Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK View Post
    Ok I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just way too many mistakes and i understand that this is a wrestling forum for the majority and a lot don't know much about the NFL. But for starters Adrian Peterson isn't even able to play right now, he Is still recovering from injury and even when he comes back he won't be but a 10-15 top back if he is lucky. Jones-Drew isn't even playing week 1... well he will get 5-10 carries. Micheal Turner? Really? This isn't 2007 he is maybe a top 15-20 RB. You left out the 3rd best running back in Le Shawn McCoy. I could name a few more but i won't. As far as QB's you left out Mathew Stafford who is only the 3rd or 4th Passing yards leader in NFL history and you put Matt Ryan as a choice lol. Also their is Eli who threw for a lil under 5k yards. Could name a few more but i won't and i will not even get into you putting Rivers up their. Why not just leave the names out and just have it most rushing and passing yards as it could be any1 on any week. A lot more i could really get into but i won't. Just remember I did say, I understand not every1 who enters knows a whole lot about football. I'm just saying that If you are going to do a NFL prediction contest, just do it right is all. Rant over. let the hate begin.
    The only thing I'll give you is Peterson. I'll null that out. Everything else is valid. Turner is playing the Chiefs. So he is a legit yardage guy this week. Stafford plays the Rams. This gives him the best odds and anyone else who plays the rams a chance to be a yardage guy. Same thing could be said for Matt Ryan, save the Chiefs secondary is pretty good.

I will say, mistakes will be made. However, technically...only Peterson is a true mistake. Everything else is kind of opinionated.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    The only thing I'll give you is Peterson. I'll null that out. Everything else is valid. Turner is playing the Chiefs. So he is a legit yardage guy this week. Stafford plays the Rams. This gives him the best odds and anyone else who plays the rams a chance to be a yardage guy. Same thing could be said for Matt Ryan, save the Chiefs secondary is pretty good.

I will say, mistakes will be made. However, technically...only Peterson is a true mistake. Everything else is kind of opinionated.
    A lot of your comment was subjective to the person who was making the argument. Probably should have been in the NFL/NCAA Live discussion thread.

No MJD isn't starting like i said he will get 5-10 carries if that he has been in the holdout and the Chiefs D is a top D. They shutdown alot of teams.

Blog Entries
    No MJD isn't starting like i said he will get 5-10 carries if that he has been in the holdout and the Chiefs D is a top D. They shutdown alot of teams.
    Please find another place to actually talk non-prediction NFL talk. This is where you post your prediction stuff. Not discuss.

I am talking about the prediction, while not making any. I am talking about how badly it is set up, where is Brock his was so much easier, this is crazy, any1 on any week can have the most yards and you should have done a receiving one if your going to do a throwing and running. Been a lot better if you could just pick any player, instead of putting a select few, some of whom are either past their prime or not even in the top 5 in their position. Just saying if you are going to do something at least do it right is all.

Blog Entries
    I am talking about the prediction, while not making any. I am talking about how badly it is set up, where is Brock his was so much easier, this is crazy, any1 on any week can have the most yards and you should have done a receiving one if your going to do a throwing and running. Been a lot better if you could just pick any player, instead of putting a select few, some of whom are either past their prime or not even in the top 5 in their position. Just saying if you are going to do something at least do it right is all.
    Sorry but Brocs needed a points system.

Amazingly, any 1 team could beat any team any week. It's just a multiple choice question. I'm only picking MJD out of shiggles and you should stop taking something fun so serious.

Just saying if you not happy with the rules, don't enter.

Blog Entries
    Each correct pick is worth 2 Points. (Ties are possible, so you can select that too.)

Game of the Week is worth 4 points.

Wed, Sept 5th:

NY Giants

Sun, Sept 9th:

Chicago Bears

Philadelphia Eagles

New England Patriots

Atlanta Falcons

Minnesota Vikings

New Orleans Saints

NY Jets

Detroit Lions

Houston Texans

Green Bay Packers 24-17(Worth 4 Pts)(Bonus 10 Points for Correct Final Score)

Seattle Seahawks

Carolina Panthers

Pittsburgh Steelers

Mon, Sept 10:

Baltimore Ravens

San Diego Chargers

Bonus Questions:

Who will have the most Passing Yards? (Worth 3 Points.)

Tom Brady

Who will have the most Rushing Yards? (Worth 3 Points.)

Arian Foster

Which Team will score the most points? (Worth 5 Points.)(Pick only one team. You will get the points even if multiple teams are tied.)
    new england patriots
    Which Team will score the lesser points? (Worth 5 Points.)(Pick only one team. You will get the points even if multiple teams are tied.)
    bengals
    Will there be a Tie Game? (Worth 4 Points.)

No

If someone has suggestions for Bonus questions for future NFL Prediction Contests, PM me.

#TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    I corrected the one true mistake I made. I thank you for bringing the Adrian Peterson thing to the front. However, in a NFL season, anything can happen. I like to think it isn't as bad as you make it out to be. I put up 5 names per /g category. This is so I can have different players when the question comes around again, with little repeats. IE: So, you could expect more QB's than the "top" QB's according to you. (Granted, I had to off one on the RB area) in two categories. I'm doing a rotation of 5 bonus questions per week. It might not be your cup of tea, but I didn't do the last prediction contest because I thought it was run wrong. I didn't go on the prediction contest and clutter it up with my complaining. Definitely not before the season even started and the first one I've even tried to run. I'm gonna make mistakes on my first try. I hope to get the bugs worked out quicker than the Replacement Refs.

This whole thing could have been discussed in the NFL thread or PM'd to me. I like to think that as hard headed as I am, I do take things quite seriously when I have to. I am very serious about Football. I live for this stuff. I'm not gonna be perfect no matter how intense I am about it.

Blog Entries
    NEEDS LOCKED PLEASE!!!! a

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    NEEDS LOCKED PLEASE!!!! a
    Mods don't really come into the Sports section that much so probably best to PM 1 to lock it