Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Happenings

So i met a sports reporter for a daily newspaper(not local one) and i started talking to him about Costa Philippou and how no one knows a thing about him here in Cyprus. And he gave me the chance to make an article about him and use it next week

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    The UFC's next major event is just 11 days away, and the promotional push is underway for "UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz." This is one of the most sought after fights in MMA right now. "There's a lot of animosity," St-Pierre said. "I'm the one who's got the belt. I'm the one who has the title. That's why they tried to pick a fight with me." In addition to the PPV main card, the 13-bout lineup also includes prelims on FX and Facebook.

The full UFC 158 lineup includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz - for welterweight title
    Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt
    Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring
    Colin Fletcher vs. Mike Ricci

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)

Patrick Cote vs. Bobby Voelker
    Antonio Carvalho vs. Darren Elkins
    Jordan Mein vs. Dan Miller
    Daron Cruickshank vs. John Makdessi

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:05 p.m. ET)

Quinn Mulhern vs. Rick Story
    TJ Dillashaw vs. Issei Tamura
    Johnny Eduardo vs. Yves Jabouin
    Reuben Duran vs. George Roop

Hopefully GSP doesn't try to turn this fight into a point war. I look for Diaz to come out strong and taunt GSP being the more aggressive of the two. Will Diaz's aggressiveness and unorthodoxed style be too much for GSP? Or will GSP out smart Diaz? Find out March 16, 2013 @ UFC 158: GSP vs Diaz - on PPV/FX/& Facebook.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    I read that earlier today from Wikipedia I'm hopping for a Hunt win

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries

**UPDATE!!** for UFC on FUEL TV 9!

This just confirmed!

Alexander Gustafsson out, Ilir Latifi in Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 9 main event.

*Source - MMA Junkie*: The Swedish MMA Federation today announced that Alexander Gustafsson has not been cleared to fight at Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 9 event due to his facial cut which he suffered during a recent training session. Gustafsson was slated to headline his second UFC event in his home country – and would have been in good standing for top contendership for the light heavyweight title with a win. A timetable hasn't been given for his return.

UFC officials confirmed that the Mousasi-Latifi fight, while still a headliner, will be just three rounds due to the short notice for Latifi. Latifi comes into his UFC debut on a three-fight win streak, all of which took place in 2012. "The Sledgehammer" has five of his seven career wins by stoppage. His most recent loss came at the hands of recent Bellator MMA light heavyweight tournament winner Emanuel Newton under the Shark Fights banner in July 2011. That bout was his first outside of Europe. From a size standpoint, Mousasi will be facing an opponent with a significant size difference than Gustafsson. Gustafsson stands 6-foot-4, while Latifi checks in at just 5-8 against the 6-1 Mousasi.
    The new UFC on FUEL TV 9 card includes:

MAIN CARD (FUEL TV, 2 p.m. ET)

- Ilir Latifi vs. Gegard Mousasi
    - Ryan Couture vs. Ross Pearson
    - Philip De Fries vs. Matt Mitrione
    - Mike Easton vs. Brad Pickett
    - Diego Brandao vs. Pablo Garza
    - Akira Corassani vs. Robert Peralta

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 11 a.m. ET)

- Michael Johnson vs. Reza Madadi
    - Adam Cella vs. Tor Troeng
    - Adlan Amagov vs. Chris Spang
    - Marcus Brimage vs. Conor McGregor
    - Ben Alloway vs. Ryan LaFlare
    - Michael Kuiper vs. Tom Lawlor
    - Papy Abedi vs. Besam Yousef

The Swedish MMA Federation (SMMAF) has stated on April 2, 2013 that:

"The SMMAF Medical Committee has today reviewed the circumstances regarding Gustafsson and his injury," a statement read. "The SMMAF Medical Committee recognizes that a competitor cannot be medically cleared earlier than the day before the match.

"However, bearing in mind that a correct medical examination that met the regulatory demands has been performed, nothing in the SMMAF regulations hinders the SMMAF Medical Committee from making a decision to stop Gustafsson from competing. As it is clear that Alexander Gustafsson will not be fit to compete as planned and cannot be medically cleared on Friday the 5th of April, the SMMAF Medical Committee has today decided that Alexander Gustafsson will not be allowed to participate in the planned match."
    The SMMAF is Sweden's local regulatory body that governs medical clearance for fighting among other things for sports in Sweden.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

I'm very excited for the TUF finale Saturday night. Anybody else?
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    I'm very excited for the TUF finale Saturday night. Anybody else?
    Im always excited for UFC events. I look forward to these more then WWE shows nowadays.

Blog Entries
    See now if UFC had this...

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

So apparently GSP has his choice as to who he wants to fight next either Anderson Silva or Jonny Hendricks.

Hendricks is gonna be irrate if he's not chosen. He should've gotten GSP before Diaz and was put aside now to get put aside again...that's just gonna send the man over the edge lol.