Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite heel. Past and present.

Now I don't feel that it's too forward of me to say that heels are the most fun characters in pro wrestling. A lot of pro wrestlers actually prefer being heel because they can have more fun with the character. So while I was pondering this I got to wondering who my favorites were. Now back in the old days I'd easily say Ted dibiase was my fave. And great wrestler and a guy whose mottoe was "everyone has a price". And most of the time that mottoe came true. He'd also put people to sleep with the million dollar dream and then stuff money in their mouths. When he couldn't win the wwe title, he went and bought his own title. Just awesome stuff right there. So funny, yet so heelish. Then I got to thinking about who my favorite is today and honestly, not much comes to mind. Where are our larger than life heels at that you just love to hate? And the only guy I can think of that I have fun watching and wait every show to see is Daniel Bryan. And I know that's the typical Internet fanboy answer but I don't watch the Indys so believe me when I tell you, I had no clue who he was before nxt. The whole obnoxious "yes" thing was funny. And then when it caught on, he turned it to a no. Now he has yes/no arguments with fans where he winds up screaming no in a fans face. I laugh my ass off every time. So not only is he an amazing wrestler (can honestly say I've never seen him have a bad match) but hes fun to watch. He's golden and makes for great tv. So I wanna now ask the Kev who their favorite past/present heel is. From any company will work cuz honestly I expect to hear a lot of bully rays. He's golden as well btw.

Past favorites heel wrestler is a four way tie.

The original Four Horsemen
    Fabulous Freebirds
    Jerry The King Lawler
    Rowdy Roddy Piper

Favorite heel of all time:

Hands down, nobody was better than Bobby The Brain Heenan.

Current Favorite heel:

Probably Bully Ray.

Blog Entries
    I agree that heels are without a doubt the most fun characters in pro wrestling. I would say the following are my favorite heels in the WWE right now:

1. Daniel Bryan

Like you said, you are always wanting to see Daniel Bryan and what he is going to say/do next. I LOVE (I can't stress love enough) his yes/no gimmick. In my opinion, it's probably the best gimmick in the WWE right now. He has become so much better on the mic turning heel and plus he is without a doubt one of the best in-ring performers.

2. The Miz

It took me a while to catch on to the Miz. At first, I didn't like him at all and then one day I had a sudden epiphany: Miz is insanely good on the mic. I just wish the WWE would put him back in the main event picture soon. I understand that they want to give the IC title some recognition and prestige but Miz should be up there with Cena and Punk IMO.

3. Damien Sandow

I love Sandow's gimmick too. The way he executes his promos always makes me want to see what he has to offer next. The DX promo was awesome.

My favorite heel of all time is probably "Evolution" Triple H. I can't really describe why, I just enjoyed that angle so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RockBanditPhil View Post
    I agree that heels are without a doubt the most fun characters in pro wrestling. I would say the following are my favorite heels in the WWE right now:

1. Daniel Bryan

Like you said, you are always wanting to see Daniel Bryan and what he is going to say/do next. I LOVE (I can't stress love enough) his yes/no gimmick. In my opinion, it's probably the best gimmick in the WWE right now. He has become so much better on the mic turning heel and plus he is without a doubt one of the best in-ring performers.

2. The Miz

It took me a while to catch on to the Miz. At first, I didn't like him at all and then one day I had a sudden epiphany: Miz is insanely good on the mic. I just wish the WWE would put him back in the main event picture soon. I understand that they want to give the IC title some recognition and prestige but Miz should be up there with Cena and Punk IMO.

3. Damien Sandow

I love Sandow's gimmick too. The way he executes his promos always makes me want to see what he has to offer next. The DX promo was awesome.

My favorite heel of all time is probably "Evolution" Triple H. I can't really describe why, I just enjoyed that angle so much.
    Im one of the close minded few that can't get past miz being on the real world. He's a great talker I just don't buy him as a competitor.

And I'm loving Damien sandow. He's just too new for me to want to rank him up there. Give him more time and better feuds than zack Ryder and Brodus clay and he can be awesome.

Miz fan since day 1
    Past - Kevin nash, y2j , hhh Hbk, undertaker, Santino, edge, rock
    Present - miz sandow bullyray( only good thing in tna) punk big show,Dolph,
    Ur comment makes me think

Not removing till alex riley is pushed
    Dean ambrose makes his debut
    Bray wyatt scares a kid on raw
    Aj lee wins divas title
    The miz turns face
    Mick foley goes in Hof
    Paige brings her sexiness to wwe

Money in the bank-tied 19th

I've been a miz fan since the real world

Past- Kane..Yea I said it especially during his 2003 run he was a monster setting people on fire, tossing people off of stages, this is the Kane he needs to be.

Present- Alberto Del Rio I currently feel he is the only "TRUE'' heel in the WWE, as Daniel Bryan actually gets cheered and respected by the fans, while Del Rio is rarely cheered and actually gets more heat than anything...( This will change when Barrett comes back)

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Past- Kane..Yea I said it especially during his 2003 run he was a monster setting people on fire, tossing people off of stages, this is the Kane he needs to be.

Present- Alberto Del Rio I currently feel he is the only "TRUE'' heel in the WWE, as Daniel Bryan actually gets cheered and respected by the fans, while Del Rio is rarely cheered and actually gets more heat than anything...( This will change when Barrett comes back)
    While I respect your opinion, I gotta ask: what in the blue hell do you see in Alberto? Honestly I find him boring and fast forward through all his promos. I even find his ring work dull. Idk about that one man but Kane is one of my all time favorites. When he came back as a heel this time, I thought it could be the run of his career. He looked like he was in the best shape of his life and his aggression really made me want to see him... Then somewhere, somehow they make him the face that he's been for the gist of his career again. Smdh.

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    While I respect your opinion, I gotta ask: what in the blue hell do you see in Alberto? Honestly I find him boring and fast forward through all his promos. I even find his ring work dull. Idk about that one man but Kane is one of my all time favorites. When he came back as a heel this time, I thought it could be the run of his career. He looked like he was in the best shape of his life and his aggression really made me want to see him... Then somewhere, somehow they make him the face that he's been for the gist of his career again. Smdh.
    I feel intensity in his matches, its technical and hard-hitting, some of his promos can be bland but every once awhile he'll do something brilliant (when he had the mysterio-donkey pinata), and can be very aggressive as shown when took out Sheamus with his own car. I like Del Rio and feel like he is the top heel on smack-down and as is should be, as he actually gets great heat from the crowd especially when he talks.

Blog Entries
    WWE:

Past: Triple H (During Evolution)

All time: Roddy Piper

Present: The Miz (When Barrett comes back it will all change)

TNA:

Past: Jeff Jarrett

All time: Jeff Jarrett

Present: Bully Ray

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I feel intensity in his matches, its technical and hard-hitting, some of his promos can be bland but every once awhile he'll do something brilliant (when he had the mysterio-donkey pinata), and can be very aggressive as shown when took out Sheamus with his own car. I like Del Rio and feel like he is the top heel on smack-down and as is should be, as he actually gets great heat from the crowd especially when he talks.
    I have to agree with you there. Del Rio is boring, but he gets so much heat.