Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Viacom are being such babies.

I don't even watch TNA but Viacom needs to take a midol and change their diaper for thinking it's a good idea to pull out of directv unless they pay them more for a channel no one cares about (epix). It's reminiscent of the big writer's strike a few years back.Grow up and be professional Viacom!

Both sides are being greedy assholes. Always happens in these situations.

Blog Entries
    Its total bullshit. I enjoy a few shows on MTV, a lot on Comedy Central and Spike, and the occasional show on CMT. Just sucks big time.

I don't have a horse in this race BUT providers are staring to get screwed. Viacom sucks minus Spike....they can keep the rest of their channels.

Ah yes the corporate side of TV ruining everything for the little guy *shakes fist*

You can watch TNA online live while its on. Inbox me if you wanna know how to watch. I watched it last week with no problems, while Viacom and DTV are bitch fighting. I'll be online for the next few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Both sides are being greedy assholes. Always happens in these situations.
    This is the TRUEST Statement you'll ever read on the subject. I've had Direct for 10 years & this sh*t totally sucks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiDeathBat View Post
    I don't even watch TNA but Viacom needs to take a midol and change their diaper for thinking it's a good idea to pull out of directv unless they pay them more for a channel no one cares about (epix). It's reminiscent of the big writer's strike a few years back.Grow up and be professional Viacom!
    You seem to have little to no grasp on the situation. The fact is, the amount that they are asking for fits in with the viewership increase for the channels that they offer (They have several) DirectTV is just pissy because they are trying to compete with Comcast (Xfinity, or whatever shitty name it is this week) and they really cant, simply because Comcast owns a great deal of stations, and therefore can put out a cheaper product. These cost cutting abilities have forced Direct TV to deal rather closely with their providers, as they are trying to pay everyone as little as possible. It's been going on for close to 5 years now, but the merger between Comcast and Universal/MBC made it much worse, so much so that most providers are not even getting the standard increases come contract renewal time.

Viacom made the right move here, they have been receiving dick for years despite their stations' ratings. More than that though, they needed to actually stand up for themselves and the other smaller stations that have basically been forced to drop the soap for 5 years.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

It will be on direct tv next week issue is now resolved

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monctonvike View Post
    It will be on direct tv next week issue is now resolved
    Have you got a source for this news mate?