Crowds and there chants

One thing that has pissed me off from the beginning of time was how much the crowd can turn on someone in a heart beat. This is not directed towards any superstar or diva, just in general. But I'm going to use an example.

Edge was a heel and a face of course, but when ever he went from face to heel people started chanting "You Suck", which really really pissed me off because in no way, shape, or from did Edge even come close to sucking. But yet people still chanted it, what I want to know is why did they chant this even knowing they were just cheering for him less than 48 hours ago( not literally 48 hours ago) and even knowing he was a multi-time champ.

So basically I have never turned on a wrestler that I liked even if they went from face to heel or heel to face. I would like to know why people would say the opposite of what they actually know? I hope i explained what I was thinking well because when ever I read it back it sounds weird.

Lets talk about that.
    THE GRIM REAPER OF THE IWC

Blog Entries
    You have never thought a wrestler who went from face to heel or heel to face became stale? some wrestlers also don't know when to retire.. i.e. rick flair, hulk hogan, etc.... these are all situations where I would go from cheering to booing a superstar. also some people get into wrestling as if it is a real universe, so don't get mad at people who hate on superstars that do the morally wrong thing (edge sleeping with lita, his friends long time girlfriend (maybe a bad example because it actually happen as well but I'm just giving a storyline the wwe used)) wrestling tries to tell stories where there are good guys and there are bad guys there is no harm in booing a heel.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Slivon View Post
    One thing that has pissed me off from the beginning of time was how much the crowd can turn on someone in a heart beat. This is not directed towards any superstar or diva, just in general. But I'm going to use an example.

Edge was a heel and a face of course, but when ever he went from face to heel people started chanting "You Suck", which really really pissed me off because in no way, shape, or from did Edge even come close to sucking. But yet people still chanted it, what I want to know is why did they chant this even knowing they were just cheering for him less than 48 hours ago( not literally 48 hours ago) and even knowing he was a multi-time champ.

So basically I have never turned on a wrestler that I liked even if they went from face to heel or heel to face. I would like to know why people would say the opposite of what they actually know? I hope i explained what I was thinking well because when ever I read it back it sounds weird.

Lets talk about that.
    Sorry, but I think Edge was over-rated and I really thought he did suck. My opinion, but he's not as great as the E Universe made him out to be, but when they put someone on the screen long enough, people will become fans eventually, much like Orton, Batista, Khali, etc.

As for your point, the best part about being a fan of the wrestling industry is that we are part of the show. If you truly like Edge, then you chant "You Suck" when he turns heel. If you truly like Bryan Danielson, then you keep chanting "Yes!" if he's heel or face. These guys are out there working for a reaction. If they play the heel then they want to get under you skin and make you chant how bad you hate them, even if you respect their talents (Jericho, Eddie... These guys were very good at this) and they want you to "help them" make that big comeback after having been beat down so far (Hulking up as it's commonly called.) Just because the fans were chanting "You Suck" during Kurt Angles theme, didn't mean they really thought that a guy who won an olympic gold medal with a broken neck actually "sucked" and was talentless... They were just getting behind the heelish character he was playing at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone