Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I guess it doesn't take much to make an impact in the WWE.

I just realized that Sheamus' reign as WWE World Heavyweight Champion currently stands at 153 days.
    The 4th longest reign for the title.
    Two days from now, he will have the 3rd longest reign for the World Championship (Kane with 154 days is currently at number three). Triple H holds the number two place with 280 days, and Batista has the longest reign ever with 282 days.

Blog Entries
    I don't understand the correlation between the title of this post and the content of the first post. can someone please explain?
    #TeamGeeky

Yeah I agree.. sorry man, I'm really not sure what point you are trying too make here.

Would you like too further explain?

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Yeah I agree.. sorry man, I'm really not sure what point you are trying too make here.

Would you like too further explain?

I think what he is saying is that you can have a lackluster title run and still place in the top 5 of longest title reigns. I don't want to put words in the guy’s mouth, but that's the way I took it, even if I don't agree with what he was saying. I don't think that Sheamus' run has been the best WHC reign I can remember, but I do think it's been better than several others and I think that all he really needs to make it worlds better is a substantial feud that people care about. The Del Rio battle was entertaining, but I don't think many people actually became fully involved with the feud. This isn't the wrestlers fault in my opinion, but rather the lack of a good storyline to make us truly care. The most interesting thing between the two was when Sheamus stole his car, and of course RR being entertaining as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I think what he is saying is that you can have a lackluster title run and still place in the top 5 of longest title reigns. I don't want to put words in the guy’s mouth, but that's the way I took it, even if I don't agree with what he was saying. I don't think that Sheamus' run has been the best WHC reign I can remember, but I do think it's been better than several others and I think that all he really needs to make it worlds better is a substantial feud that people care about. The Del Rio battle was entertaining, but I don't think many people actually became fully involved with the feud. This isn't the wrestlers fault in my opinion, but rather the lack of a good storyline to make us truly care. The most interesting thing between the two was when Sheamus stole his car, and of course RR being entertaining as hell.
    In that case.. I agree Sheamus's title reign has not been great, But I'm not a fan of face Sheamus, so someone who is.. might have loved it, I'm still not so sure what point he was trying too make though.. Is he trying too say Sheamus does not deserve too have that reign? because again that would be a matter of opinion.. But too say it does not take much too make an impact.. well Sheamus won titles, the King Of The Ring and Royal Rumble before this title reign.. I would disagree that it does not take much too make an impact as from what I here.. Sheamus is a workhorse behind the scenes and though I'm not a fan of face Sheamus.. I think he's earned it for everything he has done, at one point he was made too look silly wearing some robe and crown and was being underused because one of the Raw creative didn't like him I believe.. Yet he rode the storm and came out of the other side which is not easy.. I think he's earned the "Impact" he has made personally but just my opinion.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    well smackdown only had one main event heel for most of his reign. One could make an argument for ziggler being a main event heel after MITB but you can't have him feud with sheamus at this point because he has the easy title victory(assuming they don't screw him over) and the biggest name of the show got suspended for ninety days during the middle of his reign so they couldn't turn randy orton into a tweener like figure to make sheamus a little more exciting as champion so I totally agree with your premise that it's a booking issue not sheamus. sheamus and del rio put on good match ups, match ups that I actually have a hard time calling so even with terrible circumstances sheamus has made something out of nothing.
    #TeamGeeky

A case can be made for Sheamus & Batista on this matter of "not taking much." Batista was a lackey bodyguard for two and a half years without having a "real singles run"; then outta the blue, while he is still Evolution's lackey bodyguard without a "real singles run", WWE decides to have him win the Royal Rumble match. It wasn't a credible push to the main event impact at all. All Sheamus did was beat up low mid carders and low low carders and non-wrestlers for 6 months, then WWE decides he can already go up to the top, shooting past all the ones higher than low mid card. Another non-credible push to the main event impact.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanb1306 View Post
    I just realized that Sheamus' reign as WWE World Heavyweight Champion currently stands at 153 days.
    The 4th longest reign for the title.
    Two days from now, he will have the 3rd longest reign for the World Championship (Kane with 154 days is currently at number three). Triple H holds the number two place with 280 days, and Batista has the longest reign ever with 282 days.
    I'm a little confused I guess. A few weeks ago on Raw when JBL was helping on the commentary, Michael Cole kept saying that JBL was the longest running champion on Smackdown. I know that he only had one title reign too. Was that during the time when the WWE championship was on Smackdown?
    By His scars, we are healed.

Blog Entries
    I too am bemused as to how the title relates to the OP.

If it's as Darkside says though, then yeah, that's a fair point.
    The WHC is a fairly young title since WWE doesn't recognize the records from WCW. So any long reign is going to be up at the top.

I've actually enjoyed Sheamus' run with it. We've seen some good matches (the best of 3 falls vs Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules is one of the best matches of the year IMO), and Sheamus has now solidified himself as a main event star for WWE for the next few years. I think Sheamus is set to retain the title through a couple more ppv's yet, since I don't see a clear candidate to take it from him at this point. I think once Barrett gets himself back to the top, then he could be the one to take it from him.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    I think Sheamus has had a pretty decent title run, he's suffered from lack of competition and the continuing lack of interest WWE seems to have in Smackdown, but Sheamus has done what he needs to to have a good reign, he's had some good feuds with ADR (Although that did drag on a bit) and D-Bry. It's no surprise that Sheamus has had a long title run, he was just champion when Triple H said that "Title reigns will be longer so the championships really mean something". I think the only real candidates to take that title from him are Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett.
    THIS MAN IS GOING TO BE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ONE DAY...