Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: UFC Happenings

It looks like the legend of Conor McGregor continues on for a little while longer. I am really glad he won because his fights bring so much extra attention to UFC. The place I go to watch the fight gets about three times the normal amount of people every time he is on the card. Many of the people there do not even watch the UFC outside of supporting Conor's fights. I think getting into a five round dog fight and really having to gut it out is a good thing for him as a fighter since so many of his fight are relatively short. It was a razor thin victory, but I think the judges made the right decision.

I think Rumble Johnson knock out power even eclipses fighters in the heavyweight division. I was really surprised Glover came out and tried to trade blows with him. If he can neutralize Daniel Cormier's wrestling even a little bit and keep some distance I think he has a solid shot at getting the belt the next time they meet.

CM Punk finally fights on September 10th. I watched the Evolution of Punk documentary UFC is doing about him and he looked really tired and overwhelmed at the start of his training, but I guess that is to be expected. If he could put on a good fight and at least survive a few rounds I think that would be pretty inspiring and enough to keep people interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    It looks like the legend of Conor McGregor continues on for a little while longer. I am really glad he won because his fights bring so much extra attention to UFC. The place I go to watch the fight gets about three times the normal amount of people every time he is on the card. Many of the people there do not even watch the UFC outside of supporting Conor's fights. I think getting into a five round dog fight and really having to gut it out is a good thing for him as a fighter since so many of his fight are relatively short. It was a razor thin victory, but I think the judges made the right decision.

I think Rumble Johnson knock out power even eclipses fighters in the heavyweight division. I was really surprised Glover came out and tried to trade blows with him. If he can neutralize Daniel Cormier's wrestling even a little bit and keep some distance I think he has a solid shot at getting the belt the next time they meet.

CM Punk finally fights on September 10th. I watched the Evolution of Punk documentary UFC is doing about him and he looked really tired and overwhelmed at the start of his training, but I guess that is to be expected. If he could put on a good fight and at least survive a few rounds I think that would be pretty inspiring and enough to keep people interested.

CM punk is gonna get washed up and beat down imo

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post

CM punk is gonna get washed up and beat down imo

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Enjoyed the recent UFC show. Some really good fights.

Impressive win for the newcomer in the opening bout, he beat up the Korean pretty good and looked like he has some real potential.

Rumble Johnson, wow, that's what he's all about. Absolute knock out power for real. If he can work on his wrestling a bit and his take down defense then he has a good chance to beat DC this time around.

Main Event was awesome! I'm no fan of Conor, I think he's a good fighter but he's overrated for me and if you take away his WWE style persona, he's quite average in my opinion. He was blowing hard in the second round and pretty much ran out of idea's early on, I think if Diaz didn't have so much scar tissue around his face and suffer from bleeding so much like he does, he would have won the match but his vision was pretty impaired in the end. All that said though and I did tip Conor to win the rematch and on my own scorecard I had him in a narrow victory so fair play to the guy. However in a narrow win, to then go back to being an absolute cocky twat and say how the king is back when in people's eyes it was a toss of a coin victory and having lost the first fight.. I though it was a joke.

Finally it looks like we're going to see CM Punk fight. I'm excited too see it go down. I'm split.. part of me who used to love Punk in the WWE would love to see him win and do well, while the other part of me that hates the way he left and how he took his ball and went home would love to see him get battered. All that said, he's got a no joke opponent it seems and so it's going to be tough.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

WWE:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

PWR:
    1x Women's Champion - Akira Tajiri
    Female of the Year 2015 - Akira Tajiri

Blog Entries
    Yeah I had Diaz winning that fight. But UFC is all bullshit politic promotions now.