Ronda Rousey gets rocked and humbled

She was talking all that mess about being able to beat Mayweather yet she gets destroyed by some basic boxing skills. Now that it's over hopefully this means that people can stop overrating her. Hyping her up like she's this untouchable fighter that only comes around once in human history.

Mayweather after her bout

First time ever, I'm with you bro.

It was starting to piss me off all this hype about how she could beat Mayweather, come on son, the dude is lightening and one punch landed and she's gone. Holly Holm is the first person that's she faced, that actually looked like she had believe she could win and the skill to match that believe and Rousey lost. I rate Rousey, I like her- but it was getting too much, the hype was starting to become undeserved, she needed to face some actual competition for me and now we will see how good Ronda is if she can bounce back and reclaim her title.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

WWE:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

PWR:
    1x Women's Champion - Akira Tajiri
    Female of the Year 2015 - Akira Tajiri

I wasn't even shocked

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

She got slapped around at the end almost like she was being bullied as a child. Giving it their full best shot and just being swatted away, only to be knocked to the ground.
    "For the Druids' legends are true..."

Blog Entries
    It will come as no surprise to anyone that I've been predicting this would happen. Sure, Ronda is a supreme fighter but when you consider the rapidity with which MMA evolves and fighters evolve and adapt and improve, it really was only a matter of time before someone with enough skills caught her out. I really do hope that foot tasted like humble pie - and that she doesn't go all Tito Ortiz and keep up the bullshit ego front.
    Time will tell and it will be interesting to see how she comes back from this. After such hype and such a resounding defeat (I mean it's not even as if Holm just got lucky and picked up the W) I do have to wonder if the syndrome that has struck other fighters will fall on Rousey and if she is ever the same fighter again.

Black Ninja!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It will come as no surprise to anyone that I've been predicting this would happen. Sure, Ronda is a supreme fighter but when you consider the rapidity with which MMA evolves and fighters evolve and adapt and improve, it really was only a matter of time before someone with enough skills caught her out. I really do hope that foot tasted like humble pie - and that she doesn't go all Tito Ortiz and keep up the bullshit ego front.
    Time will tell and it will be interesting to see how she comes back from this. After such hype and such a resounding defeat (I mean it's not even as if Holm just got lucky and picked up the W) I do have to wonder if the syndrome that has struck other fighters will fall on Rousey and if she is ever the same fighter again.
    I think Ronda will come back from this. I mean some of the best fighters in the world have suffered losses. GSP being one of them and made a comeback and reigned over the Welterweight division. Ronda just needs to round out her game more. Work more on her striking and defense. She kept her hands down way too much. She also needs to fight her fight not Holly's. So I will love to see her comeback but she does need to put in the word and maybe a new gym to train at. Glendale will only get her so far.
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time