Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    House of the Dead 2 with the light-gun was also a favorite of mine.
    House of the Dead 2 had the best boss battles especially when you have the light gun, that giant welding chainsaw dude was such a bitch to kill when I was young

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Ahh, the Sega Dreamcast really was a marvelous machine. A shame that Sega stopped investing in their games console department, because they really were at the forefront back in the day. They were the first to incorporate online play!

I loved Shenmue. An incredible open world game. Apparently Yu Suzuki in on the verge of securing the game's rights from Sega, so that he can make the third and final installment of the game. I always hated that they didn't manage to get the 3rd game out, but if Suzuki gets the rights, we'll see it for sure.

Most of the Sonic games were of course excellent.

There was an ECW game that was pretty cool. Can't remember which one it was though.

House of the Dead 2 with the light-gun was also a favorite of mine.
    That would be...

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

There were a tonne of great shmups for Dreamcast, if you're into those sorta games. Ikaruga and Gigawing come to mind as being especially awesome.

My Dreamcast model could read games that were burned onto a CD-R(*), so I actually used the console sporadically well into the late noughties. I know there were still homebrew games and arcade ports being released for the system as late as 2009, but I'm not sure if the whole DC community is quite as active as it once was.

Nonetheless, my fondest memories of the Dreamcast is playing Chu Chu Rocket online, which I managed to get for free by logging onto the Sega website. The console was also my first shot of the internet as well, since our family computer didn't have a modem at the time. I remember going onto the in-built chatroom and being confused about why I was being called an a/s/l.

(*) - All or most of the earlier models could, I believe. It was before they changed the colour of the spiral from orange to blue, or something like that? I don't really remember how it works. I discovered it by complete accident though.

I still have my Dreamcast with over 400 (copied) games. The ease of pirating games was probably a major contributor in why it failed as a console. But it definitely deserves it's place as a console cult classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    I still have my Dreamcast with over 400 (copied) games. The ease of pirating games was probably a major contributor in why it failed as a console. But it definitely deserves it's place as a console cult classic.
    I always wanted to learn how to do that haha but to lazy to figure it out

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    I wouldn't say that the Dreamcast failed as a console. It was a pioneer in the consoling world IMO. Pirating issues aside, it was a fantastic console.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    The Dreamcast was great, its just unlucky for Sega that the Playstation and N64 came out around the same time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    House of the Dead 2 had the best boss battles especially when you have the light gun, that giant welding chainsaw dude was such a bitch to kill when I was young
    Yeah I remember that bad boy! There was also one dressed as a postman (the first boss if I remember correctly) that was a real bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    That would be...

That's the one! My friend and I had a blast constructing ppv's and then playing them on that!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    The Dreamcast was great, its just unlucky for Sega that the Playstation and N64 came out around the same time.
    It wasn't really the N64, it was the PS2 launch that knackered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    It wasn't really the N64, it was the PS2 launch that knackered it.
    Yep. And the fact that the PS2 had an inbuilt DVD player and backwards compatibly.