Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Greatest Fighting Game

In my lifetime I have played a lot of great fighting games from Soul Calibur to Tekken, to Power Stone, to Mortal Kombat and I would love to hear what are your guys favorite fighting games no matter how old that you enjoyed and may even play again every once in a while..

My favorite game is Tekken 3.. Yea I love all the characters and the depth of all the new characters they introduced sometimes I will delete my game file and start the whole game over..

Lets hear some of your guys favorites.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, not only one of my favorite fighting games of all time but to me its also the best DBZ game they have come out with. It has nearly every character available, you get to destroy everything around you while you fight and unlike the more recent dbz games you actually have to fight ratehr then hit s few buttons and then have an animated combo play out
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Blog Entries
    Tekken 3 for me.

Edit: Holy shit, I just read the title and wrote my post, didn't even see you had T3 aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Tekken 3 for me.

Edit: Holy shit, I just read the title and wrote my post, didn't even see you had T3 aswell.
    Great minds think a like

I think Soul Calibur 2 is probably the best. The fighter that I've sunk the most time into, though, was Battle Arena Toshinden 2. I spent an entire summer playing that with friends until our fingers bled. It hasn't aged particularly well, but my memories of it have.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

I have to be boring and agree with Tekken 3 as being the GOAT.

I'll add that Street Fighter Third Strike and Alpha 3, Rival Schools and King of Fighters 98 are some of my other top favourites. I do wonder how much 90's nostalgia has to do with my enjoyment of those, to be honest. Bloody Roar was a cool game as well.

Recent-ish fighters: I'd say Blazblue Continuum Shift is the best I've played. Arcana Heart 3 is a close second, but I found that game too difficult. SFIV is good. I thought WWE 12 was rubbish and should've known it wouldn't have appealed to me. Haven't played any recent Tekkens or Kombats or Calibres or Marvels or Capcoms or SNKs or whatever yet.

Quote Originally Posted by supergoing View Post
    Bloody Roar was a cool game as well.
    That was a close second haha

I've always enjoyed the Soul Calibur series. Mainly because it's the only one i'm actually pretty good at! But I do really enjoy lots of different fighting games, and always have. I think it's safe to say that Capcom and Nam/dai own the genre. Still havent got around to the new Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter X Tekken yet though

Quote Originally Posted by supergoing View Post
    I have to be boring and agree with Tekken 3 as being the GOAT.

I'll add that Street Fighter Third Strike and Alpha 3, Rival Schools and King of Fighters 98 are some of my other top favourites. I do wonder how much 90's nostalgia has to do with my enjoyment of those, to be honest. Bloody Roar was a cool game as well.
    Man that game was awesome!! They really really really need to do a HD update of that for XBLA and PSN.

Blog Entries
    1:Mortal Kombat 7
    2:Tekken 3
    3:Marvel vs Capcom 3
    4:Soul Caliber IV
    5:Guilty Gear
    6:BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
    Prediction Contest Podiums:
    Extreme Rules: 1st (Perfect Score)
    Payback: 3rd

CGBigMan - The Football Manager

EWNCW - Gillz:
    Superstar of the Year (2011)
    World Heavyweight Champion Aug 29th (11) - Oct 30th (11)
    EWNCW Champion Nov 28th (11) - Apr 16th (12)
    BWA Undisputed World Tag Champions Feb 19th (12) - March 18th (12) (With Ryan Wells)

WWE Fed - Manik:
    Royal Rumble Entrant