Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Happenings

Blog Entries
    From that whole fight card I've only ever heard of Faber.

Need to get my UFC knowledge up.

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

Blog Entries
    Guillard is fighting again so soon?

Blog Entries
    This Saturday is UFC on Fox - Shogun vs. Vera, this fight card holds the future as far as title shots go for the Light-Heavyweight Division that is. Dana White has publicly stated "When the fans speak, we listen. So whoever scores the best win, whoever gets the fans excited by going out there on Saturday and looking the most impressive, he will get the winner of Jones vs. Henderson. It is down to what these four guys do Saturday night in the Octagon. Winning isn’t enough, they’ve got to win impressively. Any one of these four fighters can take things into their own hands and make a title shot happen.” In this statement, Dana is talking about these four fighters:

1. Shogun Rua
    2. Brandon Vera
    3. Loyoto Machida
    4. Ryan Bader

All of these fighters have great striking and wrestling/submission and ground & pound skills. Dana and the fans don't want a point decision victory, NO - he and we are looking for a very impressive and decisive finish to these fights. The upcoming fight between Dan Henderson and Jon Jones should be a great fight, and the UFC is looking to follow it up with another great Title fight. So my question to all of you is; who do you think will earn the title shot, and why? Personally I'd like to see some new blood in the title hunt with either Vera or Bader as each has worked their butts' off to get here. However I can see Rua getting the shot as he was impressive in his quick knockout of Forrest Griffin in his last fight.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    This Saturday is UFC on Fox - Shogun vs. Vera, this fight card holds the future as far as title shots go for the Light-Heavyweight Division that is. Dana White has publicly stated "When the fans speak, we listen. So whoever scores the best win, whoever gets the fans excited by going out there on Saturday and looking the most impressive, he will get the winner of Jones vs. Henderson. It is down to what these four guys do Saturday night in the Octagon. Winning isn’t enough, they’ve got to win impressively. Any one of these four fighters can take things into their own hands and make a title shot happen.” In this statement, Dana is talking about these four fighters:

1. Shogun Rua
    2. Brandon Vera
    3. Loyoto Machida
    4. Ryan Bader

All of these fighters have great striking and wrestling/submission and ground & pound skills. Dana and the fans don't want a point decision victory, NO - he and we are looking for a very impressive and decisive finish to these fights. The upcoming fight between Dan Henderson and Jon Jones should be a great fight, and the UFC is looking to follow it up with another great Title fight. So my question to all of you is; who do you think will earn the title shot, and why? Personally I'd like to see some new blood in the title hunt with either Vera or Bader as each has worked their butts' off to get here. However I can see Rua getting the shot as he was impressive in his quick knockout of Forrest Griffin in his last fight.
    He is my guy!!

I got in to UFC because of his first fight with Shogun and his been my favourite since, even though he keeps on loosing now ... He would've knocked the fuck out off Rampage if the stupid fight wasn't 3 rounds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    He is my guy!!

I got in to UFC because of his first fight with Shogun and his been my favourite since, even though he keeps on loosing now ... He would've knocked the fuck out off Rampage if the stupid fight wasn't 3 rounds.
    Machida vs. Jones could be a very interesting fight indeed. Machida can strike very well and his Jiu-Jitsu and submission skills are good as well, it's surprising to me that most fighters in the UFC look past this guy alot. This is a mistake that Rampage made, I hope Bader doesn't make that same mistake and we get a fight of the year candidate.

Ronda Rousey

Machida vs. Jones could be a very interesting fight indeed. Machida can strike very well and his Jiu-Jitsu and submission skills are good as well, it's surprising to me that most fighters in the UFC look past this guy alot. This is a mistake that Rampage made, I hope Bader doesn't make that same mistake and we get a fight of the year candidate.
    The only guy who can beat Jones is Silva but we will never see that match

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    The only guy who can beat Jones is Silva but we will never see that match
    That's a dream match we all want to see, but most likely never will. As far as tonights UFC matches go, it looks to be a pretty good card:

MAIN CARD (FOX)

Light Heavyweight: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Brandon Vera

Light Heavyweight: Lyoto Machida vs. Ryan Bader

Lightweight: Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner

Welterweight: Mike Swick vs. DaMarques Johnson

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)

Featherweight: Cole Miller vs. Nam Phan

Light Heavyweight: Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado

Featherweight: Josh Grispi vs. Rani Yahya

Heavyweight: Phil De Fries vs. Oli Thompson

Featherweight: Manvel Gamburyan vs. Michihiro Omigawa

Flyweight: John Moraga vs. Ulysses Gomez

It should be an entertaining night for UFC fights. (The preceding fight card was made possible from fightline.com.)

Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    You going to do a prediction contest?

Blog Entries
    You going to do a prediction contest?
    Not with this one, it seems that we get more people to join on the PPV ones, otherwise there would be a contest about every two weeks. If you can get enough people to agree to join in on these free UFC events, then PM me and I'll set up the contest.

Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Not with this one, it seems that we get more people to join on the PPV ones, otherwise there would be a contest about every two weeks. If you can get enough people to agree to join in on these free UFC events, then PM me and I'll set up the contest.
    I hear ya.