Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    I don't really see how it's proving your point. We say WWE's programming is lackluster but others may think otherwise. The casual fans will continue to watch because they may think WWE's product is entertaining right now. Me or you not watching it really doesn't do any harm to their product other than not watching it for our reasons of not enough entertainment. WWE's product is still going to draw in consistent ratings because of their loyal casual fans who follow it. Just like how WCW was able to produce consistent ratings when Vince Russo was still head booker because while we smarks thought Russo's booking was dreadful and was the reason loyal viewers weren't interested in the product anymore, the ratings suggest otherwise. It's a subjective case.
    I'm saying, to continue to watch something that you're not into but would like to see get better is never going to make the latter a reality. So why keep watching it? That's like chewing on the same piece of gum a hour after I popped it in my mouth and hoping the flavor comes back...its not going to happen! Its not until you ask...hell, DEMAND that you get something new and fresh, that you'll actually be satisfied.

    There are more fans like you "still chewing away" at a stale product than there are casual fans. Casual fans give casually high ratings...casual fans causally spend their money on their casual interest. The WWE's ratings and event attendance are consitantly high...mostly by jaded fans or loyal children/immature adults. Think about what you're saying...Loyal and casual don't go togehter, dude. Its a total contridiction.

    WCW: THAT'S MY POINT! If you don't send the message to the WWE early on that what they're doing isn't working for you then it gets to the point where the product gets so bad that everyone stops watching. Another analogy: Its like divorcing a woman who you've been married to for 15 years because her breath smells just as bad as it did the day you met!

    YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING SOONER AND IT WAS TOTALLY PREVENTABLE!!!
    Last edited by Xpacfan; 07-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.


  2. #12
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,665
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    I'm saying, to continue to watch something that you're not into but would like to see get better is never going to make the latter a reality. So why keep watching it? That's like chewing on the same piece of gum a hour after I popped it in my mouth and hoping the flavor comes back...its not going to happen! Its not until you ask...hell, DEMAND that you get something new and fresh, that you'll actually be satisfied.

    There are more fans like you "still chewing away" at a stale product than there are casual fans. Casual fans give casually high ratings...casual fans causal spend their money on their casual interest. The WWE's ratings and event attendance are consitantly high...mostly by jaded fans or loyal children/immature adults. Think about what you're saying...Loyal and casual don't go togehter, dude. Its a total contridiction.

    WCW: THAT'S MY POINT! If you don't send the message to the WWE early on that what they're doing isn't working for you then it gets to the point where the product gets so bad that everyone stops watching. Another analogy: Its like divorcing a woman who you've been married to for 15 years because her breath smells just as bad as it did the day you met!

    YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING SOONER AND IT WAS TOTALLY PREVENTABLE!!!
    That may be the case but things will change. It's just a matter of fact. Until the WWE finally shuts down, we're going to see change in the company. Remember when a lot of members here, like two years ago, wouldn't watch TNA because they thought it was terrible? Now, those guys are watching TNA and are liking it it more than the WWE because they saw change that they liked. And during the time they stopped watching it, did TNA shut down because they weren't getting supported? Nope. It continued. And this is TNA we're talking about. You think boycotting the WWE is going to make a difference?


  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    I'm saying, to continue to watch something that you're not into but would like to see get better is never going to make the latter a reality. So why keep watching it? That's like chewing on the same piece of gum a hour after I popped it in my mouth and hoping the flavor comes back...its not going to happen! Its not until you ask...hell, DEMAND that you get something new and fresh, that you'll actually be satisfied.

    There are more fans like you "still chewing away" at a stale product than there are casual fans. Casual fans give casually high ratings...casual fans causal spend their money on their casual interest. The WWE's ratings and event attendance are consitantly high...mostly by jaded fans or loyal children/immature adults. Think about what you're saying...Loyal and casual don't go togehter, dude. Its a total contridiction.

    WCW: THAT'S MY POINT! If you don't send the message to the WWE early on that what they're doing isn't working for you then it gets to the point where the product gets so bad that everyone stops watching. Another analogy: Its like divorcing a woman who you've been married to for 15 years because her breath smells just as bad as it did the day you met!

    YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING SOONER AND IT WAS TOTALLY PREVENTABLE!!!
    But the WWE is not the only product that gets stale. TNA has had its moments. ROH has had its moments. It all boils down to loyalty and how much the true fans want them to succeed. Like I said before I love every promotion to death. But even I know that they all can't be perfect all the time. Especially when they have authority figures trashing their ideas and then they have to dig at the bottom of the bottle to cook up something magical for the audience. I know WWE tries, but it seems like the PG rating is really straining them now. WWE was so notorious for having sickening and mature story-lines. Some of them they can not do again simply because of that. They will realize eventually that they have back themselves up into a corner.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    .
    L E A V E.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    That may be the case but things will change. It's just a matter of fact. Until the WWE finally shuts down, we're going to see change in the company. Remember when a lot of members here, like two years ago, wouldn't watch TNA because they thought it was terrible? Now, those guys are watching TNA and are liking it it more than the WWE because they saw change that they liked. And during the time they stopped watching it, did TNA shut down because they weren't getting supported? Nope. It continued. And this is TNA we're talking about. You think boycotting the WWE is going to make a difference?
    YES!!! Did you ever experience the Monday Night Wars?! Its how the then WWF got on top! WCW almost put them out of business in a ratings war and it wasn't until the WWF was challenged that it gave us some of the best content to date.

    People had to leave and start giving their ratings and money to someone else for them to get the point! The WWE is owned by the same exact jackass the WWF was owned by back in 1997.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.


  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaMassacre View Post
    But the WWE is not the only product that gets stale. TNA has had its moments. ROH has had its moments. It all boils down to loyalty and how much the true fans want them to succeed. Like I said before I love every promotion to death. But even I know that they all can't be perfect all the time. Especially when they have authority figures trashing their ideas and then they have to dig at the bottom of the bottle to cook up something magical for the audience. I know WWE tries, but it seems like the PG rating is really straining them now. WWE was so notorious for having sickening and mature story-lines. Some of them they can not do again simply because of that. They will realize eventually that they have back themselves up into a corner.
    We're not just talking about moments, we're (or at least I am) talking about years of a consistant downward spiral in the quality of WWE programming.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.


  6. #16
    I've been watching all my life. So what if they have a bad year or two? If they have a bad 5 years or a bad decade I might stop watching but I'm going to give it a proportional amount of chance time to bounce back as the amount of enjoyment it's given me over the years.

  7. #17
    God Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    I'm saying, to continue to watch something that you're not into but would like to see get better is never going to make the latter a reality. So why keep watching it? That's like chewing on the same piece of gum a hour after I popped it in my mouth and hoping the flavor comes back...its not going to happen! Its not until you ask...hell, DEMAND that you get something new and fresh, that you'll actually be satisfied.
    To not continue watching something and expect WWE to tend to my every needs isn't being realistic. In fact, it's not going to happen when WWE has other viewers who have a different opinion on WWE's product than I do. If I don't like something, I'm still going to keep watching it. WWE can have a horrible show next week but have one of the best shows of all time the week afterwards. But I'm not going know they had an awesome show if I'm not watching. Being pessimistic about things won't help anything. It will just make you even more pessimistic when things don't go your way.

    There are more fans like you "still chewing away" at a stale product than there are casual fans. Casual fans give casually high ratings...casual fans causal spend their money on their casual interest. The WWE's ratings and event attendance are consitantly high...mostly by jaded fans or loyal children/immature adults. Think about what you're saying...Loyal and casual don't go togehter, dude. Its a total contridiction.
    I'm not understanding your point here. If the casual fans give casually high ratings and are loyal casual followers no matter what, how is me not watching going to send a message to them that I want a change? Like I said dude. subjective case.

    WCW: THAT'S MY POINT! If you don't send the message to the WWE early on that what they're doing isn't working for you then it gets to the point where the product gets so bad that everyone stops watching. Another analogy: Its like divorcing a woman who you've been married to for 15 years because her breath smells just as bad as it did the day you met!

    YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING SOONER AND IT WAS TOTALLY PREVENTABLE!!!
    You're not understanding my point with the WCW example. Ratings are objective whereas the feelings of a show is subjective. You can deem something as the best/worst show in the world but it's not the best/worst show in the world if no one is watching and that show produces low/high ratings. You're speaking subjective, the ratings that WWE produces are objective. Difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

  8. #18
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    YES!!! Did you ever experience the Monday Night Wars?! Its how the then WWF got on top! WCW almost put them out of business in a ratings war and it wasn't until the WWF was challenged that it gave us some of the best content to date.

    People had to leave and start giving their ratings and money to someone else for them to get the point! The WWE is owned by the same exact jackass the WWF was owned by back in 1997.
    It's also owned by the same jackass who won the Monday Night Wars, in the end!

    To be frank I think the fans that frequent sites such as this are the least likely to be in tune with you average fan who watches the programming week in and week out! I tend to find the opinions of those that never go on these types of site resonate more soundly with the majority of the fans who watch the product faithfully, buy the most merchandise and buy PPV's, not stream them. These are the WWE's target audience, not us!


    Face it, we're in a minority. A rather sad, tedious minority. Yes I do include myself in this, it's just funny that most on this forum can't see it or won't admit it. I have news for you all: You're not anything special!

  9. #19
    The Trinity Pumpkinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The PumpkinWorld
    Posts
    2,649
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I don't, I watch CMLL
    the storylines are probably just as ridiculous, but I don't speak Spanish so I can't tell
    LOL man there aren't any storylines

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    To not continue watching something and expect WWE to tend to my every needs isn't being realistic. In fact, it's not going to happen when WWE has other viewers who have a different opinion on WWE's product than I do. If I don't like something, I'm still going to keep watching it. WWE can have a horrible show next week but have one of the best shows of all time the week afterwards. But I'm not going know they had an awesome show if I'm not watching. Being pessimistic about things won't help anything. It will just make you even more pessimistic when things don't go your way.


    I'm not understanding your point here. If the casual fans give casually high ratings and are loyal casual followers no matter what, how is me not watching going to send a message to them that I want a change? Like I said dude. subjective case.


    You're not understanding my point with the WCW example. Ratings are objective whereas the feelings of a show is subjective. You can deem something as the best/worst show in the world but it's not the best/worst show in the world if no one is watching and that show produces low/high ratings. You're speaking subjective, the ratings that WWE produces are objective. Difference.
    No one is saying that the WWE has to meet you're every need but when its consistantly not meeting the majority of them or in my case any, I think its time to send a message.

    "If I don't like something, I'm still going to keep watching it." ...yup makes as much sense as WWE programming these days. And people wonder why they have a Leaprecaun as a GM!

    DUDE! YOU CANNOT BE A LOYAL CASUAL FAN! Loyality and Causal have two very different...OPPOSITE definitions! Its the loyal discontent fans that continue to watch that give the WWE high ratings.

    WCW: Facts are facts. The ratings in WCW started to slip...why? Quality programming. Is that opinionated...yes! And enough fans opinions of the show is that it was of poor quality thus WCW was bought out. My point...don't wait until everyone is screaming you suck to do something about your programming....do something while you see the writing on the wall!
    Last edited by Xpacfan; 07-11-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.