Thread: Nxt 2012

Nxt 2012

So I have been reading the Nxt review since last 3 weeks and I must say its way better than what the RAW or SmackDown gives to the viewers. The commentary team of Ross and Saxton build up every character right from who they are and what their character is.
    They do have squash matches (the last week one had a loads of them) but unlike RAW (the ones with Ryback) they are filled with a lot of offence by the winner and the loser shows his persona by selling them nicely.
    The introduction of Sofia Cortez and Paige and their match revived the women's division which is currently lacking in the E.
    Lastly Kassius Ohno debut, that was one bright way to put someone on screen and man he had the whole crowd on his palm.
    So, my question is that if the creative can make such entertaining matches and promos on Nxt den why not on their main shows?? What's stopping them?
    Or is it that Ross and Regal are handling the direction of Nxt, creative included?
    Last edited by ajstyless; 07-06-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ajstyless View Post
    So I have been reading the Nxt review since last 3 weeks and I must say its way better than what the RAW or SmackDown gives to the viewers. The commentary team of Ross and Saxton build up every character right from who they are and what their character is.
    They do have squash matches (the last week one had a loads of them) but unlike RAW (the ones with Ryback) they are filled with a lot of offence by the winner and the loser shows his persona by selling them nicely.
    The introduction of Sofia Cortez and Paige and their match revived the women's division which is currently lacking in the E.
    Lastly Kassius Ohno debut, that was one bright way to put someone on screen and man he had the whole crowd on his palm.
    So, my question is that if the creative can make such entertaining matches and promos on Nxt den why not on their main shows?? What's stopping them?
    Or is it that Ross and Regal are handling the direction of Nxt, creative included?
    ... Huh. Good question...

The Star Signs
    IWA - JBW - TWE - BITW

Sagittarius Blue - 1st Ever JBW United States Champion

#WhereIsPiscesPink

WWE Fed...
    Kharma/Awesome Kong
    Lei'D Tapa, The Queen of the Rings
    Kenny King, The Prettyboy Pitbull

I think the new season of NXT is excellent but has one major flaw:

Taping so many episodes all in one night is hurting the show for me. The first episode, the crowd was JACKED
    The second episode the crowd was a bit more subdued
    This episode you saw people streaming in and out, be it for bathroom breaks, drinks, whatever. It looked TERRIBLE. Even worse with it being in a small arena. No matter how good the action is its hard to keep ANYONE'S attention for 4 hours straight, especially with a lot of new talent who nobody has seen before.

Apart from this, which I guess can't be helped, I think NXT is excellent. Already a big fan of Rollins, Carter and Graves, Wyatt (without having a match) and Ohno, despite the latters name REALLY sucking hard (When they see Kassius...they say....OHNO!...*cringe*)
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

Blog Entries
    I was catching up on the new NXT episodes this week. It looks to be a great show, almost as good as FCW. Those promos weren't anything special though - they were just to introduce the "new" wrestlers, and when the wrestlers won their match they would say something like "I'm going to the top!" WWE could easily do this, but its nothing big.

The matches however are great! Even though last week had 6 squash matches, they were packed with action, allowing both the talent to showcase some of their skills. They also managed to put over the main guys on NXT - Seth Rollins, Cesaro, Kidd, Mcgillicutty, Bateman, Curtis, Kruger, Bo, Steamboat and The Ascension. Haven't seen any divas yet though..I take it they're debuting this week? I'll have to watch it.

The only downside to the new NXT is that it doesn't air on tv for most people, and is only an hour long. Looking forward to watching it on a weekly basis from now on.

The opening match on this weeks NXT was a Divas match. Paige v Cortez. Was a fairly decent match, although Paige over sold Cortez's DDT finisher a bit too much. Only downside of the match really

To answer your question, I think it's because there is no established story or standard in NXT. It's not at a level with its wrestlers that it's audience is familiar with them and expects certain things from them. Before you say you are the audience and you want the unexpected, remember that the target audience is much younger and so they differ from you and me. NXT can take chances that RAW and Smackdown can't because it's not looking at any major loss in sales in doing so.
    Why Tebow when you can Beltre instead?

Quote Originally Posted by ajstyless View Post
    i agree if the main two shows actually put the same effort that looks to be going into NxT then i could easily see raw getting back into the 4.0 zone whilst smackdown might get into the high 2.0s or even low 3.0s .

on a side not since i cannot figure out how to ,, how do you actually post something here cause i only know how to blog??
    Last edited by XxJPPRxX; 07-06-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
    To answer your question, I think it's because there is no established story or standard in NXT. It's not at a level with its wrestlers that it's audience is familiar with them and expects certain things from them. Before you say you are the audience and you want the unexpected, remember that the target audience is much younger and so they differ from you and me. NXT can take chances that RAW and Smackdown can't because it's not looking at any major loss in sales in doing so.

Very good answer.

In fairness, I think the last few weeks Raw has picked up a little, and last weeks Smackdown was top notch, GAB Smackdown not so much, but still some decent MITB qualifier matches

Quote Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
    I agree on your point about the target audience but would differ on your saying that there is no established storyline.. I assume the main event are running on a story line mode and the commentators fill in the audience during other matches about who they are as well as sometimes d purpose behind the match (for example why Hunico and Camacho are together.. Ross: Apparently, Hunico was getting beat up by a gang when one of the gang members stabbed him. Camacho then showed up, grabbed the guy that had stabbed Hunico and bit his nose off.) This keeps people glued into the matches and refrain them from channel surfing.