Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Raw this week: WTF happened?

I usually try to look at things in a positive light, but to me, this week's Raw was ONE OF THE WORST IN MONTHS. What adds to the crap that they put on was that it was the go home show for MITB - a PPV that we've come to love. Here's what made it horrible, IMO:

*The anonymous Raw GM returned. They could have gone with other options (preferably a human), but they had to rehash this garbage again. I know they didn't really finish the storyline back then, but I would have been happier if they left it that way instead of take up valuable screen time.

*4 incredibly short matches: Sheamus vs Swagger, Ziggler and Tensai vs Christian and Kidd, Brodus Clay vs Drew Mcintyre (wasn't Brodus Clay banned from Raw by Laurinaitus?), and Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler (WHICH SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED EVER AGAIN).This is why some people mock the WWE. It's not going to get them higher ratings.

*The reveal of the anonymous GM. This was seriously unnecessary. And the person they picked was ridiculous. Even the crowd didn't care.

Instead of building up the MITB PPV well like they have in previous years, they decided to go with 4 short matches, and pointless segments which could have been used to make the matches longer and put over more of the Smackdown MITB contestants. Even if this wasn't the go home show for MITB, it would be a horrible Raw. It was reminiscent of a couple of years ago when some deemed Raw "unwatchable". I really hope MITB and the Raw after are damn good, because with the 1000th Raw coming up, they ought to be putting out consistently good Raws. Last week's Impact was miles better than this week's Raw, and that's saying something.

What did you think of Raw?

Agree with you. RAW was really bad with useless segments and useless squash matches. The only thing I liked was Punk/Bryan/AJ things. All the rest was garbage for me, especially the unbuild of MITB ppv, the Anonymous GM things with Santino, Hornswogle, and also the Cole/Lawler shit. Why WWE continue to put Cole/Lawler on TV !!! There are a lot of superstars backstage who are waiting for their TV time, but no, instead, they put that garbage !!! This is really a shame. WWE should show more respect for the locker room.

As I already said in a thread, Punk/Bryan/AJ saved the show. If fhey were not in it, RAW would have been a TOTAL garbage

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    Agree with you. RAW was really bad with useless segments and useless squash matches. The only thing I liked was Punk/Bryan/AJ things. All the rest was garbage for me, especially the unbuild of MITB ppv, the Anonymous GM things with Santino, Hornswogle, and also the Cole/Lawler shit. Why WWE continue to put Cole/Lawler on TV !!! There are a lot of superstars backstage who are waiting for their TV time, but no, instead, they put that garbage !!! This is really a shame. WWE should show more respect for the locker room.

As I already said in a thread, Punk/Bryan/AJ saved the show. If fhey were not in it, RAW would have been a TOTAL garbage
    Well said. I was really looking forward to MITB. Its been among my favorite yearly PPVs for the past 3 years, but this year doesn't look to be as good. They should have spent more time building towards the PPV rather than the 45 minutes - 1 hour of just pointless crap that we see once in a while - like Lawler vs Cole, squash matches, Hornswoggle, the anonymous GM etc. I didn't even see ONE promo video hyping up the PPV. Smackdown better do a good job of promoting the PPV.

yeah, Raw was horrible. I wouldn't say the Punk/AJ/Bryan segments saved the show though, because there was no saving that garbage. Not to mention the that segment seemed like something from a morning soap opera. It was entertaining, though. The only entertaining part of the show. And it seems like every time they have some mystery person that nobody knows who it is like the anonymous GM, and they can't come up with somebody to fit the role, they always turn to Hornswoggle. Remember when Mr. Kennedy was supposed to end up being Vince's bastard son, but he got injured and had to be taken off tv so they went with swoggle instead? yeah.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

It was pretty much a build for Raw MITB match and Punk v Bryan, that's it. It was okay to see backlund i guess.

Clay was unbanned by Teddy long afaik.

Still i pretty much got bored watching it. It wasn't garbage as much as it was just really, really uninteresting.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

As a go home show it was pretty terrible, in fact it was the first Raw in ages that I stopped watching live and finished this morning.
    Personally I liked the return of the annonnommous (can't spell that word) GM and I did laugh when it turned of it was Hornswoggle even if it did make no sense. Pretty much the only redeeming part was the continuing AJ saga.

Divas to believe in.

I just watched it, and it wasn't as bad as you all made out. Storylines were furthered, a bit of comedy thrown in. The only gripe I have is there wasn't enough decent matches. Other than that though, fairly typical Raw. Nothing to get all your collective knickers in a twist.

I haven't seen Raw, but from the reports, I don't know if I want to. It sounds awful to be honest.

By comparison, here's the Raw from last year (July 11, 2011) leading into MITB:

Punk opens with a shoot promo (Entertaining Promo)
    Cena vs McGillicutty/Otunga (I wish Joe would have got a push like David)
    Kelly Kelly vs Rosa Mendes, Bella's on commentary (Nothing great, but could be worse)
    Impromptu 6 man tag match (HOLLA!) by the Anonymous GM: Kofi/Bourne/Riley vs Miz/Truth/Swagger
    Big Show vs Drew/Ziggler (Why didn't we get this combination for longer??)
    Live contract negotiation between Punk and Vince (<-- start of CM Punk Ice Cream)

That was a fairly entertaining Raw. Punk was obviously the best part, but it was good to see Drew, Riley, and McGillicutty on TV. If you want to watch it, here's the video:

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. - FMA

Glad I didn't bother staying up til 2am to watch it. Will watch the AJ/Punk/Bryan bits and Bob Backlund on youtube later
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

One of the greatest RAW shows ever. If they released it on DVD I'd buy it twice.