Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc 203

Blog Entries

Ufc 203

So, let's have it. Who's staying up to watch the fight?

What are we all thinking about CM Punk's chances tonight? I'll be honest, I don't normally watch MMA and don't know much about it. I also haven't watched any of Punk's training videos or nothing so no idea what kind of shape he's in. I have watched some of the interviews he's done in the last few days and I have to say, he seems awful relaxed about it, almost too relaxed one could say. Is he perhaps not taking this seriously enough? Is he underestimating his opponent? Speaking of which, I don't know anything about Mickey Gall either. I understand that this is his UFC debut also though? though he has won 2 previous MMA matches, both by submission, though both were amateur fights (correct me if I'm wrong).

So which way are we all leaning for this one? I actually think Pink will surprise people and I see him winning the fight personally. How? Don't have a clue. Don't see it being by KO, submission perhaps. I don't see the fight going the distance for sure, though the longer it goes, then the more it favors Gall I think.

I think Punk wins by decision in a good fight i see punk being a submission and wrestling style as oppose to his striking ability tbh

When people ask why you still watch
    #YouDeserveIt

I don't think I'll last staying up, work's been killing me the last couple of days, I'm already tired.

However I'm looking forward to watching this, either live or recorded. Personally, unless this Mickey is terrible, I don't see him winning. I just don't believe Punk can come in after a couple of years training and beat someone decent who's dedicated his life to the sport. I'm also mixed- part of me who's the wrestling fan wants him too win- the other part of me that hates how he left wants to see him get knocked the fuck out.. :/

As said, unless that guy is poor, which I hear he's pretty decent. I don't see Punk winning. If he does though, good on him but I think his win will be dependent on how good his opponent actually is, rather then how good Punk is, sadly.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

WWE:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

PWR:
    1x Women's Champion - Akira Tajiri
    Female of the Year 2015 - Akira Tajiri

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    I don't think I'll last staying up, work's been killing me the last couple of days, I'm already tired.

However I'm looking forward to watching this, either live or recorded. Personally, unless this Mickey is terrible, I don't see him winning. I just don't believe Punk can come in after a couple of years training and beat someone decent who's dedicated his life to the sport. I'm also mixed- part of me who's the wrestling fan wants him too win- the other part of me that hates how he left wants to see him get knocked the fuck out.. :/

As said, unless that guy is poor, which I hear he's pretty decent. I don't see Punk winning. If he does though, good on him but I think his win will be dependent on how good his opponent actually is, rather then how good Punk is, sadly.
    Punk has a look on him I haven't seen since his pipebomb I find it hard to think he would do this unless he really thought he could do it I dont think its just a PR stint I think he has a real chance I think if anything Gall will underestimate him and Punk will do his submission if anything Punk goes down swinging I give him cred

#YouDeserveIt

Personally I'm rooting for Punk here just cause he is a wrestling guy, but from what I've read, his training wasn't going well at all at first, and only recently has he seemed improved. Maybe it was the injury, I don't know, I'm not really sure, but personally I don't see him winning tonight's fight, just based on what I've read about his technique and training (read he was even having trouble in practice bouts).

As for Mickey Gall, the only reason he is here because he won UFC's equivalent of Tough Enough, just a glorified reality TV show. I've read mixed reviews on him, but the UFC is a totally different animal, and I personally wouldn't be shocked if he lost.

I think it ends with Gall winning, but for the UFC's sake they better hope its CM Punk, because he could be a money maker for them.

Extremely Lethal (Carbon & Venomous) - PWR
    1X PWR Tag Team Champions (First Ever)
    PWR Tag Team of the Year (2015)
    1X IWA Tag Team Champions

Blog Entries
    Well, that was fucking fun lol!

Nah, in all honesty, lots of respect to Punk for having the balls to do it, but he was always up against it. In hindsight, predicting that he'd win was a pipedream really. His forehead and ear looked all kinds of messed up though, and he looked absolutely devastated, almost close to tears. He said he'd be back though, so we'll see.

Mickey Gall is a savage. That was great stuff Punk said post match but Vince and Ryback might still be watching the highlights.

Oh well if i remember so brock lost his fight debut as well right?

#YouDeserveIt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.onemanband View Post
    Oh well if i remember so brock lost his fight debut as well right?

Nah, he won him MMA debut and lost his UFC debut

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G.G.G. View Post
    Personally I'm rooting for Punk here just cause he is a wrestling guy, but from what I've read, his training wasn't going well at all at first, and only recently has he seemed improved. Maybe it was the injury, I don't know, I'm not really sure, but personally I don't see him winning tonight's fight, just based on what I've read about his technique and training (read he was even having trouble in practice bouts).

As for Mickey Gall, the only reason he is here because he won UFC's equivalent of Tough Enough, just a glorified reality TV show. I've read mixed reviews on him, but the UFC is a totally different animal, and I personally wouldn't be shocked if he lost.

I think it ends with Gall winning, but for the UFC's sake they better hope its CM Punk, because he could be a money maker for them.
    "just a glorified reality TV show" - yeah, except they ACTUALLY FIGHT. They're not "voted off" by the viewers at home, they train and live together and fight to advance. Hardly glorified.