Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 34 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Happenings

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    I loved the fact that he said, he will never fight GSP and Jones

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Pretty excited for this season of TUF. We are gonna see one guy knock out someone and send him to the hospital. Dan said that was one of the best KOs he ever saw

There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries

Exclamation UFC 156 MEDICAL SUSPENSIONS + SUPER FIGHT on AUG 3, 2013!!

Thirteen fighters from this past weekend's UFC 156 event received medical suspensions, including fight winners Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Evan Dunham and Francisco Rivera. Handed down from the Nevada State Athletic Commission the following list is now Official:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: Suspended indefinitely until cleared by ophthalmologist for potential right eye injury

Frankie Edgar: Suspended until Aug. 2 for potential left orbital fracture, can be cleared early by a maxillofacial doctor following a CT scan; minimum suspension until April 4 with no contact in training until March 20

Francisco Rivera: Suspended until Aug. 2 for potential right hand/wrist injury, can be cleared early by an orthopedic doctor following an X-ray; minimum suspension until March 20 with no contact in training until March 5

Evan Dunham: Suspended until Aug. 2 for right orbital blowout fracture, can be cleared early by an ophthalmologist or plastic surgeon; minimum suspension until Feb. 24 with no contact in training until Feb. 17

Jay Hieron: Suspended until April 4 with no contact in training until March 20 for precautionary reasons

Alistair Overeem: Suspended until March 20 with no contact in training until March 5 for precautionary reasons

Antonio Silva: Suspended until March 5 with no contact in training until Feb. 24 due to chin laceration

Jacob Volkmann: Suspended until March 5 with no contact in training until Feb. 24 due to right eye contusion

Yves Edwards: Suspended until March 5 with no contact in training until Feb. 24 due to left eye laceration

Joseph Benavidez: Suspended until Feb. 24 with no contact in training until Feb. 17 due to forehead laceration

Gleison Tibau: Suspended until Feb. 24 with no contact in training until Feb. 17 for precautionary reasons

Chico Camus: Suspended until Feb. 24 with no contact in training until Feb. 17 for precautionary reasons

Edwin Figueroa: Suspended until Feb. 24 with no contact in training until Feb. 17 due to left eye laceration

---------------------------

Also in the news today there is going to be a Dream Super Fight that is taking place on Aug 3 of this year. Two of the most dynamic strikers in all of mixed martial arts will meet Aug. 3 as Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) is dropping from lightweight to 145 pounds to challenge current champion Jose Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) for the UFC featherweight title. UFC President Dana White has already booked the fight and had this to say:

"Two of the baddest dudes in the fight business are going to fight at 145 pounds," White said. "These guys are two of the most amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport. I am so pumped for this fight."
    White went on to say the company currently is seeking a venue for the as-yet-unannounced event and that sites in Texas, Chicago, Las Vegas and Rio de Janeiro are all under consideration. Aldo vs. Pettis is expected to headline the card. Anthony Pettis had a say in this decision as he stated:

"Aldo is a tremendous fighter," Pettis said. "I have all the respect in the world for his skills. I just want to be one of the best in the world, and the only way to do that is to beat the best."
    And:

"I wouldn't call him out if I didn't really feel confident I could beat him," Pettis said.
    Pettis was expected to challenge for the UFC lightweight title later this year against the winner of an April championship bout between current champ Henderson and Strikeforce import Gilbert Melendez. However, the Milwaukee native said he wasn't comfortable waiting around and instead will now face one of the sport's top pound-for-pound fighters.

"It's a superfight, and I want to be a part of these fights," Pettis said.
    Dana White said Pettis texted him following the pay-per-view card's main event, which saw Jose Aldo outpoint ex-lightweight champ Frankie Edgar by scores of 49-46, 49-46, 48-47. Pettis wanted to drop to featherweight to challenge the featherweight champ, who's now defended his belt four times. UFC featherweight Ricardo Lamas (13-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) is not very happy with this news as he tweeted:

"I should be next in line for that shot at Aldo"
    "I'm kind of sitting here like, 'What am I, a mirage?' That's exactly what I tweeted Dana White, actually,"
    Lamas said.
    "I'm just sitting here trying to figure out where I fit in in all of this."
    Today, Lamas stressed he would wait for Aldo for six months if asked to by the UFC, or he would take the title shot in three months. He also said he would take a main event or co-main event if the promotion decided to skip over him. But that's clearly not what he thinks is the right thing to do. At featherweight, he should be first.

"I've put in the work at 145 pounds,"
    Lamas said.
    "I've done everything I need to do, and I should be next in line for that shot."
    Yet the idea of Pettis vs Aldo was intriguing enough to White that he entertained the idea of instead putting Lamas in a fight with Chan Sung Jung. He clarified that "The Korean Zombie" was injured and could be out until spring, but he appeared open to the prospect of giving another standout lightweight an immediate featherweight title shot.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Really looking foward to Aldo vs Pettis. I personally think Pettis has a pretty good chance at beating Aldo.

Blog Entries

http://vendettafighter.com/news/cris...-ufc-contract/

Looks like we may never get to see Rousey vs Cyborg now. And it appears Dana jumped the gun with the way he introduced the women's division. Only 2 female fighters are signed as of right now. Not sure what his plan is but he's gonna have to come up with something quick as it's looking like a flop right now.

I just noticed that lol

Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    UFC makes it's return to London this Saturday with UFC on Fuel TV 7: Barao vs. McDonald. The event takes place @ Wembley Arena which has a seating capacity of 12,500. This marks the first of UFC's visits to England for the year 2013. If you happen to be in the area I would suggest to try to make it to the event. The last time the UFC was in England was @ UFC on Fuel TV 5 this last September.

I will be posting the UFC Contest within the next day or so. Keep watching the MMA section of the forum for the Contest and any updates.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Some really big fights have been set these past few days.

For UFC 160- Cain Velasquez vs Antonio Silva and Junior Dos Santos vs Allistair Overeem

For UFC on Fox 7- Clay Guida vs Chad Mendes

For TUF 17 Finale- Demetrious Johnson vs John Moraga, Gabriel Gonzaga vs Travis Browne, and Meisha Tate vs Cat Zingano