Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Punk Vs Kofi

Quote Originally Posted by Slivon View Post
    I like this idea, the WWE needs a "Real Full" black WWE Champ.
    ummm I would say R Truth for that one
    Israel Pamich
    Number 1 Contender for the RTE Championship
    Fight Night IV
    ​RTE Championship Match
    Alex Wildheart (C) v Israel Pamich

Domination
    Number 1 Contenders for the EWNCW World Tag Team Titles at:
    In Violence We Trust
    EWNCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
    Mixed Emotions (C) v Domination

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    By your reasoning, and I have bolded for impact that means Santino Marella deserves a Main Event push.

I said in another post that DB was the most overated wrestler in the company but I forgot about KK. He cant wrestle although he has one good move, He is terrible on the Mic and hes over with a few fans.

And by that reasoning alone then Wade Barrett deserves a Main Event push as does Zack Ryder and Sin Cara so who do we kick out to have them in?

You Cena Orton ADR and Sheamus are stall and although I disagree with yo even if thats the case then I would rather have one of these "Stale" wrestlers over any of the four names I just mentioned.

Your a Kingston mark I get it, Im a William Regal mark to and He gets over with the fans, technically a great wrestler and promos are not stale so give him a Main Event push too
    I wouldn't say that kofi is an overrated wrestler he is fun to watch. you should watch some of his matches on superstars they are awesome. I highlighted some things that made me laugh, I'm a regal fan as well but I just thought it was funny that william regal thinks daniel bryan is a great wrestler and was one of his trainers. I feel a little sad for knowing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I wouldn't say that kofi is an overrated wrestler he is fun to watch. you should watch some of his matches on superstars they are awesome. I highlighted some things that made me laugh, I'm a regal fan as well but I just thought it was funny that william regal thinks daniel bryan is a great wrestler and was one of his trainers. I feel a little sad for knowing this.
    Yeah I know Regal has a lot of respect for Bryan and trained him as well which makes me ponder Regals choice in prodigies

And I will upload some Superstars episodes and see how Kofi goes
    Israel Pamich
    Fight Night IV
    ​RTE Championship Match

Domination
    In Violence We Trust

Blog Entries
    Yeah I know Regal has a lot of respect for Bryan and trained him as well which makes me ponder Regals choice in prodigies

And I will upload some Superstars episodes and see how Kofi goes
    I don't know man. Cm punk, brian kendrick, samoa joe, and daniel bryan were all trained by him. IMO that's a pretty epic list of people he has trained haha.

By your reasoning, and I have bolded for impact that means Santino Marella deserves a Main Event push.

I said in another post that DB was the most overated wrestler in the company but I forgot about KK. He cant wrestle although he has one good move, He is terrible on the Mic and hes over with a few fans.

And by that reasoning alone then Wade Barrett deserves a Main Event push as does Zack Ryder and Sin Cara so who do we kick out to have them in?

You Cena Orton ADR and Sheamus are stall and although I disagree with yo even if thats the case then I would rather have one of these "Stale" wrestlers over any of the four names I just mentioned.

Your a Kingston mark I get it, Im a William Regal mark to and He gets over with the fans, technically a great wrestler and promos are not stale so give him a Main Event push too
    If you bothered to read all my posts on this forum I state im not a KK mark, but i wouldn't blame you if you missed it cause I can be a long winded mofo...LOL. But your reasoning is solid even though Sin Cara, Santino i can find arguments to debunk that they are in the same category. Sin Cara is dangerous to be in the ring with for these wwe wrestlers and santino is a comedy act that has a belt for god knows why LOL. I guess I can see your point with Ryder.

You say he cant wrestle, but he can. Im not saying he's a Mr Regal but he's on the same level as some. You say he has two moves. Ive read the same thing about ADR in another forum..sigh.

If anyone here has followed my posts I dont let my personal preferences dictate facts. Unbiased dude, but good points but my questions are still unanswered.

In fact I like heels. The douche-er the better and someone like KK is to goodie two shoes corney for me personally, but that doesnt mean he shouldn't be pushed.

PS nobody would have to be knocked out of the main event scene if Kofi was pushed there. There's not that many full fledged main event faces on both shows. In fact the WWE main event scene is main event heel saturated. And now with punk as a heel there's even more need to push new main event faces or turn some current heels imo. Why not push Kofi?
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 07-26-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    Nah, I have to disagree. I think Kofi Kingston could get a crack at the WWE title to test the waters with his character and see how well he performs in big main event matches. Hes generally over with the WWE crowd to be given a WWE title shot at the moment. It has helped guys like John Cena and Dolph Ziggler in the past where they got a WWE title match despite being mid-carders just to see how their characters would perform in main event matches. Plus, I like underdog vs main eventer type WWE title defenses. It's fun to watch for me personally. Having the same main eventers compete for the WWE title gets a little boring after a while. It's a reason why everybody loved 123 Kid vs Bret Hart for the WWE championship on Raw. Even though 123 Kid was still a mid-carder, it was still a fantastic match between him and Bret Hart which put 123 Kid over at the time. Kofi doesn't have to win the WWE title but I see it as a way of Kof Kingston proving his worth to the company.
    I'm not saying mid carders vs champions can't be good. I was a huge fan of jeff hardy vs the undertaker. I would say jeff was a more exciting wrestler and was more over with the crowd (because he's crazy!). this was a huge push for jeff and started his main event level career but kofi isn't as exciting as jeff. he doesn't do the crazy things jeff would do plus his character is stale IMO. maybe if you were to give kofi a character revamp he would be funner to watch in a main event feud.

Blog Entries
    I'm for this idea. This will give Kofi his chance at mainevent..n also a chance to E to try with something new in main event...

Punk will carry on promos...n Kofi n Punk both can put a gr8 match together...

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    If you bothered to read all my posts on this forum I state im not a KK mark, but i wouldn't blame you if you missed it cause I can be a long winded mofo...LOL. But your reasoning is solid even though Sin Cara, Santino i can find arguments to debunk that they are in the same category. Sin Cara is dangerous to be in the ring with for these wwe wrestlers and santino is a comedy act that has a belt for god knows why LOL. I guess I can see your point with Ryder.

You say he cant wrestle, but he can. Im not saying he's a Mr Regal but he's on the same level as some. You say he has two moves. Ive read the same thing about ADR in another forum..sigh.

If anyone here has followed my posts I dont let my personal preferences dictate facts. Unbiased dude, but good points but my questions are still unanswered.

In fact I like heels. The douche-er the better and someone like KK is to goodie two shoes corney for me personally, but that doesnt mean he shouldn't be pushed.

PS nobody would have to be knocked out of the main event scene if Kofi was pushed there. There's not that many full fledged main event faces on both shows. In fact the WWE main event scene is main event heel saturated. And now with punk as a heel there's even more need to push new main event faces or turn some current heels imo. Why not push Kofi?
    I apologise for the KK mark re:mark (See what I did there?)

I think we will have to agree to disagree about how good of a wrestler Kofi is and Im not saying his worse then ADR although I got to tell you I like his Finisher arm breaker thats cool but not cool enough to deserve a ME push IMO

If you have watched a few of santinos last matches the boy can actually hang and once he drops the belt although I dont think that will happen anytime soon we may see a Santino Marella never seen before.

I just dont see and cannot picture Kofi in the ME scene and if he was pushed to the ME scene before R truth won a world title I would be outraged
    Israel Pamich
    Fight Night IV
    ​RTE Championship Match

Domination
    In Violence We Trust

I apologise for the KK mark re:mark (See what I did there?)

I think we will have to agree to disagree about how good of a wrestler Kofi is and Im not saying his worse then ADR although I got to tell you I like his Finisher arm breaker thats cool but not cool enough to deserve a ME push IMO

If you have watched a few of santinos last matches the boy can actually hang and once he drops the belt although I dont think that will happen anytime soon we may see a Santino Marella never seen before.

I just dont see and cannot picture Kofi in the ME scene and if he was pushed to the ME scene before R truth won a world title I would be outraged
    OK mark cut me deep...LOL jk its just always assumed, for some reason on these forums, that if you defend a talent you must wanna blow them..LOL

Anyways I would be interested in seeing a different Santino. Santino can wrestle, but i dont know if he can ever be taken seriously, cobra and all. I think the wwe unfortunately type casted him for life. Unless somehow he can take some brutal Mick Foley bumps to get hardcore wrestling fans behind him, which pg era won't allow, I'm not seeing him being taken seriously.

Kofi could be taken seriously and i have absolutely no problems with putting Truth in the main event scene either. The reason I focused on KK more than anyone else cause he was specifically the subject of this forum.

So basically KK is no go for you cause hes not that good of a wrestler, but he's slightly better than ADR, who's main event status, but he deserves to be there over KK cause is cross arm finisher is better than Kofis trouble in paradise, in ur opinion. Got it.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 07-27-2012 at 01:45 AM.

I'm not sure the 'E' will elevate him to that level anymore. I really thought they were going to pull the trigger on him during his little spat with Orton, when he wrecked his car but that fizzled out.

I personally don't see why he couldn't have some run with the top title, he gets good crowd reaction, he's decent in the ring (though a little spotty) he can handle himself on the mic when given the opportunity.