Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Why I Won't Watch Another Rousey Fight

I don't know about anyone else but I simply have no interest in watching such obvious mismatches of the kind that are going on right now in the womens bantamweight division of the UFC. It's clear that there is Ronda, daylight and then everyone else in terms of talent and development. And it's boring.

Seriously, it's like they let a seasoned male fight in the division. And so it holds absolutely no appeal to watch. Not even the UFC seems to really want to get behind anyone else but Ronda - sure, Rogan might do the promo stuff talking up the opponent but there is this tone to his voice that I detect where you just know he doesn't believe what he's saying. He's saying it because he has to, he needs to sell this fight, this person to the fans.

So, I won't watch another Ronda fight. I'll leave it to reading the results and maybe watching highlights. And I suspect others will too. Because as it stands now, with no other (?) womens belts in UFC yet, she is their sole focus. And in a weird roundabout way, she's actually hurting the state of womens MMA.

Thoughts?

I'll still watch the fights, simply because there free (On a channel which we get as part of the package) but I would never pay for any Ronda fight. As good as she is, the rest are average and nothing more. Even the build up was lame. I watched Jones vs DC and I knew Jones would win, yet, the talk before the match, made me doubt.. It sold the fight too me. It made me have that little doubt, that Jones could lose and that's great.

However when it comes to a Rousey fight, there's no doubt at all. During the pre-show they were talking up Zingano and they were saying what her strengths were, each said her striking and she could give Rousey a problem. They then turn to Miesha Tate and say, "Who hits harder, Ronda or Zingano" to which Tate said.. Rousey. That there, tells you the issue.

As good as Rousey is, the competition appears terrible. Tate vs Zingano was a hell of a scrap, Rousey then beats both with ease. Ronda is obviously there golden goose and that's great, she works hard and such. But even she after like 8 fights turned to other life goals like making movies and such. I'm all for equality, but this Women's division is a joke and unless there's anyone that can actually test Ronda, it will continue to be. In 10/11 fights, she's done everything and beat the competition.

I actually think we will see her in the WWE one day.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking something quite similar. I highly doubt she has halfway decent acting chops to make her a viable threat to Hollywood, outside of action fluff like The Expendables. Plus, there are a ton of other girls more attractive so you tell me what she brings to the table? So......WWE will be it, I reckon.

Can't be mad about it. She is actually competing and beating all put in front of her.

it ain't her fault that she is highly skilled therefore she gets her wins with ease. I applaud that woman, true champ go in and get out with the title and undeniable win.

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Yeah I agree with you, Chunky, I'm not mad in the slightest.

As I said, she's obviously awesome, really good. However the issue I have is she's seen now as like one of the best in the UFC male or female, she's touted like a goddess and such. Headlining shows and so on. My personal feeling is.. You can only be as good as the competition you are facing, no?

And with that in mind, she has none that are even in the same league as her ability wise, so, as good as she is.. It's hard too see her on this pedestal and appreciate her totally, when there's no one even testing her.

Just to flip this around, the Klitschko (Boxers) brothers are the same for me, no doubt there talent, but who are they facing, really? There's no one else in there ability league and therefore, I feel the same about them.

IWA:

HWA:

General:

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Yeah I agree with you, Chunky, I'm not mad in the slightest.

As I said, she's obviously awesome, really good. However the issue I have is she's seen now as like one of the best in the UFC male or female, she's touted like a goddess and such. Headlining shows and so on. My personal feeling is.. You can only be as good as the competition you are facing, no?

And with that in mind, she has none that are even in the same league as her ability wise, so, as good as she is.. It's hard too see her on this pedestal and appreciate her totally, when there's no one even testing her.

Just to flip this around, the Klitschko (Boxers) brothers are the same for me, no doubt there talent, but who are they facing, really? There's no one else in there ability league and therefore, I feel the same about them.
    Exactly bro. We can't say there is no competition. We can only say that they are the best at what they do until the next gem is discovered . It's tough when you clean out a whole division of fighters and still are at the top of your game. It puts you alone at the top. Fact is people can only try to beat them wether it's rousey or klitschko bros. But if they all they do is win, we can only respect it. At least they ain't dodging opponents that clearly they should fight/ should've been fought.

Also, did you hear about that 7 ft. Asian they want one of the kitschko to fight his name is Taishan Dong

MARK DIMENSION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    9.4.2011-Forever

5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Quote Originally Posted by chunkkynutzzz View Post
    Exactly bro. We can't say there is no competition. We can only say that they are the best at what they do until the next gem is discovered . It's tough when you clean out a whole division of fighters and still are at the top of your game. It puts you alone at the top. Fact is people can only try to beat them wether it's rousey or klitschko bros. But if they all they do is win, we can only respect it. At least they ain't dodging opponents that clearly they should fight/ should've been fought.

Also, did you hear about that 7 ft. Asian they want one of the kitschko to fight his name is Taishan Dong
    Valuev was 7' 1'' and he was crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Valuev was 7' 1'' and he was crap!
    True , but that doesn't mean dong will be crap.

Sidenote: there's a joke in there somewhere lmao

MARK DIMENSION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    9.4.2011-Forever

5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

On the subject of Rousey, there are some that are stating she's ducking Cyborg, who many consider, the best.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

From what I understand, she's(Cyborg) yet to agree a contract with UFC, despite two attempts. It would revolve around some kind of drug testing and either Cyborg would have to drop wait which is a struggle from what I understand, or, Rousey would need to move up by 10 pounds in weight, which supposedly she's done before but is not willing to do for someone who's failed a drug test before from what I'm hearing.

Now my knowledge on this, is complete hearsay and reading some comments on various websites and articles, so, it could all be BS. Only thing I would say, if Rousey can make the weight and step up and she wants to be known as the best, she needs to fight the best and if the match could happen, it should. I'd rather watch Rousey vs someone who has a rep for being decent, rather then see Rousey face someone she's beat before, or not even in the top five.

IWA:

HWA:

General:

Quote Originally Posted by chunkkynutzzz View Post
    True , but that doesn't mean dong will be crap.

Sidenote: there's a joke in there somewhere lmao
    I'm kind of with Wade.

I suspect Dong will be quite limp, maybe even soft. Lacking penetration perhaps?

Nah jokes aside, he likely will be rubbish, bro.

IWA:

HWA:

General: