Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Happenings

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, the only ones with anything to gain here are the fans. Either way Dana/UFC loses if Silva and Jones meet. Sure, they'll make big money but someone will lose and that will spell the beginning of the end for at least on UFC cash cow. A cow that they can effectively keep milking for a lot longer if fed guys that probably won't beat them. But when it comes to Silva, Jones and GSP - it'd be like killing the goose that lays the golden egg for it's meat. Fights like this happen in the twilight of careers now.....UFC has changed in that regard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Unfortunately, the only ones with anything to gain here are the fans. Either way Dana/UFC loses if Silva and Jones meet. Sure, they'll make big money but someone will lose and that will spell the beginning of the end for at least on UFC cash cow. A cow that they can effectively keep milking for a lot longer if fed guys that probably won't beat them. But when it comes to Silva, Jones and GSP - it'd be like killing the goose that lays the golden egg for it's meat. Fights like this happen in the twilight of careers now.....UFC has changed in that regard.
    Cash cows are cows for a reason, they have to be milked the shit out of with the share they have in the market. Silva has had too many of these fights where he's basically fed jobbers for a PPV to have decent amount of buyrates, fans are getting restless and he needs to be put in a fight with GSP or Jones. There's too much money and potential growth for UFC to keep these guys apart for any longer. I mean they've talked about putting GSP/Silva for like fucking 2 years now, it's always let him beat this guy and we'll see what happens next.

Blog Entries
    After all the talk of these "super fights" over the last couple of years, the UFC needs to make one of these match ups happen and fairly soon before they lose their appeal to the crowd/fans.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries

UFC 152 News

From Bloody Elbow: http://Bisping thinks Vitor Belfort ...top Jon Jones.

I'm not sure if I believe Bisping here, but we'll soon find out as UFC 152 is this Saturday.

P.S. : I'll have the UFC 152 prediction contest up later today or tomorrow morning for those interested in joining in.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

A mighty beard Jones has.

Kimbones Jones.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    So I see they've announced Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen as coaches for a new season of The Ultimate Fighter. Should be quite interesting

Strikeforce cancelled two events one the row.The yonly had 5 events this year.Oh yes Strikeforce its not dead

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Griffin/Bonnar now rumored to take place at UFC 155 since Sonnen is now going to be fighting Jones. I hope Bonnar smashes Forrest!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    Griffin/Bonnar now rumored to take place at UFC 155 since Sonnen is now going to be fighting Jones. I hope Bonnar smashes Forrest!
    I'm a fan of both Bonnar and Forrest so it's win/win for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I'm a fan of both Bonnar and Forrest so it's win/win for me.
    I used to be a fan of Forrest, but he just went downhill for me after that fight with Silva then acted like a douche after his 3rd fight with Tito.