Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cody Rhodes, an afterthought? (Spoiler)

This week, Cody Rhodes did not appear on neither RAW and SmackDown this week and instead was relegated to WWE Superstars against Alex Riley.

It looks like Rhodes' feud with Christian is over for the time being as I see Christian facing maybe Tensai for the Intercontinental Championship on Monday Night RAW's 1000th show.

With that being said, what do you think the future holds for Rhodes now that WWE Creative apparently has nothing for him at this point?

Fresh Member
    I still see him as a World Champion in the future regardless of whether Creative has nothing for him right now.

unfortunatly, i dont think there is a place for him in summerslam, maybe in the tag division pairing with someone, or some kind of pointless feud. after summerslam probably could have another ic run

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel View Post
    This week, Cody Rhodes did not appear on neither RAW and SmackDown this week and instead was relegated to WWE Superstars against Alex Riley.

It looks like Rhodes' feud with Christian is over for the time being as I see Christian facing maybe Tensai for the Intercontinental Championship on Monday Night RAW's 1000th show.

With that being said, what do you think the future holds for Rhodes now that WWE Creative apparently has nothing for him at this point?
    Rhodes probably won't be the opponent for christian on monday, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. If he doesn't get an I.C. title shot they might throw him at santino to revitalize the U.S. title and his place in WWE.

Blog Entries
    While I'm not happy about him being tossed in the Superstars' closet, a running feud with Alex Riley could be another feather in Rhodes' cap - and beneficial to both parties. A-Ry needs more exposure, a chance to really showcase himself and show us what his character really is - beyond just "generic good guy." Rhodes could use another serious feud - something to keep him sharp and whet his appetite for another title run. I can see A-Ry being game competition for Cody - and I definitely believe both men have the goods to put in some good ringwork. The only glaring concern I could see with this would be Alex's promo skills. I haven't gotten to see a lot of them (if anyone has, let me know) and hope that he doesn't bomb it. Maybe let Rhodes handle most of the talking: he can draw heat and in turn boost A-Ry's face status. In my opinion.

The Star Signs
    IWA - JBW - TWE - BITW

Sagittarius Blue - 1st Ever JBW United States Champion

#WhereIsPiscesPink

WWE Fed...
    Kharma/Awesome Kong
    Lei'D Tapa, The Queen of the Rings
    Kenny King, The Prettyboy Pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchair1986 View Post
    Rhodes probably won't be the opponent for christian on monday, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. If he doesn't get an I.C. title shot they might throw him at santino to revitalize the U.S. title and his place in WWE.
    We shall see. After all, Rhodes did have a brief feud with Santino Marella heading into Over the Limit. I don't expect Rhodes to compete at SummerSlam but after all the Brock Lesnar-Triple H hoopla, then Rhodes may get a storyline with Santino for the US title and should Rhodes win the US title, then he could reignite his feud against Christian for the reunification of the IC and US title belts. But for now, expect Rhodes to make sporadic appearances which may very well include Rhodes not appearing on RAW's 1000th show.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel View Post
    We shall see. After all, Rhodes did have a brief feud with Santino Marella heading into Over the Limit. I don't expect Rhodes to compete at SummerSlam but after all the Brock Lesnar-Triple H hoopla, then Rhodes may get a storyline with Santino for the US title and should Rhodes win the US title, then he could reignite his feud against Christian for the reunification of the IC and US title belts. But for now, expect Rhodes to make sporadic appearances which may very well include Rhodes not appearing on RAW's 1000th show.
    Blasphemy. And yet, I can see it happening. Hope I'm wrong though...

The Star Signs
    IWA - JBW - TWE - BITW

Sagittarius Blue - 1st Ever JBW United States Champion

#WhereIsPiscesPink

WWE Fed...
    Kharma/Awesome Kong
    Lei'D Tapa, The Queen of the Rings
    Kenny King, The Prettyboy Pitbull

Blog Entries
    For the time being, they could have Cody on the 1000th Raw and then his dad shows up and gives him advice or something. It's not out of the question, as Dusty Rhodes is the GM of NXT, so making an appearance on Raw shouldn't be that hard.

But as for his future in wrestling, he should be put into a feud with Christian again, as that didn't really get a good ending. But if Sandow is feuding with Christian for the IC title, like I expect, then I'd like to see Orton vs Rhodes again, but this time with Rhodes getting more wins. It will give both Orton and Rhodes something to before they're moved to the main event.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about Dusty Rhodes. He has been rumored to be appearing on RAW's 1000th episode but so far, only The Rock and Bret Hart are advertised for the show. We shall wait and see.

Blog Entries
    While I'm not happy about him being tossed in the Superstars' closet, a running feud with Alex Riley could be another feather in Rhodes' cap - and beneficial to both parties. A-Ry needs more exposure, a chance to really showcase himself and show us what his character really is - beyond just "generic good guy." Rhodes could use another serious feud - something to keep him sharp and whet his appetite for another title run. I can see A-Ry being game competition for Cody - and I definitely believe both men have the goods to put in some good ringwork. The only glaring concern I could see with this would be Alex's promo skills. I haven't gotten to see a lot of them (if anyone has, let me know) and hope that he doesn't bomb it. Maybe let Rhodes handle most of the talking: he can draw heat and in turn boost A-Ry's face status. In my opinion.
    I think the other way round abt A-Ry..I think he can handle Rhodes on mic but I doubt his in-ring skills..ofcourse I do not regularily watch Superstars or NXT..so I don't know how much he's improved in the ring...but, I feel he can deliver good promos...after all he's the rookie of MIZ..:P