Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh sure. Isn't that why Del Rio is being pushed? Because he knows how to play backstage politics?
    Rome wasn't built in a day.

Can politics effect a job? Yes. Why should the WWE be any different than any other job.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thisiswrestling View Post
    Oh sure. Isn't that why Del Rio is being pushed? Because he knows how to play backstage politics?
    well to be fair I think there was more thought behind del rio's push than just a likable guy.. he is pretty awesome in the ring. sidenote- OP answered own question sufficiently enough that if anyone disagreed with it.. it would be silly.
    #BeJelly

Yea backstage politics can effect a superstars push but if you have unbelievable talent (CM Punk, and Daniel Bryan) you can push past it. People think Drew McIntyre, or Alex Riley are victims of Backstage politics which they are, but if they where truly talented with great wrestling ablities, or proved to be a draw then I don't think they wouldn't be in the doghouse for this long.

Blog Entries
    i am also more interested in hearing the Punk/Taker story

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thisiswrestling View Post
    I hate your signature & you can eat your two words.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    I think that the current backstage politics in the 'E are hurting pretty much +80% of its current roster. As long as Vince continues to play safe (Super Cena, Randy, Sheamus, Flip-flopping Punk and Big Show) instead of pushing people who might succeed with the crowd (Ryder, Tag Team Division, Divas) the morale of the wrestlers will be so low that their in ring ability, promos, and charisma will not be to its full potential when they are showcased. Remember a happy wrestler is a better wrestler than a depressed one except DB!!! :P

Of course politics plays a huge part in either helping or hurting a superstars career.

Good example of it helping a superstars career is Sheamus' friendship with HHH. Many feel Sheamus never paid any dues to earn his spot and became a top heel in the business right from the start.

Good example of it hurting a superstars career is Ken Doane former Spirit Squad leader. Got into an altercation with John Cena and that was the end for him.