Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I just Have to Ask

Why do we watch WWE? I mean it just keeps getting worse, and will continue to get worse. I stopped watching Smackdown about a month ago, and I don't miss a thing about it. After Raw this week, my little bit of hope in the WWE is slipping tremendously, it's just lackluster T.V. now. I would like to know legitimate reasons why we all are still watching Raw every week.

Honestly I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in months, I just skim-read what happened online then watch the highlight show that airs here in the UK (WWE experience), and I stream all the PPV's if I can be bothered, its usually a last minute decision depending on how tired i am.

I'll probably watch the 1000th show to see if anything kicks off but honestly ATM I'm struggling to care.

I've gone cold turkey from the WWE a little over 2 years now and same as what you said about Smackdown...I don't really miss it. Especially when reading the results of the shows.

Even before I made the concious decision to stop watching it, it had became stale to me. I mainly watched out of loyality and in some hopes that it would get better. It never did but I haven't given up. I watch and support TNA....not just because its entertaining but because I feel some real competition is what the WWE needs in order for it to get better.

But as long as the ratings & event attendance is high and as long as the distance of fan support (financial and otherwise) remains as great as it is...nothing in the WWE will change. You all are telling them everything is ok and there's nothing to challenge them to be better than they currently are.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.

Blog Entries
    WWE's shows have gotten lackluster as of late but I'm going to continue watching because no matter how much I say I'm not going to watch something, I'm still going to tune in no matter what. I haven't came to a point where I stopped watching a wrestling program to take a break from it or to stop watching it all together. Even back in the WCW/Russo era, I continued watching it even though WCW was dreadful by that point. I watch to see if it'll improve which is being too optimistic but that's why I watch every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

I watch because you never know when a gem of a match will pop up. For a long time I'd watch RAW and Smackdown on DVR so I'd fast forward all the nonsense, I recently started staying up to watch them live but after this weeks RAW I doubt I will as often.

Regardless of how poor WWE programming is at the moment it is the only place to see some of my favourite wrestlers, so it's them, not the quality of the broadcast, that keep me coming back.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, I watch to keep up with the wrestlers I'm into - Punk, Rhodes, and to see what they plan to do with the new blood from FCW. Although honestly there's not much to really snag interest, I'm still a Punk/Rhodes/Ziggler fan.

The Star Signs
    IWA - JBW - TWE - BITW

Sagittarius Blue - 1st Ever JBW United States Champion

#WhereIsPiscesPink

WWE Fed...
    Kharma/Awesome Kong
    Lei'D Tapa, The Queen of the Rings
    Kenny King, The Prettyboy Pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    WWE's shows have gotten lackluster as of late but I'm going to continue watching because no matter how much I say I'm not going to watch something, I'm still going to tune in no matter what. I haven't came to a point where I stopped watching a wrestling program to take a break from it or to stop watching it all together. Even back in the WCW/Russo era, I continued watching it even though WCW was dreadful by that point. I watch to see if it'll improve which is being too optimistic but that's why I watch every week.
    Case and point...where is WCW today? What you're describing overall does more harm than good to the product. Again, you're not giving the WWE much of a reason to improve their programming.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    Case and point...where is WCW today? What you're describing overall does more harm than good to the product. Again, you're not giving the WWE much of a reason to improve their programming.
    I don't really see how it's proving your point. We say WWE's programming is lackluster but others may think otherwise. The casual fans will continue to watch because they may think WWE's product is entertaining right now. Me or you not watching it really doesn't do any harm to their product other than not watching it for our reasons of not enough entertainment. WWE's product is still going to draw in consistent ratings because of their loyal casual fans who follow it. Just like how WCW was able to produce consistent ratings when Vince Russo was still head booker because while we smarks thought Russo's booking was dreadful and was the reason loyal viewers weren't interested in the product anymore, the ratings suggest otherwise. It's a subjective case.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Blog Entries
    I don't, I watch CMLL
    the storylines are probably just as ridiculous, but I don't speak Spanish so I can't tell

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

RAW has been doing really well though! They are just slowing down because they had the ppv and they are pulling out all the big time angles for the 1,000th RAW. The creative team is probably all worked out for the year. I don't even judge the recent Raw for my future viewership of the product. I honestly believe they did a lot of stupid stuff just to get it out of the way. Even TNA and other Wrestling promotions in general do this ALL THE TIME. It is also what you would call a filler which is an episode that holds no relevance to the main story-line plans. I will always be a loyal fan. There is still a lot to like about the WWE. It is like people are ALWAYS looking for something to knit pick when it comes to a product. I am fan of almost every wrestling promotion imaginable except for those little ECW ripoffs. I am a massive Independent wrestling fangirl.

But I still love TNA and WWE. Even if they have their good moments and horrendously embarrassing moments like when AJ & Dixie and some random Woman was in the ring. I saw so many people turning the product away just because of that. Now they are praising the product. The WWE could end up having a similiar story! It is the 1000th RAW! People are going to go crazy about it and get lost in the nostalgia when it airs and you see The Rock and Cm Punk going at it or whatever else. You just have to look at the positives through the negatives. Now I can say the same thing about the UFC. Why do people like it aside from the realism aspect? None of that really entertains me at all. But I love Wrestling and that is something that I am very sure about.

Now I am not saying your opinion is irrelevant or anything, that is not true. I completely accept your opinion of the product. I might just be a little too blind to realize what is going on. I might have a lower taste than I had when I was watching in the mid to late 90s. But give me a television with Wrestling on it and I will watch it and study it since I want to do that myself one day. I love being thrown around (lol). But I just think the WWE is missing something. They need their edge back. They need so many other factors that made them a success back in the day. What they did back then is STILL very relevant now. I would definitely push for that kind of change. Another suggestion would be to stop reading spoilers and other stuff. I think dirt sheets have done in a lot of TNA and WWE's massive surprises.

On last Mondays Raw I thought it sucked. I hated the whole D-Bry, AJ, and CM Punk angle. I only could have seen it being cool if Lita came back and fought AJ over CM Punk. Every time they flirted or whatever I cringed and WAITED for Lita to just pop up out of nowhere but it just never happened. Which in the end made me a very sad Panda. =/ But I am still going to support the product regardless. I am a true Wrestling faithful and I always will be. I just think all this negativity is making it hard to actually enjoy all the good stuff that has happened this year. It is just soo... Ugh. I still love the shows. They give me something to watch on certain nights.

I am psyched for the upcoming Raw and Smackdown! episodes. I feel as though things will turn around in time and this is kind of like a test in time sort of things. There is ALWAYS a calm before the storm. WWE has always had their slumps through the years but they have boomed more than a highschool full of hormonal'y challenged Teenage girls. Although I agree that they messed up a lot. They wasted DDP on a mediocre pop and they also used Bob Backlund last. REALLY?! Nobody even knew who Bob was in the crowd. They were just so silent it was not even funny. DDP should have been the last stop. Not Bob. Bob seems like he should have been one of the first to pop up. Either way.. This is only my 2 cents.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.
    ​