Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    My favourites are Soul Calibur II for the Gamecube and Marvel vs Capcom 3 for the 360.

Honourable mentions go to Mortal Kombat 2, Tekken 3 and Super Smash Bros Melee.

Capcom vs SNK 2 has to be my all-time favorite. To me it was the perfect blend of MvC2(spamtastic, and overly-flashy graphics vomited all over the screen) and SF. I liked Capcom vs SNK's idea of character levels, but not the way it was executed. If you could pick character levels for each character instead of characters being locked into the levels, then CvS would be my favorite.

My childhood here

X-men vs Street Fighter
    Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
    Marvel vs Capcom
    Marvel vs Capcom 2

^These games I played a lot when I was a kid. I did play Tekken and had my own copy of the first one but it didn't really appeal to me as much as you guys.

I see that sg mentioned Street Fighter Third Strike and that is one of my favorite fighting games.

Third Strike and SSF4 are in my top fighting game faves. I have played other games but again...it didn't appeal to me

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    My childhood here
    X-men vs Street Fighter
    I loveddddddddddd that game..

Soul Calibur (Dreamcast) is right up there but it has to be Street Fighter II. Still the all time classic for me.

Man there are so many, if I have to go with one being my favorite, it would be the Marvel vs Capcom series with 2 and 3 leading the forefront. But Street Fighter has always guaranteed a great gaming experience (my favs would be Street Fighter IV, III, and the Alpha series). Mortal Kombat revitalized the dying series with its latest iteration, which is awesomely addicting. Another fighting series I tend to buy is Soul Calibur with all of them being great in my book besides the latest one (Ugh! What a waste of money). Killer Instinct will forever be embedded in my mind with its fluid gameplay and ultra combos, man the way it felt to play Killer Instinct the first time, the button mashing leading up to big count combos i've never experienced before in a fighting game (this series had a battle with MvC for my favorite fighting game).. Tekken series is another solid one, with my favorite Tekkens being 2 and 3 (I love counters and chain slams lol). Then there was the SNK world of fighting, what a treasure trove of arcade gaming, besides the awesome King Of The Fighters, people fail to recognize the games that opened those doors. Fatal Fury and the battle of Joe Higashi, Terry and Andy Bogard vs Geese Howard, the transition between foreground and background fighting, if you wouldve asked me this question in the early 90s, Fatal Fury wouldve been my answer hands down. Samurai Showdown, Art of Fighting, even King Of The Monsters, were SNK games that were amazing at that time period (I spent a lot of quarters on any Neo Geo machine). Then Capcom's world of amazing fighters, Rival Schools, Darkstalkers, Saturday Night Slam Masters, Star Gladiator and so forth, always held it down.. And finally we have the Guilty Gear/BlazBlue type series for the hardcore fighters, I just cant forget to mention them too..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    My favourites are Soul Calibur II for the Gamecube and Marvel vs Capcom 3 for the 360.

Honourable mentions go to Mortal Kombat 2, Tekken 3 and Super Smash Bros Melee.
    I agree with these man, especially Super Smash Bros Melee! That was the first game I played on the Gamecube and loved it. Another great fighting game is X-Men Mutant Academy.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    I agree with these man, especially Super Smash Bros Melee! That was the first game I played on the Gamecube and loved it. Another great fighting game is X-Men Mutant Academy.
    I forgot Super Smash Bros!! Lol Kirby always come at me

Quote Originally Posted by CGBigMan View Post
    5:Guilty Gear
    6:BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
    this guy knows what he's talking about! I can't really say which is the best since I've haven't played every fighting game but my personal favorite would have to be Bloody Roar 2. Other really awesome games would be Tobal No. 2, Skullgirls, DBZ Budokai 3 and DB Infinite World.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    I had that game for the ps one, fun game.

Smash is one of those games that I can go back and play at any time, I've never tired of it.