Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

11:05 PM Rumble Sunday - A Bad Thing?

Ladies. Gentlemen.

At 11:05PM on Royal Rumble Sunday, Dwayne The Rock Johnson will very likely be the new WWE Champion. At least that's what a majority of our speculation is telling us. My initial reaction: terrible idea. That's unfair to the current full-time roster and a nonsensical business decision. But, than I really thought about what this would mean...

The Rock (as many of you surely saw) was ranked the 4th highest paid actor of the past year (not including WWE's paycheck). His level of celebrity, his star, has never been brighter. He is mega-famous right now, on a global scale. While I was at Mania in Miami cheering my ass off for Cena, I never thought I'd see myself saying the following: It would be awesome for the Rock to hold the title for a few months leading up to Mania XXXVIIII - for business.

How cool would it be to see The Rock showing up in different countries, on Letterman, on Conan, at movie premieres, and hosting SNL with the WWE's most covetted prize around his waist? The exposure he would garner would be humungous. To me, this is the opportunity the WWE missed out with CM Punk - a chance to have a champion who is skipping Raw after Raw, flaunting his WWE title just like he promised at different outlets and venues. 2+ months of a man as famous as The Rock showing off that belt could do wonders for the Mania buyrate.

Lastly, like I said, I was bummed out Cena didn't win at Mania. I felt like his loyalty to the company the last decade earned him a W against the Rock. However, if in their rematch, Cena beats the Rock AND wins the title on the biggest stage, all would seem right with the world. The Rock loves this company and the fans - I think he'd do this for them.

Thoughts?

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    Just a reminder; Summer Slam is the next PPV, Rumbles a ways away and alot of things could happen between now and then.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    rock beats punk
    cena wins rumble
    cena redeems himself
    all is right in the world again

I guess the main purpose of the thread is this question... Do we support the idea of The Rock winning the title and actually being WWE Champion?

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    Definetely. Vince always does what is best for business. If that means putting the Title on Rock and not having a WWE Champion at live events for two months, but makes the company better in the long run...he will do it.
    "Woo Woo Woo... You Know It!!!"

Blog Entries
    does the iwc support the rock winning the title IMO no. does the wwe support the rock having another title run? YES!YES!YES!

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    I guess the main purpose of the thread is this question... Do we support the idea of The Rock winning the title and actually being WWE Champion?
    True and i don't want to see it.

Blog Entries
    I'm only in favor of The Rock winning the WWE title if he's going to be on WWE programming regularly during the time he has the title.
    Now if WWE decide to give him a title run, I imagine that they will demand that he is on RAw on a regular basis (every other week at the very least) during that time, since I can't see WWE being happy with the WWE title not being on Raw each week.
    I have no problem with The Rock winning the title if he's going to be on tv regularly during his title run.

HOWEVER, I'm very skeptical about that actually happening given how busy The Rock is outside of wrestling, and given that he'll be VERY busy around that time of the year hyping up the release of GI Joe (again). So I'm not sure at all if he's going to be able to commit to being on tv regularly because of that.

With that in mind, perhaps we won't see The Rock winning the title after all, since there's no guarantee that he can be on tv regularly, and I don't think WWE would be happy with their main title not on tv during their most important time of the year.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I don't really know if I'm in favor or not, regarding the Rock winning the championship. But it is going to happen. He gave a promise and the WWE has been bringing it up. It's gonna happen. But I think he will drop it at WM.

But here's a interesting thought. I've seen pictures of the Rock at his house pointing at his past belts saying "Look! Not One Stupid Spinner Belt!" If the Rock wins this might be an opportunity for the WWE to change the belt. Just a thought. But then again if he drops the belt to Cena, which I think will happen at WM, Cena will just change it back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    I don't really know if I'm in favor or not, regarding the Rock winning the championship. But it is going to happen. He gave a promise and the WWE has been bringing it up. It's gonna happen. But I think he will drop it at WM.

But here's a interesting thought. I've seen pictures of the Rock at his house pointing at his past belts saying "Look! Not One Stupid Spinner Belt!" If the Rock wins this might be an opportunity for the WWE to change the belt. Just a thought. But then again if he drops the belt to Cena, which I think will happen at WM, Cena will just change it back.
    I assume even john cena is sick of that awful design by now haha