Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NWA Wrestling

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    Maybe. Though the only time Colt as champ would have worked was after Punk's pipebomb. And they did nothing!
    Sad thing was it was like a flash in the pan.... Although him and Pearce did have one of the best feuds on the Indy circuit..
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

20 Man Rumble
    Winner secures future NWA North American Heavyweight Title match

NWA Lone Star Heavyweight Title Match
    Steve Anthony v Scot Summers (Champion)

Giants Collide

"Notorious" Shane Taylor v "Godzilla" Jax Dane

Ray "Death" Rowe v "Cowboy" James Claxton

Friends Battle
    Hambone, who's NWA contract is now owned by Prince Kanu, will face his tag team partner, Chaz Taylor.

"The Texas Lion" Houston Carson v "Golden Boy" Greg Anthony

"Lover Boy" Matt Riviera v "Mad Dog" Ken Johnson

A Special Edition of "Hotel Riviera" co-hosted by The Empire's "Lover Boy" Matt Riviera and "Golden Boy" Greg Anthony

ken johnson is still wrestling? that guy has to be in his 70s. in the tx scene, it may just be me but i find rowe to be a bit overrated. he has a look but i find him boring to watch. even watching him on tv on roh, he still shows he isnt worth watching and i find claxton to be one of the most dullest wrestlers ever. every match of his was the same thing over and over..clothesline, back body drop and body slam.

i seen jax twice, he's a hard hitter but didnt leave an impression on me and i believe i seen scot once. i don't know how they are elsewhere but i find wrestling here, has wrestlers cut back or limiting very moves.

Nwa seem to be the hottest they have been in years...
    you cannot be serious...?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestarpunk View Post
    ken johnson is still wrestling? that guy has to be in his 70s. in the tx scene, it may just be me but i find rowe to be a bit overrated. he has a look but i find him boring to watch. even watching him on tv on roh, he still shows he isnt worth watching and i find claxton to be one of the most dullest wrestlers ever. every match of his was the same thing over and over..clothesline, back body drop and body slam.

i seen jax twice, he's a hard hitter but didnt leave an impression on me and i believe i seen scot once. i don't know how they are elsewhere but i find wrestling here, has wrestlers cut back or limiting very moves.

you cannot be serious...?
    Have ya looked at some of the guys who the NWA have had at their shows??? Working with New Japan, AJ Styles have done 2 or 3 shows, and suppose to be in the NWA Mid-Atlantic tournament... Then there are the guys like Chase Owens and Jason Kincaid and Damien Wayne and can't forget Lance Hoyt and DH Smith and many more who are great all around wrestlers... the NWA talent pool is spread throughout the world...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!

i know the talent that is in nwa however i don't know every wrestling company under nwa.

how well did that go working with new japan? I didn't even know there was a cross over until jushin liger was being advertise for the nwa/bow show. you know whats sad? the same amount of people attend the show, just as much as when dreamer did an appearance.

doing 2 or 3 shows doesn't mean anything, its just an appearance, just like when rd evens went to ipw or hero..or when Hernandez does rcw shows or sanada does rcw shows. you know who has good talent? 2cw. seriously, go check out their shows. they put on good wrestling shows and they have the best indy talent that make appearances.

chase owens is good, i'd give you that.

Blog Entries
    i know the talent that is in nwa however i don't know every wrestling company under nwa.

how well did that go working with new japan? I didn't even know there was a cross over until jushin liger was being advertise for the nwa/bow show. you know whats sad? the same amount of people attend the show, just as much as when dreamer did an appearance.

doing 2 or 3 shows doesn't mean anything, its just an appearance, just like when rd evens went to ipw or hero..or when Hernandez does rcw shows or sanada does rcw shows. you know who has good talent? 2cw. seriously, go check out their shows. they put on good wrestling shows and they have the best indy talent that make appearances.

chase owens is good, i'd give you that.
    They have done several shows since last October and before that with New Japan... and still is where as the tag champions are still Tenzan and Kojima.... the tag divison for the most part of the last 2 years have been around Japan..

Well anyway they run these shows... some have good turnouts some well other then good... All depending on the territory and promoter... Big thing about Texas as you and DSRG have said there are several promotions banner, some runs once a month, some runs 3 or 4 shows a month.. Some places like Houston and Dallas and San Antino use to and probably still is a major wrestling hub... maybe some promotions should co-promote together??

Anyway my point is the NWA got a large talent pool, maybe some of them are best un-seen wrestlers outside of WWE, TNA and ROH, then maybe some aren't??

there may be focus in japan, but not here. what do they call themselves? iron godz? jax and conway...does japan even care about them? I don't know where anywhere here they are cared about. I mean, maybe they do have fans but I don't think they are drawing but the locals who may just go enjoy a local event that is happening in town.

concerning that its the nwa, yes they have to co-promote. this is how it was done in the 70s. send wrestlers here and there. bow may once in awhile bring in a special attraction, but its still run like any local promotion there is.

if its under nwa, they shouldn't promote it with some honor being under the banner? but its not, so not many care. maybe a handful like you.

Blog Entries
    there may be focus in japan, but not here. what do they call themselves? iron godz? jax and conway...does japan even care about them? I don't know where anywhere here they are cared about. I mean, maybe they do have fans but I don't think they are drawing but the locals who may just go enjoy a local event that is happening in town.

concerning that its the nwa, yes they have to co-promote. this is how it was done in the 70s. send wrestlers here and there. bow may once in awhile bring in a special attraction, but its still run like any local promotion there is.

if its under nwa, they shouldn't promote it with some honor being under the banner? but its not, so not many care. maybe a handful like you.
    NWA fans are few and far between.....

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only NWA promotion (other than TNA) that I ever followed was NWA: Wildside. That place was the shit.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You can choke on a big bag of dicks, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Kash, you sexy motherfucker!

#FreeBodom