Hybrid View

Normal Member

Smile WWF logo unblurred?

I was left shocked after what had happened 2 weeks ago.As you may have noticed on the 1000th episode of Raw, the famous stonecold/mcmahon beer truck incident did not blur the WWF logo near the titantron. The following week on the recap of the 1000th episode, I noticed a small Chris Jericho segment with the WWF logo un-blurred/censored in the corner of the screen.

So I've been checking this for a few days, trying to do my fair-due bit of research.From what I've come across, is that there is a rumour that Vince Mcmahon has finally cleared the lawsuit with the World Wide Fund for nature (Formerly World Wildlife Fund), and has now been granted access to using the old WWF scratch logo in small clips/segments from the past. Furthering the rumour, supposedly this is for the upcoming "WWE Network" which VKM (Just like most of us) would not want the disgusting blur covering most of the turnbuckles for paying network users.

Now people may be wondering why i'm so ecstatic about that whole situation and why I shouldn't just let the past be the past and forget about the glory of the WWF. It's nostalgia guys. Like most of you on here, we've become accustomed to seeing massive blurring covering our screens, and metaphorically speaking blurring out our memories. It gave the impression they were not only blurring, but actually editing those old moments, and almost crushing them for what we loved about them most.

So I came across a webpage online, which I can't remember for some strange reason, linking me to WWE.com I found a few videos which are subject of the recent un-blurring of the infamous logo, underneath the topic "Most Jaw-dropping moments"
    But here is a Link for you great fans out there for ease of access:
    http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/...ng-revelations

I might be a fan who gets happy over the smallest things within the WWE, but I have been waiting for something like this for a very long time!
    But let me get your views on this all
    What do you all think of this whole situation?
    Last edited by beatfighter3000; 08-10-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Its about time anyway i thought the whole thing was stupid they are two very different logos!!

Really? I'm simply amazed by the amount of things that leave WWE fans at an awe.
    Last edited by Ernest Wert; 08-08-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Agreed I am thrilled as well , now if only WWE can say WWF when reffering to the past I will be happy . For example: I remember a interview with Shawn Michaels when he said he grew up watching the WWE , I couldn't believe he would say that seeing as how he was watching the WWF not WWE , got me a little upset how they would erase history like that .

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    World WILDLIFE Fund. Where did World Wide Fund come from? What a shit name that would've been. About as shit as this thread.

But anyway, I'm pretty sure they've been allowed to use the logo without incurring a penalty. Happened a few times on the old school Raw and in Kevin Nash's Titantron. They just weren't allowed to use it in full matches from the past. I don't understand nostalgia over a logo though.

You're welcome!!

Normal Member
    I think you're missingg the significance here. The massive lawsuit which ended the 'federation' and started the downard spiral called the WWE has now be reduced or maybe abolished!
    so it means that we'll likely be able to see past WWF moments in the near future without the obscure blurring which has occured a substantial amount of time over the past 10 years. Personally it is of huge excitement for me to finally see old wwf moments uncensored on television again, and the blatant lie of trying to surpass them as 'WWE' moments finally being removed.

If anything, it allows the WWE to acknowledge its WWF past better, rather than calling it 'wwe history.

and p.s Thanks for such a nice comment about my thread, I care so much about what you thought about it, I decided to reply back to you

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    It's alright. I designed it as uneducated anger so that people would be more likely to agree with you.

Remember when Vinnie Mac accidently called Rey Mysterio the "WWF Champion"? It was around when Punk was holding the company hostage. Sent chills up my spine.

You're welcome!!