Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Can backstage politics hurt a WWE Superstar's career?

In my opinion, yes. Backstage politics does influence the decision whether or not to push a particular Superstar. There are Superstars such as Cody Rhodes (failed the Wellness test), Drew McIntyre (negative backstage behavior as well as his rocky marriage to Tiffany), Alex Riley (recent incident with John Cena), and Jack Swagger (being too big-headed) who have since been relegated to competing on WWE Superstars ​and non-televised dark matches as of late. Your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel View Post
    In my opinion, yes. Backstage politics does influence the decision whether or not to push a particular Superstar. There are Superstars such as Cody Rhodes (failed the Wellness test), Drew McIntyre (negative backstage behavior as well as his rocky marriage to Tiffany), Alex Riley (recent incident with John Cena), and Jack Swagger (being too big-headed) who have since been relegated to competing on WWE Superstars ​and non-televised dark matches as of late. Your thoughts?
    When did Rhodes fail a wellness test? I remmeber there was the time when he almost failed it, but it was a false result.

Can backstage politics hurt a WWE Superstar's career ?
    Obviously, we are witnessing this every day.

Blog Entries
    Cody Rhodes never failed a Wellness test. and to be honest you answered your own question. Of course it's going to hurt a wrestler. I think in any sport these days you run into that issue.

Blog Entries
    Backstage politics is usually the more reason for a Superstars push or de-push I reckon.

Blog Entries
    Yes easily. It can make or break your career, Sheamus received a push due to being friends with Triple H, much like Drew got a big push early on because of HBK. However look how far Drew has fallen, along with Riley and Swagger etc. Rubbing an established name (Cena, Orton, Taker etc) has ended up with stars becoming jobbers or even fired. Punk however, managed to rebound from it after a run in with Taker a few years back.

Blog Entries
    Yes easily. It can make or break your career, Sheamus received a push due to being friends with Triple H, much like Drew got a big push early on because of HBK. However look how far Drew has fallen, along with Riley and Swagger etc. Rubbing an established name (Cena, Orton, Taker etc) has ended up with stars becoming jobbers or even fired. Punk however, managed to rebound from it after a run in with Taker a few years back.
    Can some one tell me those back stage stories please!!!

Actions can also stop someone quick examples Drew McIntyre hotel incident with Tiffany she was released and he, well everyone knows that!!
    Rhyno was released after an incident with his then wife.

Blog Entries
    Politics in wrestling has always been around from the days of....
    The Golddust Trio made up of Ed the Strangler Lewis, Billy Sandow and Toots Mondt....
    In the late 60s, you had Vince Sr and his favorites of Bruno Sammartino and Billy Graham
    80s Vince had Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan and Andre..... The Crocketts had Dusty, and Flair and 4 Horsemen, and the Garvins...
    Even the 90s with to many to name here....

But backstage and away from the ring actions does influence on how the promoter/promoters, writers and executives uses guys... You go and get negative news reported on your-self as several has in both WWE and TNA.... You either going end up being a jobber or suspended or fired...
    Then it also you do something positive, work hard most usually gets a push...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    No disrespect meant, but I was ROFL over the subject line. The finagling and maneuvering that goes on in the back at even little indie levels is enormous...unfortunately. Really a shame; so many genuinely talented guys/gals who didn't know how to play the game, or were not comfortable doing so, wound up with no spots or cast as "losers" by booking that made them appear far less skilled than they are/were.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm