Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    CM Punk is continuing to do an amazing job as a heel. His promo with Mic Foley was really great. I think he'll turn back to a face after Wrestlemania 29 but I really want him to stay as a heel for as long as he can because hes really delivering with these awesome heel promos.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    CM Punk is continuing to do an amazing job as a heel. His promo with Mic Foley was really great. I think he'll turn back to a face after Wrestlemania 29 but I really want him to stay as a heel for as long as he can because hes really delivering with these awesome heel promos.
    CM Punk Vs Mick Foley was a dream match of mine, more so than stone cold vs Cm punk (my opinion) so when I saw CM Punk and Mick Foley in the ring I probably marked out more than anybody.

I know this is a little off topic, but did anyone else in the UK pre-order CM Punk's Blu-ray/DVD? I did and mine arrived today from Silverscreen.

CM Punk vs Foley is a match I would like to see.

Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

I don't like Punk a heel. But then I don't like Del Rio or Dolph either. I would like to see a match between Ryback and Punk just to take Punk down a bit. He has way too much ego.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tellstarcookie View Post
    I don't like Punk a heel. But then I don't like Del Rio or Dolph either. I would like to see a match between Ryback and Punk just to take Punk down a bit. He has way too much ego.
    I can understand why people don't really like Punk as a heel. At first, I didn't want him to turn heel because I thought his face run was great with him putting on fantastic matches with Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho. He even put on a great feud with Alberto Del Rio. His popularity as a top babyface was amazing and was something fresh that the WWE needed for a LONG time. I thought him turning heel would be a bad idea business wise since hes so damn popular.

But as a heel, hes cutting awesome promos, his program with Paul Heyman is so entertaining, and hes the best heel in the WWE since Edge's heel run. The guy as a heel is genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Having seen Punk twice as a heel live - once at a House show at the Cow Palace in San Fran when he was doing the Straight Edge Society gimmick - and last night - I gotta say that Punk LOVES being a heel - it oozes off of him live. Last night the crowd really wanted to like him and he worked his ass off to turn that around - very effectively too.

I was amazed at the transformation by the end of the show when he went full-on cowardly heel and there was NOBODY in the arena that was clapping or cheering for him - wall-to-wall boos.

At that Cow Palace show, he got people so revved up, people were taking batteries out of their cameras to throw at the heel faction - Edge had to get people to chill out - the Cow Palace gets rowdy crowds, needless to say.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    I know this is a little off topic, but did anyone else in the UK pre-order CM Punk's Blu-ray/DVD? I did and mine arrived today from Silverscreen.

CM Punk vs Foley is a match I would like to see.
    Thanks for making me aware that it was already out, can't say I paid too much attention to the release date.
    Once you've given it a proper watch can you post letting me know whether it is worth watching?
    If so it's straight on my Christmas list XD.

Back on topic, I would of personally preferred him to be portrayed as a less cowardly heel. He plays it very well considering how he's been instructed to act, but I can't remember too many completely credible heel WWE champions in recent times. Although if i'm wrong about that last point please do correct me .

Angry Will the real CM Punk please stand up

So all signs point to cm punk holding the wwe title for an entire year which I think is a huge feat considering how fickle the writers are to temperamental fans always wanting change. I like the punk character and I appreciate Phil brooks the man not with the same respect as a john cena but I still pull for the anti establishment guy. I'm a little worried if his character is reaching an plateau and the only criticism I have is he has devolved into the cowardly heel. That isn't punk. He's always been a strong personality and shouldn't be made to look so weak. The champion whether he's a face or heel should be dominant because the champion is supposed to be the best in the company not some clown that cheats to hold onto the title with rehashed Danny Davis routines. Punk needs to be himself, it's what made the fans get behind him in the first place. If he's a heel then be a cm punk heel not this mockery.

End rant
    "The champ is here" - John Cena

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Axehandle View Post
    So all signs point to cm punk holding the wwe title for an entire year which I think is a huge feat considering how fickle the writers are to temperamental fans always wanting change. I like the punk character and I appreciate Phil brooks the man not with the same respect as a john cena but I still pull for the anti establishment guy. I'm a little worried if his character is reaching an plateau and the only criticism I have is he has devolved into the cowardly heel. That isn't punk. He's always been a strong personality and shouldn't be made to look so weak. The champion whether he's a face or heel should be dominant because the champion is supposed to be the best in the company not some clown that cheats to hold onto the title with rehashed Danny Davis routines. Punk needs to be himself, it's what made the fans get behind him in the first place. If he's a heel then be a cm punk heel not this mockery.

End rant
    Please point out what makes him look weak. Most of the heels in the WWE current and past have cheated to hold onto the title. Heels cheat and faces don't (well most of the time) that's how it's always been. CM Punk is a heel CM Punk not a mockery.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Flair used to "punk-out" (how ironic!) all the time and we think he's the worst champion in history!

Oh wait, he's what?