Thread: Need Some Help

Need Some Help

I'm not what you would call a "serious" gamer but I do enjoy playing. However I have an issue. A spinal cord injury left me without hand dexterity. Due to this I use a cuff on my hand with a pencil to "peck" type on my laptop. Now I can manage 30 words per minute but constant action games are very difficult for me.

So here's where you guys come in. What are some good strategy, turn-based, or even even action games that don't require constant button pressing for PC? I'm open to pretty much anything.

Thanks in advance!
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Blog Entries
    Shit, sorry to hear about that man. What happened out of curiosity? No worries if you'd rather not talk about it.

I recommend Age of Empires, Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings in particular. I've spent so many hours playing that game it's unreal! It's a pretty well known game, and 2 is one of the best games in the series. It's a strategy game that I'm sure you'll enjoy playing, and the main controls you need to use are the mouse and the directional buttons. Plus it doesn't require you to quickly shift buttons and controls quickly.

The Sims and Sin City are other games that you might be interested in playing since they don't require the use of many controls or quick shifts!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Shit, sorry to hear about that man. What happened out of curiosity? No worries if you'd rather not talk about it.

I recommend Age of Empires, Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings in particular. I've spent so many hours playing that game it's unreal! It's a pretty well known game, and 2 is one of the best games in the series. It's a strategy game that I'm sure you'll enjoy playing, and the main controls you need to use are the mouse and the directional buttons. Plus it doesn't require you to quickly shift buttons and controls quickly.

The Sims and Sin City are other games that you might be interested in playing since they don't require the use of many controls or quick shifts!
    I don't mind talking about it at all. I blacked out & went off the road in my truck, throwing me out about 40 feet. Broke my neck at C6 & C7 leaving me paralyzed from the chest down.

And is Age of Empires better than Civilization?
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    I don't mind talking about it at all. I blacked out & went off the road in my truck, throwing me out about 40 feet. Broke my neck at C6 & C7 leaving me paralyzed from the chest down.

And is Age of Empires better than Civilization?
    That's a awful man, permanently paralyzed?

In my experience, AoE is better than Civilization. Both are great games, but my personal preference is AoE.

A strategy game, huh? I don't really dwell in that area but I will say play Plants vs. Zombies for sure. It's adorable and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    That's a awful man, permanently paralyzed?

In my experience, AoE is better than Civilization. Both are great games, but my personal preference is AoE.
    Yea according to medical science, but who knows.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    Yea according to medical science, but who knows.
    Shit, that's horrible. I can't imagine what that must be like. Still you're alive, and that has to count for something.

But yeah, Age of Empires 2 is definitely one for you to go for!