Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 36 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Happenings

Blog Entries
    Perhaps they need divisional IC titles? lol

Rampage was released or retired?

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Rampage was released or retired?
    His final fight on his contract was against Glover. He didn't want to re-sign with the UFC as he has some rifs with Dana and whatnot. I know Rampage made some claims about the UFC lying about PPV buys and some other things. I'm not so sure Dana would've re-signed him anyways as he lost 3 straight fights. (Jones, Bader, Glover)

Page can't compete anymore at the level he used to due to his age but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up elsewhere like Bellator or World Series of Fighting.

Blog Entries
    Seems to me that Dana loves to burn a bridge or two. UFC is pretty ruthless with guys who are no longer going to earn them the big bucks - look at the turbulent relationship between UFC and Randy Couture. It's been like that for years according to Randy and whenever he'd climb back to the top Dana would kiss his ass publicly. I understand it's a business but I think there's plenty of money to be made promoting dream fights and grudge matches long after these guys stop being contenders. But hey, some other promotion may get onto that.

Blog Entries

Belfort vs Rockhold is a fight that I'm really interested to see

Also Philippou vs Souza should be good

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Just got done with 157. First full female fight I've ever watched. It's not a surprise, just a first time opinion: they were good, pretty fast paced stuff. Rousey's definitely got that million-dollar smile. Every win by arm-bar? Almost as good as Alberto Del Rio.

Blog Entries
    Source: MMAJunkie

Matt Riddle helped the UFC out as they continue to release fighters to clean up the active roster, failing a post-fight drug test. Riddle confirmed with MMAjunkie.com Radio that he has been cut by the promotion. Riddle (8-3) has spent his entire pro MMA career inside the Octagon, including a recent win over Che Mills at UFC On FUEL TV: Barao Vs. McDonald. That result will likely be changed due to the failed test. Mills was released following the loss, as well. Riddle confirmed that he tested positive again for marijuana, his second such failed test.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    Source: MMAJunkie

Matt Riddle helped the UFC out as they continue to release fighters to clean up the active roster, failing a post-fight drug test. Riddle confirmed with MMAjunkie.com Radio that he has been cut by the promotion. Riddle (8-3) has spent his entire pro MMA career inside the Octagon, including a recent win over Che Mills at UFC On FUEL TV: Barao Vs. McDonald. That result will likely be changed due to the failed test. Mills was released following the loss, as well. Riddle confirmed that he tested positive again for marijuana, his second such failed test.
    The interesting thing about Riddle though is that he uses it for medical reasons. I'm assuming you can't use it even for medical reasons even if your issued a medical marijuana card.