Page 123 of 139 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113121122123124125 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1387
  1. #1221
    Quote Originally Posted by imswm View Post
    If "He's run out of things to achieve and foes" is the reason for switching, then that means Taker and HHH should go to TNA???

    well taker and hh are treated as legends,nots tag matching with no storyline

  2. #1222
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Personally, I'm a bit sick of Angle fanboys who consider the fact that he actually wrestled makes him like wrestling's Superman. He was good but he was also guilty of his own 5 moves of doom. Oh what's that? He can do 5 million variations of a suplex? Big deal. Couldn't Taz do that? Shelton Benjamin? Scott Steiner? Chris Benoit? Fucking hell, it's really the same move slightly varied - and one that relies on the other guy to do as much work.
    Give a guy a couple of rollups and submission moves and all of a sudden he's a technical expert (*coughBretHartcough*).

    what i meant was that it would be nice and fresh to see angle in wwe again, i think he has accomplished everything in tna and its currently been misused, and i personally would like to see some matches against some of the rising title in wwe

    i also didnt asked how posssible it could be, its just an idea i would like to happen

  3. #1223
    It would have to be soon as his body is clearly starting to break down. He's getting injured a lot more than usual and he's not as nimble as he once was (partly due to age, but injuries would definitely have a huge effect on his training).

    G
    GMU - UTID!
     
    2012 - 2nd!

  4. #1224
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Of course not! Just like Lindsay Lohan's drug problems haven't affected the way she seen as an actress and Michael Jackson's pedo-lictions didn't affect his music sales and any politician caught with his hand in any sort of jar wouldn't affect the publics opinion of them - would it?

    Nah - Kurt's different!
    What does any of that have to do with Kurt talking shit on twitter? Do you understand the difference between a politician and a wrestler? And I'm sorry, I don't keep up with celebrities enough to care what their drugs problems are. I dig the G N' R; they did plenty of drugs and it didn't affect me or change my mind when it came to buying their records. If Kurt decides to talk shit about someone I'm a fan of, or trolls people on Twitter whenever he desires to, this should mean that I should lose "respect" for the guy?! It has nothing to do with the consistency in his matches. If he were to decide to tell the world that he is going through any problems that are affecting his performance, and also explaining the reasons for his twitter posts, then I can only hope he gets well. That's all.

  5. #1225
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,742
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder View Post
    What does any of that have to do with Kurt talking shit on twitter? Do you understand the difference between a politician and a wrestler? And I'm sorry, I don't keep up with celebrities enough to care what their drugs problems are. I dig the G N' R; they did plenty of drugs and it didn't affect me or change my mind when it came to buying their records. If Kurt decides to talk shit about someone I'm a fan of, or trolls people on Twitter whenever he desires to, this should mean that I should lose "respect" for the guy?! It has nothing to do with the consistency in his matches. If he were to decide to tell the world that he is going through any problems that are affecting his performance, and also explaining the reasons for his twitter posts, then I can only hope he gets well. That's all.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  6. #1226
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    The allegations against Michael Jackson didn't/doesn't affect how I see his music.

    And let's be frank, just because Angle voices his opinions on WWE via Twitter (fair enough, sometimes he does it in an erratic manner), that shouldn't defect anyone's opinion of his in-ring ability.
    To quote Sheiky-Baby...
    "EXZZAAKLY!"

    And that's besides the point of getting into the music business and understand what actually happened to Michale Jackson.
    Just like Hogan has done a lot of fucked up things, just like Triple H and Shawn Michaels have screwed a ton of people over. We can go on. I actually enjoy and get laughs on the fact that Kurt decides to post his opinions, even though they make no sense at times.
    performers are performers, you should always set their craft aside from their personal lives. I'd love anyone to tell me that I should remove Chris Benoit from my top 10.

  7. #1227
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,742
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Never said it changed everyone minds. But it did affect sales. (when he was alive anyway)

    But Tommy, shouldn't we be considering Kurt as the whole package? Shouldn't anyone being considered for employment come under scrutiny for any and all possible defects? For instance, I might be able to do the hell out of a job, but I might also have schizophrenia or a raging drug habit and that's gotta affect my employability. And Kurt hasn't just aimed at WWE with his Twitter now has he?
    Either way, what does his personal life have to do with his music? If people can't appreciate good music, regardless of the musicians personal lives, then what is the world coming to?

    I'm not saying that WWE should employ Angle, I'm saying it would be great too see Angle back in WWE. It's not likely to happen because he'd likely fail the wellness policy tests at this point. Plus he's got other personal problems that we've been alluded to. So the likelihood of him getting employed is slim at this point.
    However, would it be cool to see Angle back in WWE? Yes. Yes. Yes. It would. Why? Because of the potential new feuds we'd get to see. Feuds that would likely be very very good ones.

    That I think, is a realistic assessment.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  8. #1228
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder View Post
    What does any of that have to do with Kurt talking shit on twitter? Do you understand the difference between a politician and a wrestler? And I'm sorry, I don't keep up with celebrities enough to care what their drugs problems are. I dig the G N' R; they did plenty of drugs and it didn't affect me or change my mind when it came to buying their records. If Kurt decides to talk shit about someone I'm a fan of, or trolls people on Twitter whenever he desires to, this should mean that I should lose "respect" for the guy?! It has nothing to do with the consistency in his matches. If he were to decide to tell the world that he is going through any problems that are affecting his performance, and also explaining the reasons for his twitter posts, then I can only hope he gets well. That's all.
    And if the world was a perfect place, Kevin Clash would be really presumed innocent before being proved conclusively one way or the other. But the world isn't a perfect place and despite how aloof to these things you may or may not be, the vast, overwhelming majority are not like that. They pay attention to detail - however meaningless. They make judgements - however biased/inappropriate/off base or plain wrong that may be.
    You know who else pays attention? The WWE board. If the guy cannot be trusted - whether it's by random verbal vomiting in a PUBLIC forum (which Kurt joined by the way and invited people to follow, which in and of itself, makes your argument invalid - because it means he WANTS people to pay attention to what he's saying) or if he's caught doing god knows what with god knows who's teenage daughter, pet or vacuum cleaner - then if that information reaches a public forum - and it will - he's a liability. IT DOES NOT MATTER ONE SINGLE DAMN HOW GOOD HIS MATCHES ARE.

    Please show me where I posted that you - or anyone else - shouldn't like, follow, respect or be a fan of Kurt Angle? All I stated was I believed him overrated.



  9. #1229
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Either way, what does his personal life have to do with his music? If people can't appreciate good music, regardless of the musicians personal lives, then what is the world coming to?

    I'm not saying that WWE should employ Angle, I'm saying it would be great too see Angle back in WWE. It's not likely to happen because he'd likely fail the wellness policy tests at this point. Plus he's got other personal problems that we've been alluded to. So the likelihood of him getting employed is slim at this point.
    However, would it be cool to see Angle back in WWE? Yes. Yes. Yes. It would. Why? Because of the potential new feuds we'd get to see. Feuds that would likely be very very good ones.

    That I think, is a realistic assessment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    And if the world was a perfect place, Kevin Clash would be really presumed innocent before being proved conclusively one way or the other. But the world isn't a perfect place and despite how aloof to these things you may or may not be, the vast, overwhelming majority are not like that. They pay attention to detail - however meaningless. They make judgements - however biased/inappropriate/off base or plain wrong that may be.
    You know who else pays attention? The WWE board. If the guy cannot be trusted - whether it's by random verbal vomiting in a PUBLIC forum (which Kurt joined by the way and invited people to follow, which in and of itself, makes your argument invalid - because it means he WANTS people to pay attention to what he's saying) or if he's caught doing god knows what with god knows who's teenage daughter, pet or vacuum cleaner - then if that information reaches a public forum - and it will - he's a liability. IT DOES NOT MATTER ONE SINGLE DAMN HOW GOOD HIS MATCHES ARE.

    Please show me where I posted that you - or anyone else - shouldn't like, follow, respect or be a fan of Kurt Angle? All I stated was I believed him overrated.
    Asked and answered for you Tommy.



  10. #1230
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Either way, what does his personal life have to do with his music? If people can't appreciate good music, regardless of the musicians personal lives, then what is the world coming to?

    I'm not saying that WWE should employ Angle, I'm saying it would be great too see Angle back in WWE. It's not likely to happen because he'd likely fail the wellness policy tests at this point. Plus he's got other personal problems that we've been alluded to. So the likelihood of him getting employed is slim at this point.
    However, would it be cool to see Angle back in WWE? Yes. Yes. Yes. It would. Why? Because of the potential new feuds we'd get to see. Feuds that would likely be very very good ones.

    That I think, is a realistic assessment.
    Yups. And at the end of the day, it all comes down to what Kurt wants, and even though we can all assume, none of us know what Kurt wants but himself.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.