Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Am I the only one who refuses to put chicken and eggs together in the same dish? I don't know, I eat both things but it's just something about the two different ends of the life cycle that gets to me....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    What happened to this thread?

So today i made my favorite egg salad

I used:

Two potatoes

Two eggs

Lettuce

two cucumbers

and two tomatoes

I putted all the ingredients with the boiled eggs and potatoes, i also added some slices of ham and cheese.Few drops of olive oil,half lemon and salt.And bon apetit
    What you doing using a golf club to make a salad?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Am I the only one who refuses to put chicken and eggs together in the same dish? I don't know, I eat both things but it's just something about the two different ends of the life cycle that gets to me....
    I put a grilled chicken breast and two fried eggs into a breakfast burrito (with a little avocado, arugula, and splash of white truffle oil) quite often. Doesn't bother me in the slightest...'cuz it's fucking delicious.

But, yeah, I forgot all about this thread. I'll have to get back into updating it with some new recipes. With it getting cold lately, I've been making a lot of chili (I make a couple of different kinds) and a variety of homemade soups. Anyone have any particular preferences or specific requests for what I post next?

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    What you doing using a golf club to make a salad?
    Hahahahaha! Nice one 'droo!

Ape, nothing specific comes to mind but if you think of something summery (that you do in summer) and I can do over Christmas, would be good.

Hahahahaha! Nice one 'droo!

Ape, nothing specific comes to mind but if you think of something summery (that you do in summer) and I can do over Christmas, would be good.
    Do you like creamy tomato soup at all? I have my own special recipe that friends and family go bonkers for. My mom swears that if I were able to jar and sell it that I would make a fortune.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Yes, I can do tomato soup. Post it please

Yes, I can do tomato soup. Post it please
    Ape's Swim Club for Grilled Cheese

10 to 12 Roma Tomatoes (cut in to chunks)
    1 stalk Celery (finely chopped)
    1 large Carrot (finely chopped)
    1 large Red Onion (finely chopped)
    4 cloves Minced Garlic
    2 Cups Chicken Stock
    1/2 Cup Red Wine
    1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
    4 tbsp. Olive Oil
    2 tbsp. Butter
    1 Bay Leaf
    1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
    1 tsp. Cumin (preferably Roasted Cumin)
    1 tsp. Oregano
    2 tbsp. fresh Rosemary (finely chopped)
    1/4 Cup fresh Basil (chopped)
    1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
    Salt & Pepper (to taste)

1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Cut your Roma tomatoes into chunks and arrange in a roasting pan. Drizzle 2 tbsp. of olive oil over your tomatoes, and sprinkle with your smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, and salt. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes.

2. Over medium-low heat, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. of oil. Add the crushed red pepper, then sauté celery, carrot, and onion until soft. Add minced garlic and rosemary and cook for 1 minute.

3. Add red wine and scrape any brown bits off of the bottom of your stockpot. Then add the roasted tomatoes, stock, bay leaf and butter and simmer with the lid on for 20 to 30 minutes.

4. Remove the bay leaf, add your chopped basil, and then purée. Once puréed, add your cream, hit with some fresh ground pepper, and remove from heat. *be sure NOT to add the cream before puréeing or else you'll create air pockets that will ruin the consistency of the soup

*Serving Suggestion: Top with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped Applewood-smoked bacon OR make some grilled cheese sandwiches and cut them into crouton-sized chunks.

One really cool thing about this particular soup is that if you skip adding the cream, the soup will double as a great sauce for pasta dishes.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    I never did do that soup. Now I'm hungry

I'm so glad you bumped this, man, as I had forgotten all about it. I've still got a fuckton of stuff to share- I'll just need a day or two to dig through my treasure trove.

I know one recipe that I'm going to have to share are the grilled peaches that I've been rocking for whenever I have company over. I think the word used to describe them is "revelatory".

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Grilled peaches? That sounds intriguing!