Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Happenings

Not taking anything from Cain, but that did not seem like the same Junior we all know and love. It was like someone stomped him in the nuts before the fight started.

Blog Entries
    He seemed different before the fight. In any case, Cain deserved that win. And it reminded me - as much as I loved Lesnar as a fighter, he would never have been able to grind out 5 rounds. These guys barely could. The 5 rounder really tests the heavyweights.

Yeah, even cardio Cain admitted that five rounds tested his limits. he definitely deserved the win. Junior's total lack of aggression boggles my mind, but I guess getting punched in the jaw early on could have had something to do with it. Not to mention that all the take downs probably destroyed his confidence.

Here's a summary of some misc. UFC news from the past few days.

1. Anderson Silva has signed a 10 fight deal with the UFC.

2. Michael Bisping should he defeat Vitor Belfort will in fact get the next shot at Anderson Silva's middleweight title.

3. Fabricio Werdrum should he defeat Big Nog next year will get a shot at the heavyweight title.

4. Daniel Cormier and Gilbert Melendez both could earn immediate shots at UFC titles when making the jump to the UFC.

5. Dana says Nate Marquardt most likely will be fighting in the UFC octagon again.

Blog Entries
    Rumor has it that George Roop is out, Yuri Alcantara now fights Pedro Nobre at UFC on FX 7. Also in the news, the new TUF 17 starts January 22 on FX @ 8 pm ET, the team captains are: Team Jon Jones and Team Chael Sonnen.

This will be one heck of a good TUF season.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries

Updated changes to the UFC on FX 7 card as injuries abound!

It's official, the UFC injury bug has struck again! George Roop who was filling in for Johnny Eduardo has been forced to withdraw, giving Yuri Alcantara his third fighter to prepare for in one Pedro Nobre (14-1-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) who is now the fill in for Roop. Also in the news, a torn bicep has forced Canadian Roger Hollett out of a planned appearance at next week's UFC on FX 7 event, and Wagner Prado (8-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) now reportedly meets UFC newcomer Ildemar Alcantara (17-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC) @ 205 Lbs, Hollett is expected to be cleared to fight again in April. That being said, a training injury has knocked Justin Salas (10-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) out of a preliminary-card fight against Edson Barboza (10-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) at "UFC on FX 7: Belfort vs. Bisping" later this month. Stepping in for Salas is UFC newcomer Lucas Martins (11-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

In other news, following a recent interview jibe between Bisping and Hector Lombard, Hector has now thrown his name in the hat for Dana to call if Vitor Belfort cannot compete. "I would love to fight Michael Bisping – he's said a lot of things about me lately and I want to settle it in the Octagon," Lombard said. If Belfort doesn't get hurt in preparation for the bout, Lombard said he'll want to meet the winner. However Bisping is lobbying hard for a title shot and it's yet to be seen if a win on January 19th will earn him one.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    It's official, the UFC injury bug has struck again! George Roop who was filling in for Johnny Eduardo has been forced to withdraw, giving Yuri Alcantara his third fighter to prepare for in one Pedro Nobre (14-1-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) who is now the fill in for Roop. Also in the news, a torn bicep has forced Canadian Roger Hollett out of a planned appearance at next week's UFC on FX 7 event, and Wagner Prado (8-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) now reportedly meets UFC newcomer Ildemar Alcantara (17-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC) @ 205 Lbs, Hollett is expected to be cleared to fight again in April. That being said, a training injury has knocked Justin Salas (10-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) out of a preliminary-card fight against Edson Barboza (10-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) at "UFC on FX 7: Belfort vs. Bisping" later this month. Stepping in for Salas is UFC newcomer Lucas Martins (11-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

In other news, following a recent interview jibe between Bisping and Hector Lombard, Hector has now thrown his name in the hat for Dana to call if Vitor Belfort cannot compete. "I would love to fight Michael Bisping – he's said a lot of things about me lately and I want to settle it in the Octagon," Lombard said. If Belfort doesn't get hurt in preparation for the bout, Lombard said he'll want to meet the winner. However Bisping is lobbying hard for a title shot and it's yet to be seen if a win on January 19th will earn him one.
    Two weeks ago Dana said Bisping would get his shot should he defeat Belfort.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/3...tle-shot-silva

Blog Entries
    UFC referee Yves Lavigne is also an author and investigative journalist. He has written 4 books -

Hell's Angels: Taking Care of Business
    Death Dealers
    Hell's Angels: Into the Abyss
    Hell's Angels: Three Can Keep a Secret if Two are Dead

Didn't know that about Yves...pretty interesting.

Speaking of books I'm actually wanting to read Big John's autobiography "Let's Get It On"