Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    I am not convinced that Punk is a heel. I think he went more of a frustrated tweener or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I am not convinced that Punk is a heel. I think he went more of a frustrated tweener or something.
    At first I was not convinced he went full heel either. But when you look how they opened the show when they showed Punk attacking The Rock. With the way they made the video it was clear that the WWE intends it to be a full heel turn. It was very similar to the way they made the video when Battista attacked mysterio. Or whenever a serious heel goes crazy attacking a face.

I think that in the day and age of internet talk and scoops of ideas being leaked, the creative team makes changes constantly. It's their way of keeping people guessing. I think that instead of a straight up heel, they are going with a guy that's conflicted and frustrated. It looked like he wanted to hurt Cena but decided against it. His yelling at AJ was a heel move though. I think we'll see him float more along the tweener/heel line than the tweener/face line.
    Why Tebow when you can Beltre instead?

Quote Originally Posted by tombstone13 View Post
    At first I was not convinced he went full heel either. But when you look how they opened the show when they showed Punk attacking The Rock. With the way they made the video it was clear that the WWE intends it to be a full heel turn. It was very similar to the way they made the video when Battista attacked mysterio. Or whenever a serious heel goes crazy attacking a face.
    That is one idea. Though I am more incline to believe that he is a frustrated champion that has been overshadowed by the likes of Cena and Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
    I think that in the day and age of internet talk and scoops of ideas being leaked, the creative team makes changes constantly. It's their way of keeping people guessing. I think that instead of a straight up heel, they are going with a guy that's conflicted and frustrated. It looked like he wanted to hurt Cena but decided against it. His yelling at AJ was a heel move though. I think we'll see him float more along the tweener/heel line than the tweener/face line.
    Heel/Tweener describes him better than full heel. Full heel would be that he got both Rock AND Cena using the title belt and gathering heat from the fans saying "All of you don't deserve to see The Rock or John Cena. You have a fighting champion and the spotlight should ALWAYS be on me!"

My guess though.

I saw him more as a reluctant heel. The way they played it out, i feel like Cm Punk doesn't want to be heel. Where's that brash, arrogant asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunkie View Post
    I saw him more as a reluctant heel. The way they played it out, i feel like Cm Punk doesn't want to be heel. Where's that brash, arrogant asshole?
    This is what is lacking for that heel turn. He could get booed from the crowd for attacking The Rock but he won't get heat if he doesn't have those qualities.

This is what is lacking for that heel turn. He could get booed from the crowd for attacking The Rock but he won't get heat if he doesn't have those qualities.
    I also noticed his commentary wasn't as great as the real heel CM Punk. I hated when he tried to explain his comments from earlier to lawler. Why are you explaining? You do what you do because YOU CAN! Heels don't need to explain a damn thing.

-Punk Turns Heel. Still get complaints from Fans.-

Really?! REALLY?! lol, But seriously, Punk will be alright, when he was the Straight Edge Savior, he was always doing this kinda stuff, but more stylish, so I KINDA understand where you come from, but just give it time and see what comes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RatedRorayJames View Post
    -Punk Turns Heel. Still get complaints from Fans.-

Really?! REALLY?! lol, But seriously, Punk will be alright, when he was the Straight Edge Savior, he was always doing this kinda stuff, but more stylish, so I KINDA understand where you come from, but just give it time and see what comes out of it.
    I agree with you. I even said that it may be to early to bitch about it. I just feel like the way they went about it this week right after the turn was like a seriously kind of thing. But I like many have been wanting a heel turn for a while. Just a little more edgy if that makes sense. But we will see as time unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by tombstone13 View Post
    I agree with you. I even said that it may be to early to bitch about it. I just feel like the way they went about it this week right after the turn was like a seriously kind of thing. But I like many have been wanting a heel turn for a while. Just a little more edgy if that makes sense. But we will see as time unfolds.
    Yeah bro, it makes sense, I just don't like people who complain after a few segments within 1 night, its okay if like, she did like 2 matches and 3 segments, but what did he get, like 2-3 segments? I try and not do this, but I let people know when they do it, lol, sorry if it sounds rude.