Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Punk Vs Kofi

Blog Entries
    Kofi kingston is not good enough to feud for the wwe title. The wwe title is the most prestigious title in the wwe and should be fought for by it's top stars, and as much as I like kofi he isn't even the best wrestler on his tag team. I wouldn't mind if R-truth went after the title IMO he would be a better face to lose to punk... could you imagine the promos punk would have smashing "little jimmy"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Kofi kingston is not good enough to feud for the wwe title. The wwe title is the most prestigious title in the wwe and should be fought for by it's top stars, and as much as I like kofi he isn't even the best wrestler on his tag team. I wouldn't mind if R-truth went after the title IMO he would be a better face to lose to punk... could you imagine the promos punk would have smashing "little jimmy"?
    Nah, I have to disagree. I think Kofi Kingston could get a crack at the WWE title to test the waters with his character and see how well he performs in big main event matches. Hes generally over with the WWE crowd to be given a WWE title shot at the moment. It has helped guys like John Cena and Dolph Ziggler in the past where they got a WWE title match despite being mid-carders just to see how their characters would perform in main event matches. Plus, I like underdog vs main eventer type WWE title defenses. It's fun to watch for me personally. Having the same main eventers compete for the WWE title gets a little boring after a while. It's a reason why everybody loved 123 Kid vs Bret Hart for the WWE championship on Raw. Even though 123 Kid was still a mid-carder, it was still a fantastic match between him and Bret Hart which put 123 Kid over at the time. Kofi doesn't have to win the WWE title but I see it as a way of Kof Kingston proving his worth to the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Yeah i keep reading that but no one has been able to explain why. I'm not a Kofi mark, but hes been in the E for a while. And theres not too many main event faces. Truth is a great heel. Kofi has done almost everything in the mid card and is just taking up space from future mid carders like Tyson Kidd.

I just can't think of why he hasnt gotten more of an opportunity to graduate out of the mid card, other than the Orton feud.

Is it only his mic work, which isnt great, but not horrible either imo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    Nah, I have to disagree. I think Kofi Kingston could get a crack at the WWE title to test the waters with his character and see how well he performs in big main event matches. Hes generally over with the WWE crowd to be given a WWE title shot at the moment. It has helped guys like John Cena and Dolph Ziggler in the past where they got a WWE title match despite being mid-carders just to see how their characters would perform in main event matches. Plus, I like underdog vs main eventer type WWE title defenses. It's fun to watch for me personally. Having the same main eventers compete for the WWE title gets a little boring after a while. It's a reason why everybody loved 123 Kid vs Bret Hart for the WWE championship on Raw. Even though 123 Kid was still a mid-carder, it was still a fantastic match between him and Bret Hart which put 123 Kid over at the time. Kofi doesn't have to win the WWE title but I see it as a way of Kof Kingston proving his worth to the company.
    ^^^ this. And not understanding what the hold up is? I'm not trying to race bait, but I can understand under the circumstances on why some might think race has something to do with the lack of opportunity to at least step up imo. Id hate to think that is the actual reason.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 07-26-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Yeah i keep reading that but no one has been able to explain why. I'm not a Kofi mark, but hes been in the E for a while. And theres not too many main event faces. Truth is a great heel. Kofi has done almost everything in the mid card and is just taking up space from future mid carders like Tyson Kidd.

I just can't think of why he hasnt gotten more of an opportunity to graduate out of the mid card, other than the Orton feud.

Is it only his mic work, which isnt great, but not horrible either imo?
    I think he needs a character revamp personally it's kind of boring to watch his promos because his character doesn't have anything to really separate himself from others. this might lead to his mediocre promos IMO. on the other hand r-truths gimmick is over with the kids, while punk is way over with the older fans thus could lead to more of a clash of the titans. me and my friends make constant references about the wwe and none of my friends have ever said a kofi reference but constantly make truth references IMO because he is funner to watch.

I think he needs a character revamp personally it's kind of boring to watch his promos because his character doesn't have anything to really separate himself from others. this might lead to his mediocre promos IMO. on the other hand r-truths gimmick is over with the kids, while punk is way over with the older fans thus could lead to more of a clash of the titans. me and my friends make constant references about the wwe and none of my friends have ever said a kofi reference but constantly make truth references IMO because he is funner to watch.
    Okay...I hear ya, but Kofi is over too and his character is as stale as Cena's imo. True Kofi cant touch Cena's mic work, but Kofi's lack of main event push just dumbfounds me. Maybe some are just seeing something im not.

When we discuss Kofi here and in my personal life these are the arguments I've heard to not push him to the main event and my rebuttals:

He sucks.....why?

He sucks on the mic....okay, but not everyone is the master of the mic in the main event (ADR), but it helps big time.

He's not over with the fans....when I'm in the crowd there's a lot of kiddies with Kofi merchandise and the crowd chants "BOOM BOOM BOOM" when he comes out and during the boom drop.

He can't wrestle....yes he can. You can't tell me he's worse than Cena.

He's stale....so is Cena, Orton, Sheamus (maybe) and ADR.

The main event scene is stacked....they are with HEELS not faces. They need more main event faces.

He hasn't earned it....he's held mid card titles, tag team titles, debut in ECW a little later than Punk and has been working consistently while people like Orton get suspend. What else does he need to do to "earn it?"

So....what are we left with?
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 07-26-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    When we discuss Kofi here and in my personal life these are the arguments I've heard to not push him to the main event and my rebuttals:

He sucks.....why?

He sucks on the mic....okay, but not everyone is the master of the mic in the main event (ADR), but it helps big time.

He's not over with the fans....when I'm in the crowd there's a lot of kiddies with Kofi merchandise and the crowd chants "BOOM BOOM BOOM" when he comes out and during the boom drop.

The main event scene is stacked....they are with HEELS not faces. They need more main event faces.

He hasn't earned it....he's held the mid card titles, tag team titles and has been working consistently while people like Orton get suspend. What else does he need to do to "earn it?"

I think something that hasn't been said in this forum that could clerify these things for you is that he isn't main event size. I mean I don't mind that but that is the reason the people that you are mentioning with his problems got pushed. kofi is 6 foot 212 pounds whereas orton sheamus cena and adr are all above or at vince's 6'2 220 superstar size. what doesn't always matter look at cm punk and daniel bryan but daniel bryan is a much better wrestler and punk is a much better wrestler and is a better mic worker IMO

He sucks.....why?

He hasn't earned it....he's held mid card titles, tag team titles, debut in ECW a little later than Punk and has been working consistently while people like Orton get suspend. What else does he need to do to "earn it?"

By your reasoning, and I have bolded for impact that means Santino Marella deserves a Main Event push.

I said in another post that DB was the most overated wrestler in the company but I forgot about KK. He cant wrestle although he has one good move, He is terrible on the Mic and hes over with a few fans.

And by that reasoning alone then Wade Barrett deserves a Main Event push as does Zack Ryder and Sin Cara so who do we kick out to have them in?

You Cena Orton ADR and Sheamus are stall and although I disagree with yo even if thats the case then I would rather have one of these "Stale" wrestlers over any of the four names I just mentioned.

Your a Kingston mark I get it, Im a William Regal mark to and He gets over with the fans, technically a great wrestler and promos are not stale so give him a Main Event push too
    Israel Pamich
    Number 1 Contender for the RTE Championship
    Fight Night IV
    ​RTE Championship Match
    Alex Wildheart (C) v Israel Pamich

Domination
    Number 1 Contenders for the EWNCW World Tag Team Titles at:
    In Violence We Trust
    EWNCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
    Mixed Emotions (C) v Domination

He sucks.....why?

*cough'Causeheblackcough*