for reading the whole damn thing. I don't expect people to agree with my comparisons, but I expect intelligence in arguing it.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.