Am I the only one...

I live in England, Raw airs at 2am over here. I used to stay up religiously and watch it live back in the day, but recently I have just watched it on youtube the next day. Mainly so I can fast forward through anything that involves one of the following:

John Cena
    The Big Show
    Divas
    Big Johnny

I've had lots of early nights the past few months! Cena may be a great guy outside the ring (unless you're his estranged wife or former Spirit Squad member Kenny!) and his charity work should be applauded by one and all...but I watch Raw for wrestling and I'm sorry, you're not that great. Same old 5 moves of doom, backs against the wall come back victory every week. Its old and tired. I don't wanna watch it. I know he'll remain top dog as kids love him and he sells merch by the bucket load...so I'll just have to fast forward king cookie cutter.

Big Show, can't wrestler, slow paced, terrible on mic. Same could be said for MOST Divas and Big Johnny! Which leads me to my point. I am sorry if this point has already been brought up. I'm new so still working out how this forum works. Am I the only one sick of the Champion not being the focal point of the shows? Not just on Raw but Smackdown too?

It should all be about CM Punk and Sheamus. The show should be built around these guys. People they are feuding with, people vying for the number 1 contender spot to face them. Not some BS story about an annoying GM who keeps botching every sentence he says. Not some has been giant who's best years were probably a decade ago. Long story short, champions should be main eventing the show

honestly, and i never thought i would say this, but i would rather watch cena cut a promo, which jerichos intervention saved, than watch punk vs bryan vs kane for the 8th time, or a combination of sheamus vs del rio vs zigs for the 5th time...

every week it is the same f'ing match-ups...that is my biggest problem with RAW and why i DVR it now...

the divas, awful, i agree 100%...they should scrap the entire division and save a few hundred grand...i guarantee you, from a business standpoint, they would save more money buy cutting the division, than what the divas generate for the company.

Quote Originally Posted by SHW View Post
    honestly, and i never thought i would say this, but i would rather watch cena cut a promo, which jerichos intervention saved, than watch punk vs bryan vs kane for the 8th time, or a combination of sheamus vs del rio vs zigs for the 5th time...

every week it is the same f'ing match-ups...that is my biggest problem with RAW and why i DVR it now...

the divas, awful, i agree 100%...they should scrap the entire division and save a few hundred grand...i guarantee you, from a business standpoint, they would save more money buy cutting the division, than what the divas generate for the company.
    I've done a blog thats pending about the very subject you raise about the same matches, so won't go too much into details.

WWE have a fairly large female roster, most of them a total waste of time. You look at the TNA Knockout division and their pool of talent may be smaller but its far superior to WWE in my eyes

Blog Entries
    As much as I hate to say it, it makes sense that the current world champions are not being showcased in the main event. It makes sense, when you think about it.

CM Punk doesn't draw like he should. Besides, he's being overshadowed by AJ's presence in his rivalry with Daniel Bryan. Would it really be a good idea to showcase something like that? And with Sheamus, a report a while back stated that WWE isn't confident that Sheamus can carry Smackdown, as the top babyface, on his own which is why they won't let Orton turn heel since SD is heel heavy.

I know it's a shameful thing, pun intended , but from a business perspective, it makes sense.

You all make reasonable arguments. If the show is stale one of two things need to be done:

1. End the brand extension and just have all superstars appear on both shows
    2. Bring through lower and midcard talent, showcase them more and push them

I really don't know what all the Big Show hate is about. Yeah he's not a great tech wrestler and he never claimed to be. He's good on the mic, especially when he's a heel, he can put on a good match and he's a very entertaining guy. To me at least.

And as far as bitching about cena and the "5 moves of doom" You know what, same they can be said about nearly every long term main eventer. Triple H, The Rock, Kane, Punknow has his own "5 moves of doom" and I don't see anyone bitching about that... YET. I get it you people are sick of seeing him in teh main event, so am I, but the fact is he is no worse then any of the other top guys the wwe has been using for the last 20 years.

The divas are most awful that true but as far as focusing more of Sheamus and Punk that will do nothing but make people who liek them start to hate them because their always on and when you focus on someone that much no matter how good they are eventually it gets boring, hell people are already talking about punk selling out and their are plenty of sheamus haters saying he's only at the top because he's triple h's little buddy.

I agree with the idea that the show shouldn't be about the same 4 or 5 people every week and they should be working to build up and make new stars but the constant bitching about the same things over and over is pointless. Maybe if people would put half the energy into supporting new guys that they do into hating the old guys then we could get somewhere but as long as 80% of teh attention, positive or negative is on those few people their the ones that will be on tv every show.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

i LOVE big show as a heel, always have.

thought it was a travesty after his initial debut at i think St.Valentines Day Massacre, they turned him into a side-show face with gimmick matches...

they ruined the middle part of his career with that bs, and was so happy when he was fired by Johnny because as most of us knew, would come back and save JL at the PPV and get his job back, yeah it was predictable, but i was happy as a full heel turn was obvious as well.

the wwe is in a straaaaange state with the current roster. there is only 1 legit "superstar", and he is hated by a majority of the long term, diehard fans. but in reality, the long term, die hard fans do not spend $$$, they post on message boards.

when rocky miavia became the rock and started cutting promos, you knew he would be a star, you knew when austin passed out instead of tapping out to hart, he would be a star, you knew hhh, when he married steph, would be a star, you knew hbk, mankind, and taker, with all of their history and success, would remain stars.

i just do not have a feeling close to that with any of todays roster or any of the young guys in developmental or indy guys...

Banned
    You're definitely not alone here! I think that's how we all watch raw these days. I'll either dvr it and fast fwd through the diva's and long drawn out promos,usually by cena or john L (even punks promos have become lack luster). Big shows just washed out man. I get it, you're an enormous man but you're not undefeated which would be more impressive. Creative has got to think of something captivating for him quick or I've lost all hope for him. There's gotta be something creative can do to save this show before my thumb gets sick of fast forwarding and just chooses not to even bother tuning in anymore.

To me, you use the first 2 match spots to push the lowcard, new or younger talent, or a tag team. You use the next 2 match spots to push the mid-card talent and/or a tag team. These should have something to do with the IC/US/Tag Team Titles. The last match should be about the main event superstars and the WHC/WWE Title. In between matches, you have actual promos, whether it be an interview, a confrontation between superstars or superstar and GM. There should be a limited amount in comedy, with the exception of it being a part of the character. Santino should have lost the US title a long time ago. The divas division needs to be redone immediately. And two stars from FCW or NXT (whatever it's being called these days) should be brought up to make a legit tag team with a legit run with the tag titles 6 months- a year from when they debut. The WWE needs to be SAVED. And not by stars from the 80's or 90's.

I think they are addressing your gripe right now. It looks like Punk is beginning to feel the same way as you do.
    Why Tebow when you can Beltre instead?